Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (30407 Views)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Am Afraid Of Applying For US Visa Again / Process Of Applying For Sweden Student Visa Without Admission Letter Except Admi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by pekelepekele(m): 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
US hate lye's there is no way they will approve it for you because they are not like Nigeria that doesn't have database for records and even when you want to apply for a Job and your employee run a full check on you , They normally call it background check ., He or she will know you have lied once to get a visa or you can simply run a check on your SSN but despite all that one can't underrate the power of prayers , If you are the religious type you can pray very hard and then re-apply
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by mamathrice: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nobody has to believe anything I have written here. How can I prove it without divulging personal information? But I don't understand or see what reasons I have to lie.

In the end, I came for advice and I ended up with testimony and as someone giving advice. Tell the truth, do the right thing, apologise for your mistakes and God will answer your prayers. Yes, sometimes the answer will be No but you won't have shamed yourself or closed yourself from future blessings.

Not getting the visa a year ago harmed me and my family in many ways, some I have shared on this site and some too fresh and painful to share. And I cheated my second child of the opportunity of being born a citizen because first, I was a coward and secondly, I was too proud to admit a lie. The VO today was very clear: medical tourism is not a crime (as long as you pay forit), it was my lying that denied me my visa renewals.

If only one person reads this thread and learns from it then I will be happy with the thought that I have been able to pass on this particular blessing in one small way.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by devour129: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2013
lafflaff123: @Justwise of course my post is full of assumptions and yours as the EXPERT/CONSULAR OFFICER/IMMIGRATION LAWYER/KNOW ALL/EVERYBODY ELSE IS WRONG EXCEPT ME/SABI SABI/SUPER MOD is always right.

Stick to things in Europe you know about.

The United States will not tell you that you have been banned for violating any of their regulations as they are not answerable to anybody as compared to their European counter parts,but will continue to string you along by collecting your visa application fee because thats more money into their coffers.

The OP should stop wasting her time pursuing the United States and try somewhere else.

The United States is very strict against HEALTH TOURIST and that was what she was even if she paid the hospital bills.[/b[b]]mi sis had her last two kids in usa and she still gets her visa,i guess maybe becos she looks and acts so innocent everyone just loves her so

Ever heard the word lying under OATH?the consular officer specifically ASKED her if she was PREGNANT and she LIED?it does not matter her excuse of not knowing if she wants to have the baby or not but the point is she LIED.

Pregnant women go for Visa interviews and tell the consular officers they are pregnant and still get their visa's and in her own case she played the typical NIGERIAN I AM SMARTER than everybody.

@Justwise ever gone for a US interview in your life?do you think the consular will have the time to be listening to her pleas of what happened with her not planning on having the baby in the US?her case would have been decided before she walks through the DOOR, but they have to follow the formality of conducting the interview after all she paid the visa fee for interview.

Let her go to T.B Joshua to get annointing oil,she will still be denied.

@OP try Europe. Its easier to go their and their record keeping is very poor plus if you have a baby there and have hospital payments receipt they allow you in again. But for the United States?you can continue seeing it on CNN or Cable until your child turns 18 and files for immigrant visa for you.
mi sis had her last two kids in usa and she still gets her visa,i guess maybe becos she looks and acts so innocent everyone just loves her so[/b]
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by devour129: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vikin: What a story at a very short date

Jan 31 st she was contemplating on applying.

Feb 4 th, she got her visa before 9 am.

Na wa!
i smell a rat

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by hollypagan: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
court ,can every body stand let me read the verdit,madam ur sentence by ban entry in US for having a baby,do you have something to say
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by efoshizzle: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
Yes, it is possible that she was only contemplating applying on the 31st of January (thursday), and got her visa on the 4th of February (monday)...

All she would have done was book an appointment, and seeing they had availability today, taken the chance, and gone for the interview...

You see, it's not like the snorty uk embassy where you are left guessing for weeks. The US embassy tells you then and there after the interview whether or not you have been successful. If you are, you are asked to drop your passport, and expect in a few days. If not, you take your passport home. Simple!

