Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws (4489 Views)

Transparency international warns Nigerian SP not to Weakens Anti-corruption Laws / Oshiomhole Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Rapists-punch / Jonathan Seeks Stiffer Penalties For Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by nep2ra(m): 11:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
By Chuks Okocha

Ripples from the light jail term given to the former Director of Police Pensions, John Yukubu Yusufu continue as former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has called on the Federal Government and National Assembly to make anti-corruption laws stiffer to serve the purpose of deterrence against white-collar criminals in the country.

Atiku, who was reacting to the public outrage that greeted the two-year sentence passed on a pension crime convict, the former Vice President explained that the issue brought to light the major defects of anti-corruption laws.

More to follow...

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/atiku-calls-for-stiffer-anti-corruption-laws/137895/
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by mensdept: 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2013
Atiku is a big thief, fool, and criminal.

Now take that message to him Mr. Propaganda

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Arosa(m): 11:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
grin grin grin grin Naija is a funny drama.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by gramci: 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
I join baba Iyabo de laugh grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
If the law is properly implemented ,he will also be in jail

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by samquad(m): 12:24am On Jan 31, 2013
Thank God,i make first page. Time to sleep
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by taharqa: 12:58am On Jan 31, 2013
He too is an Anti-corruptn Activist now.. The newest, easiest way to hookwick gullible 9jerians nowadays.... SMART Guy
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by takedat(m): 1:05am On Jan 31, 2013
If a corruption personified Atiku start making calls for stiffer anti-corruption laws, then there is something amiss. Well, even if stricter laws are made in Nigeria, some will always be above the law!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by tomakint: 1:42am On Jan 31, 2013
taharqa: He too is an Anti-corruptn Activist now.. The newest, easiest way to hookwick gullible 9jerians nowadays.... SMART Guy
Like you knew what I was thinking, Atiku himself is corruption personified and he is now trying to sound like one activist undecided Nigeria I hail ooooo!
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by lafuria1(m): 1:50am On Jan 31, 2013
i didnt bother to read because i believe it is the usual akpos jokes. stiffer anti-corruption law indeed. SMH
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Tolexander: 3:01am On Jan 31, 2013
why didn't he call for this earlier while he was the VP and see if he would live to call for it naw.
I dey laff o for a man that had a better definition for corruption than any dictionary when he was the VP now forming an activist just because of 2015.
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by mach3: 3:02am On Jan 31, 2013
Oniyeye ni man yi sha!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by redcliff: 3:06am On Jan 31, 2013
In the words of parody eboue "this country is a joke'. Yes I said it. Let those "my fatherland" loyalist start attacking me..
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 31, 2013
yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Parnassuss(m): 4:06am On Jan 31, 2013
The irony...is too blatant
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Onyiido: 4:32am On Jan 31, 2013
For d white collars. What about them the polithiefcians. Mayb its becuz he wasnt d one who stole d money.
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Roland17(m): 4:45am On Jan 31, 2013
Kettle calling pot black..

*Walks away whistling "kpa-fu-ca na quench"*
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by disboy: 4:49am On Jan 31, 2013
I have never heard this ediot made any statement in respect of BH that is fast detroying his region only to open his gutter about corruption.If it were in China this man would have been hung a long time a go.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by seanet01: 4:54am On Jan 31, 2013
Na wa o. Even Atiku sef dey talk for corruption issue.
Ewo, nothing wey you no go see for Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by econome(m): 6:43am On Jan 31, 2013
IT IS ONLY IN THIS COUNTRY
THAT REAL-THIEVES
DO ADVISE THE
JUDICIARY AND GOVT tongue
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 31, 2013
mens dept: Atiku is a big thief, fool, and criminal.

Now take that message to him Mr. Propaganda

Show some respect to Atiku you mor0n
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by stuffs4me(m): 6:58am On Jan 31, 2013
Mathematically Atiku = Ole
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by miiraaj: 7:01am On Jan 31, 2013
cheesycheesycheesy Look who's talking of stiffer anti-corruption law. 9ja politicians funny oooooooo!
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 31, 2013
See who is talking? Atiku, pull out the log from your eyes first.
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 31, 2013
See this thief o. Naija I hail.
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by begwong: 7:43am On Jan 31, 2013
Atiku,thread softly o!
If not OBJ that blocked u,you could have bought the entire country now sef ,so stfu!
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by MahatmaGhandi: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2013
LOOK WHO IS TALKING. SMH
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2013
Why are you all lambasting Atiku because of his suggestion? Yet when a discreditable and shameless old crook like Obasanjo makes similar comments, most of you would hail him and criticise Jonathan. I ask you: between Atiku and Obasanjo, who is the bigger thief? Who is more corrupt? Who is more unqualified to make comments about correuption? We all know the answer to that question is Obasanjo. If so, whu the double-standards in judging them? Same also applies to a character like Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who far more corrupt than Atiku, but some people prefer to deify him and vilify the likes of Atiku.

It's unfortunate that hypocrisy is second nature for many human beings. Otherwise we wouldn't judge people merely because of our sentimental and subjective feelings about them. Standards should be applied equally and dispassionately.
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Rapmoney(m): 7:54am On Jan 31, 2013
May fifteen million Afghanistan flies lick the mouth of Atiku...
May the seven gods of Achalla poo-poo on his head!!! Nansense!!!
Who dash monkey banana?
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by Edohobong: 8:03am On Jan 31, 2013
Ripples from the light jail term given to the former Director of Police Pensions, John Yukubu Yusufu continue as former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has called on the Federal Government and National Assembly to make anti-corruption laws stiffer to serve the purpose of deterrence against white-collar criminals in the country.

Atiku, who was reacting to the public outrage that greeted the two-year sentence passed on a pension crime convict, the former Vice President explained that the issue brought to light the major defects of anti-corruption laws.

Wonders shall never end... Dis is anoda statement dat 'Ibori is an activist against corruption' He wants to be president by all means
Re: Atiku Calls For Stiffer Anti-corruption Laws by ebucha: 8:08am On Jan 31, 2013
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Lagos Govt Ban Danfo & License Private Companies To Run Transport Sector / A Great Speech By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (the CBN Governor) / Pictorial Transformation Of Agbor Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.