Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter (22441 Views)

CAN Blasts El-rufai Over Alleged Comment On Jesus Christ / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by fkaz(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
ABUJA—The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Wednesday, described recent statement linked to former Federal Capital Territory Minister, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, on Jesus Christ, as not only reckless but also indicative of deep-seated moral bankcruptcy.
El-Rufai had tweeted on January 28, that “if Jesus criticises Jonathan’s government, Maku, Abati or Okupe will say that he slept with Mary Magdalene”.
Addressing newsmen on the issue, CAN warned El-Rufai that “if he persists in such matters and making such divisive commentaries, he must prepare himself for a very forceful and vigorous reaction from the Church and the Christian community in Nigeria”.
Speaking through its General Secretary, Rev. Musa Asake, CAN warned that the “maturity and dignified restraint of the Christian populace, in the face of inflammatory and provocative statements, should not be taken as licence for unbridled assault.
“We urge his religious leaders and political associates to advise him to be far more sobre and circumspect and put a padlock on his mouth before he lights the candle that sets ourcountry on fire.
Mallam El- Rufai
“On our part, we urge the Christian community and our Christian youths to continue to be restrained and always seek peace, love and harmony, in spite of the provocations that they are facing from the likes of Nasir El-Rufai and those he represents.
“We must not allow him to turn Nigeria into a cauldron of fire by his reckless, bigoted and twisted commentaries about our Lord or our faith and we must view him for exactly what he is, a failed, desperate, hate-filled and drowning politician, who is now stoking embers of religious division to create a political base for himself amongst his people.
“Nigeria has no place for a religious bigots who delight in insulting the Christian faith.
“We urged the Federal Government to call Nasir El-Rufai to order and not to overlook the possibility that his joke was not only contrived but was actually calculated to create an even greater wedge between Christians and Muslims with the attendant consequences.
“Had it not been for the maturity, fortitude, patience, decency, forgiving nature and deep sense of restraint that themajority of Christians have in our country, El-Rufai would not have been safe anywhere in Nigeria today after cracking suchan expensive joke.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/can-blasts-el-rufai-over-alleged-comment-on-jesus-christ/
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by fkaz(m): 10:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
Is their any way, CAN could stand for christ better than this?

I hope this same CAN will fight for the common gud of it Christian brothers suffering injustice and corruption here on earth, the innocent ones languishing in prison.

Our LORD JESUS CHRIST is too big to be mock and no man can fight for him.
Leave el-rufai to god, instead of calling on federal govt to help you.

“We urged the Federal Government to call Nasir El-Rufai to order and not to overlook the possibility that his joke was not only contrived but was actually calculated to create an even greater wedge between Christians and Muslims with the attendant consequences.

12 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by peacekeeper: 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
fkaz: Is their any way, CAN could stand for christ better than this?

CAN... The Religious arm of PDP.. Nonsense!!!

26 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by trekkie: 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
as a practicing christian, i find it ri-di-cu-lous that CAN should respond to this. i mean anyone with half a brain can get what he is trying to say. "methinks the lady doth protest too much"

22 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by gratiaeo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
CAN is also reckless in their comment here, no wonder catholic decide to pull out of CAN, they would have apply the best tactics hence they know that silent is the best answer 4 a fool

12 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by homesteady(m): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
looool....they said he should put a padlock on his mouth!! Loool....dat man is so mouthed!! No padlock can stop his big mouth from saying trash!!

Well i suggest dey shld just padlock his tongue

7 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Jesus Christ has forgiven el-rufai BUT CAN does not know that...they are behaving radicalized....

11 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by brownlord: 11:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
gratiaeo: CAN is also reckless in their comment here, no wonder catholic decide to pull out of CAN, they would have apply the best tactics hence they know that silent is the best answer 4 a fool

Where is your sense my friend?

8 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
After a decade already

Besides..... He already apologised.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by gramci: 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
brownlord:

Where is your sense my friend?

Hibernated
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by iamswizz(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
CAN and El rufai.. #No difference

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
cryI just hope el rufai is not planning to contest any national election now or ever in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by uzeba(m): 11:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
CAN shoudn't have say anything because silent is the best answer given to a fool, because xtainity is a religion of peace!!!

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by LagosBoi2(m): 11:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
CAN - Boko Haram, all radicalized.

3 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Kassidy90(m): 11:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
Make CAN abi na BOTTLE go sit down 4 corner joor...... D guy don apologise, besides he only respond to someone else tweet.....PDP in disguise no wonder catholic won pull out

15 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Tonitelli: 11:33pm On Jan 30, 2013
This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...

25 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by ndiyeauwa: 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
May GOD have Mercy on our so-called public figures!!!
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by TableLeg(m): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
So this ish is still on?!
SMH
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Monichilly(f): 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
He should be taught a serious lesson

1 Like

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Ganys: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
The guy don apologize na, afterall, he retweeted a tweet from one of his Chtistian Followers, Chai,i wonder if this Rev Musa read the tweet sef lipsrsealed
Catholic bishop had said it all... "CAN...a mouthpiece of PDP undecided

5 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by brownlord: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
gramci:

Hibernated

me think its been completely shut down
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by homesteady(m): 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...

are u a learner? Do u need a native doctor or magician to tell u he was insulting JESUS??

6 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by CohenJane: 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
gratiaeo: CAN is also reckless in their comment here, no wonder catholic decide to pull out of CAN, they would have apply the best tactics hence they know that silent is the best answer 4 a fool

Let's be honest with ourselves here, it takes a very courageous person to make a mistake, realize it and apologize. El rufai, i'm made to understand, has apologize about this matter. As a matter of fact, it was a retweet, and he said he didn't mean it the way people are carrying it about. what else do we want him to do?

10 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by SisiKill1: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
Yeah. ...nothing says we are so insulted than showing anger AFTER an apology. Definitely exemplifies what Jesus was talking about when he preached forgiveness.

Doncha just love it when Nigerian Christians show how well they understand the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by youngdee168(m): 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
We dont fight for our God, instead God fights for his self and for his children, Seriously i dont like the way CAN tackles issues in our country they talk too much.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Blasts El-rufai For Jesus Comment On Twitter by goldfish80(m): 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tonitelli: This is silly..really....I wonder who analyzed this tweet from rufai in CAN...no understanding whatsoever...he wasnt insulting Jesus in anyway..he was just trying to show how far maku and his attack dogs will go to discredit anyone who says a thing abt the govt.....now I can't help but wonder if CAN isnt a PDP branch as they say...
Exactly Exactly Exactly Exactly Exactly Exactly !!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

.... / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP / Pictures Of Construction Projects In Nnsukka Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.