So Congratulations to the OP.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by FXKing2012(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice: Hello all. I need desperate advice.

Some might remember my story. Years ago, I went for a visa interview, denied I was pregnant and had my baby in the US. I paid all my bills and everything. When I tried to renew my visa, I was rejected twice. Both times I insisted I was not aware of my pregnancy. It has been over a year since my last interview and I am thinking of applying again. Am I wasting my time?

I went as far as to write to the US immigration people after the incident and they said I shouldn't take it personally, the consular officer has to use his discretion and that I can apply again.

What do you think? Will I be wasting my money and time? And if there's a chance I could be given a visa at all... What do I do if the old matter comes up? Insist on my story that I didn't know I was pregnant? Or just say I lied and am sorry?
Question is why must you go to the U.S.?
Maybe God is trying to tell you something by all those visa denials and I urge you to listen to that quiet voice. Maybe harm awaits you in the U.S. or perhaps your greatness lies in Nigeria.

Think about this then pray for guidance.[b]

Some might remember my story. Years ago, I went for a visa interview, denied I was pregnant and had my baby in the US. I paid all my bills and everything. When I tried to renew my visa, I was rejected twice. Both times I insisted I was not aware of my pregnancy. It has been over a year since my last interview and I am thinking of applying again. Am I wasting my time?

I went as far as to write to the US immigration people after the incident and they said I shouldn't take it personally, the consular officer has to use his discretion and that I can apply again.

What do you think? Will I be wasting my money and time? And if there's a chance I could be given a visa at all... What do I do if the old matter comes up? Insist on my story that I didn't know I was pregnant? Or just say I lied and am sorry?
Maybe God is trying to tell you something by all those visa denials and I urge you to listen to that quiet voice. Maybe harm awaits you in the U.S. or perhaps your greatness lies in Nigeria.

Think about this then pray for guidance.[/b]

Think about this then pray for guidance.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by dyvinson7: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2013

You may be wasting your time. The U.S embassy will hardly and i repeat will hardly grant you visa under the same circumstances they have denied you visa twice. You may just be wasting that hard earn money of yours. Although some clarification is needed to tell you for sure your chances, and reason why you were denied. But lets consider some of the following scenarios.

A. If you were given 2 yrs visa and you stayed more than six months in U.S and had child, you will be denied renewal visa

Reason: When a consulate gives you a visa, its not actually the visa that is given from your resident country that is the visa, the actual visa is at the port of entry. The one on your passport, its a traveling document/ that allows the airline to carry you and also make you to get to the port of entry. The actual people that issue the visa are the immigration officers in US its called Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE), those are the people that verify your traveling document stamped on your passport and then re-interview you to see if you really need to be in the country or not. Once you pass their interview, they can either stamp you without dates or stamp with a date e.g dates lasting from the following date till the next 6 months. If you are not stamped, you are to leave the country before 6 months from the date you enter the country and come in again, either the same day, weeks or few months after you left if you have multiple visa.

B. Like you said you had a baby in U.S and the immigration officer that interview you did not know, that might amount to being denied visa to U.S under visitor's visa.

Reason: With lots of parents traveling in and out of U.S to deliver babies, it does not matter if you pay or not, once you have gone to the country to give birth, they see it as dishonesty and they assume that the reason you traveled there was because you want to give birth. They also understand that if you go back again, you might not return to Nigeria and you can file for one or two relieves if you so wish. They would not want similar mistakes on their parts to repeat itself. Considering also that the U.S is working on its immigration reform, there will be strict restriction these days to prevent people like you who have one leg in as a result of child in U.S from getting a status easily. Also, they also understand that the child you had will benefit alot if you return. For instant, your can claim some child benefit, because your child is a citizen and they see it as a way of relinquishing your responsibility or your country responsibility to U.S government as a result of your child being born in the U.S

C. Solution:
Ignore applying under the same circumstance as a visitor and look for other option,
1. such as marrying a U.S citizen,
2. Wait until your child is 21 so he/she can file for you
3. If you have residency in another country other than Nigeria, apply in about 5 years time from the U.S embassy in that country even as a visitor
4. If you win visa lottery, that may help
5. If gain admission to U.S school and apply for student visa, but make sure you have more than enough document to back your finances.

