Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos (868 Views)

NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / Adenuga Offers Keshi 2 Cars, A House,& N160M To Eagles / Activist Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by adejoro75: 10:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Activist Complains That $30k Match Bonus to Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos

Written by Alaba Johnson on 30 January 2013.
12 Comments and 2 Reactions

Activist Complains That $30k Match Bonus to Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos

An activist, Tokunbo Aremo Odua, has complained that the $30,000 match bonus giving to the Super Eagles for winning their match against Ethiopia is against the Federal Character principles as it enriches the Igbo nation to the disadvantage of other players.

Tokunbo said because most of the players are of Igbo origin the dole out is unfair.

The activist’s post is reprinted below verbatim.

Also see people's response in the link below

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/activist-complains-that-30k-match-bonus-to-eagles-unfairly-benefits-igbos

Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by manchy7531: 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
2nd& 3rd 2 comment.will be back when d heat is on
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by PointB: 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2013
This one is beyond redemption. angry angry

1 Like

Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by mensdept: 11:11pm On Jan 30, 2013
Hey he's right after all. That $330,000 is going to upgrade that overdue International airport in Enugu, so the fake FG promise to do so can now be laid to rest.

Or actually, that money can build an international standard stadium that woul dmake Anyiam and Enyimba stadium remain in the garbage that they belong in 2013.

Infact Ndigbo are getting a brand new Golden Gate bridge across the river 9jah so that if the old Head Bridge Onicha falls into the river, no problem.

I cant wait for these Super eagles to win the ANC, then the Igbo on the team can finally relaunch their bid to be on their own so that others in 9ja, can stop doing OWAMBE and flocking to the "PASTORS"
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by ak47mann(m): 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
this is his reply

Tokunbo AremoOdua In which I replied him:@Babaduks Ons
Eros, I respect your opinion...but I based my judgement on my experience in a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria (the UK) where I'm based. In my many years in the UK I have never seen a time the English National coach /Manager played all white players as a NATIONAL TEAM. It's nothing to do with quota system but giving other ethnic group a sense of belonging all because Nigeria is not a nation but a country of many Nations. The Spanish example you gave is just like if Yoruba were to be a nation and Egba, Ijebu, Ibadan Ife and Ekiti were complaining of all Ibadan players being selected to represent the Yoruba nation...No! nobody will buy that but chosen people from one ethnic nation from a multi-ethnic country is a complete act of EXCLUSION!
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by DonHummer(m): 11:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
bia ndi be anyi take it eazy...
if u kip calling yorubas names kos of dis retarded being den you all are d sam...he is jst one out of a million yorubas...nd doesnt speak 4 dem... if u want to insult anyone, insult d fella and not the tribe... Bikonu!!!
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by Freewilly(f): 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
This needs to be on the front page.
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by Freewilly(f): 12:49am On Jan 31, 2013
^^^ I know it will never make the front page I was only being sarcastic. Like you I'm surprised they've not deleted this thread.
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by redsun(m): 12:54am On Jan 31, 2013
This kind of thread is irrelevant,foo.lish people ponders on issues like this. It makes no sense.
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 31, 2013
igbo man di egwu! cool

1 Like

Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 31, 2013
LOL and imagine how it even got on NL so fast.

AremoODUA abi?

Una never start.
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by Akanbiedu(m): 1:10am On Jan 31, 2013
This is not a Yorubaman.

Probably a Biafran, a PointB comes to mind.
or
ndu-chucks trying to divide and rule.

grin grin grin
Re: ''Activist'' Complains That $30k Match Bonus To Eagles Unfairly Benefits Igbos by OAM4J: 1:23am On Jan 31, 2013

(1)

Atiku Thought Obasanjo Wouldn’t Complete His Tenure –el-rufai / Orji Uzor Kalu Blast Gov T.A Orji Over His First Degree Revokes By ABSU / All Ministers Must Be PDP Members - Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.