Above all, pray for Nigeria that Nigeria get better so that you will not have to be desperate to go to U.S.. If your country is good, there will no be reason to go apply to U.S, instead you get to the entry port with your passport, until then.. Pray for Nigeria

Just seeing that you have been given visa, its not my responsibility to question the authenticity, but the possibility is hard, but not that its impossible. However, for those that might be in the same shoe, this note is for you to consider.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by pappilo(m): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
efoshizzle: Yes, it is possible that she was only contemplating applying on the 31st of January (thursday), and got her visa on the 4th of February (monday)...

All she would have done was book an appointment, and seeing they had availability today, taken the chance, and gone for the interview...

So she got all the supporting documents ready in 5 days including Saturday and Sunday? It is possible sha but I call BS on this.

The funny thing about the US embassy is that sometimes they as k you just one question and grant you a visa without even looking at any of your supporting documents.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by abiL(f): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Something smells fishy...

But ey, what do I know? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Skywalker5(m): 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice: Nobody has to believe anything I have written here. How can I prove it without divulging personal information? But I don't understand or see what reasons I have to lie.

In the end, I came for advice and I ended up with testimony and as someone giving advice. Tell the truth, do the right thing, apologise for your mistakes and God will answer your prayers. Yes, sometimes the answer will be No but you won't have shamed yourself or closed yourself from future blessings.

Not getting the visa a year ago harmed me and my family in many ways, some I have shared on this site and some too fresh and painful to share. And I cheated my second child of the opportunity of being born a citizen because first, I was a coward and secondly, I was too proud to admit a lie. The VO today was very clear: medical tourism is not a crime (as long as you pay forit), it was my lying that denied me my visa renewals.

If only one person reads this thread and learns from it then I will be happy with the thought that I have been able to pass on this particular blessing in one small way.

Really? you really need to change the way you think.You talking as if its your human right for your kids to be born in the USA. Remember, you deceived the system to get your first child to the USA

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Emilo(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
@mamathrice, you maybe be saying the truth or lying as you have done in the past to make us believe that you progressed this time around. To save everyone their worries, scan the stamped page on your passport so we can see the date. Now or when you collect your passport..No go bring somebody own sha....

With this you would be exonerated...
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by nikkypearl(f): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
There is one thing about Us visa that no one can comprehend!but I think getting a US. Visa is just by luck!coz the last time I went for interview,the cosular asked if I was pregnant,and I simply said yes,he then ask if I knew the cost of having a baby in the US,nd I truthfully said NO!he said he would have love to give us(me nd my hubby)but he said we should reapply and must Know the cost Of having a baby there!it was really painful though,coz I never had d mind of giving birth there!jus 4tourist purpose!
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by AjanleKoko: 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
Unfortunately, too many Nigerians have shown up in the US, had babies, and absconded without paying bills.
There is no luck involved in this visa thing. We don fall hand, that's why the whole thing has become complicated.

I know this one first hand.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by princeonx: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2013
mamathrice: Well - am back from the interview and I did what I said I would do. I told the truth, held nothing back. I was told that my lies caused my previous refusals and I had broken the first rule of the system by lying.

I was given the visa. I left the embassy in tears. Even though I was given, it is still a very painful experience, especially as it was something that I could have avoided with a little honesty.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who ever finds herself in my shoes. Tell the truth and keep your dignity. It might not alwaysget you what you want but you will be able to hold your head high in the end.
The US will NEVER EVER issue you a visa after lying in your first/original interview, and the following two times you went back. Let me get this right, you went back this morning then explain to them, told the truth, and the VO now told you that you were denied the last time because you lied and now that you said the truth, here is your visa? Pleasassseee! If you can trick them with pregnancy knowing or not knowing, paid medical bills or not, which US born citizens can get waived if you know what papers to file! what make you think they believe your age? Your name? How are they sure you're not another Abdul mutalab or whatever his name is? And present purpose of traveling? You can NEVER lie under oat and change it and then receive a benefit from the US government. Your first story/post in this thread is incomplete! As for the "I went back and just told the truth thing" and got a visa, biggest lie on top of the original lie.
You don't have to prove anything to me cux this is a field I know too much about!

6 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by AjanleKoko: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
prince_onx:
The US will NEVER EVER issue you a visa after lying in your first/original interview, and the following two times you went back. Let me get this right, you went back this morning then explain to them, told the truth, and the VO now told you that you were denied the last times because you lied and now that you said the truth, here is your visa? Pleasassseee! If you can trick them with pregnancy knowing or not knowing, paid medical bills or not, which US born citizens can get waived if you know what papers to file! what make you think they believe your age? Your name? How are they sure you're not another Abdul mutalab or whatever his name is? And present purpose of traveling? You can NEVER lie under oat and change it and then receive a benefit from the US government. Your first story/post in this thread is incomplete! As for the "I went back and just told the truth thing" and got a visa, biggest lie on top of the original lie.
You don't have to prove anything to me cux this is a field I know too much about!

You lie jare.
Why won't they issue her visa ever again? Of course they will issue her visa eventually.
Self-appointed 'experts' sef. Phooey undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
lafflaff123: Storyyyyy. No be only Visa them give her sef na Citizenship.

I no believe say them GIVE her. SAhe just dey yarn that story here. Once YANKEE don put RED INK for your matter it dey dey difficult.

Once again i say na STORYYY STORRYYY.

Jeeze dude. What next? You so want this lady to be denied a visa, just so you can say you were proved right? At least be the big man, and admit you were wrong, it's no big deal.

I for one am glad Mamathrice got her visa granted, proof that honesty does pay in the end. She made a mistake, and learned from it. Not all VO's / Immigration Officials are monsters.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Anthony247: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
@OP, i've been following ur post with keen interest as well as all the responses that uve gotten so far. My advice to u, pls dont let anyone discourage u. That they denied u twice before now doesnt mean they can never ever grant u visa. It had never been a crime to give birth in US, neither will it ever be. The only problem is that they think u lied about being pregnant at the point of interview, but even at that, theres still a possibility u didnt know u were pregnant. So all u need to do is to insist, i mean INSIST on ur previous claims. If u dare change ur story, apologies wont save u, rather it might earn u a BAN! Since uve already gotten a date for ur interview, pray well and go for it with full confidence. God will grant u d Visa. I have a relative who had dsame case with u. She had her child in US and paid all her bills, time for renewal, she was denied..... she tried again after 3months on my advice and she was granted a Visa. Go and grab tha visa, but pls insist on ur ignorance.... Goodluck.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Skywalker5(m): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
Anthony247: @OP, i've been following ur post with keen interest as well as all the responses that uve gotten so far. My advice to u, pls dont let anyone discourage u. That they denied u twice before now doesnt mean they can never ever grant u visa. It had never been a crime to give birth in US, neither will it ever be. The only problem is that they think u lied about being pregnant at the point of interview, but even at that, theres still a possibility u didnt know u were pregnant. So all u need to do is to insist, i mean INSIST on ur previous claims. If u dare change ur story, apologies wont save u, rather it might earn u a BAN! Since uve already gotten a date for ur interview, pray well and go for it with full confidence. God will grant u d Visa. I have a relative who had dsame case with u. She had her child in US and paid all her bills, time for renewal, she was denied..... she tried again after 3months on my advice and she was granted a Visa. Go and grab tha visa, but pls insist on ur ignorance.... Goodluck.

Erm, Did you not follow the post to where she said she has been granted Visa to the USA? undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by abiL(f): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sky-walker:

Erm, Did you not follow the post to where she said she has been granted Visa to the USA? undecided undecided undecided

Hahahaha... He probably lost internet connection when it came to reading that part.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Asis(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Congrats
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by efoshizzle: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Yes, contemplating about applying for a visa could have meant that she already had her documents.Friday was there, and even days before. So I believe she got it.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Emilo(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
Are you guys not reading, she says she has gotten the visa.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by paris10: 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
It doesnt matter if the issue is raised again. What matters most is your ability to convince them that this time U gonna be a genuine tourist and that what happened b4 was an honest mistake. Don't let anyone dissuade you from applying again. A lot of itk on this forum.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
Emilo: @mamathrice, you maybe be saying the truth or lying as you have done in the past to make us believe that you progressed this time around. To save everyone their worries, scan the stamped page on your passport so we can see the date. Now or when you collect your passport..No go bring somebody own sha....

With this you would be exonerated...

Exonerated from what? You make it sound like she's on trial, which she clearly isn't. How self righteous can you get? Exonerate herself? Bro, listen to yourself!

She certainly doesn't have to scan any documents to tender here (Nairaland Court?) for anyone to examine. It's either you believe her, or you don't. You believing or not won't affect her quality of life. She owes no one anything.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by somebody(f): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
No one understands how the US Embassy works really. I know someone something similar happened to. She lied and got denied but she later admitted that she lied initially and was issued a visa. I have several friends who have gone to the US Embassy in the last 2 years and told the interviewing officer they were going to have their babies there and they were given visas. As the OP said, the US does not frown on medical tourism, they just don't want you cheating their system. And of course they value honestly, they want to know if you are going to have you baby there so they can assess whether you can afford it. I don't know why some Nigerians cry more than the bereaved - they make up all sorts if stories as if the US Embassy frowns upon medical tourism when in actual fact they don't. If the US Embassy doesn't mind women going to have their babies in the US as long as they pay their bills, I suggest other people mind their business really. It's not like we have a decent healthcare system in Nigeria - iimagine maternal mortality still being rampant in this day and age in Nigeria. Please if you can afford it, even Ghana is a good option.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by InvertedHammer: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2013

Be informed that whatever information the US Embassy has on you will be stored in their database till "His" kingdom cometh. If you have the money, just keep applying. But keep in mind that you
are only playing a lottery. The Embassy will keep giving you diplomatic answers (like telemarketers) and expect you to figure it out.

The toughest question to answer in the interview: What evidence do you have to prove that you intend to return to Nigeria after you get to the US?
Nobody has an answer to this question. There is no right or wrong answer here.
Possible answers:
I have landed properties in Nigeria....so?
I have families in Nigeria...so?
I have a good paying job....so?
I bla bla bla....so?

This is where the VO's discretion kicks in.
However, if you have $1,000,000 cash (or large chunk of cash) in your bank account....Bingo!
WELCOME TO UNITED STATES!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
walterkenny: Do you want it? Like do you really desire to get an American visa if yes, then continue until you get what you want,once you have the resources to. Plus cheer up and be positive smiley

Lol...you obviously haven't been reading through...she got the visa, really pleased for her.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again by Emilo(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Siena:

Exonerated from what? You make it sound like she's on trial, which she clearly isn't. How self righteous can you get? Exonerate herself? Bro, listen to yourself!

She certainly doesn't have to scan any documents to tender here (Nairaland Court?) for anyone to examine. It's either you believe her, or you don't. You believing or not won't affect her quality of life. She owes no one anything.

Brother, no one is cross-examing anyone like in the court of law. I for one would want to know if issues like this could be waived at the Embassy. The only way i can completely conclude is evidence (i mean real evidence), not one story tale. Its not compulsory tho, it would just make us all believe and can stand confident and advice others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agodi Gardens! / Trump Wants To Make US Visas Harder For Nigerians / Unmanned Drone Crashes In Borno Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.