Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Do People Write Their Religion In Their Resume? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Write Their Religion In Their Resume? (730 Views)

Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / 17 Things People Report About Shedding Their Religion - Jim Palmer. / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Write Their Religion In Their Resume? by HIV1: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2013
I have always asked the question why Nigerians write their religion on their Resume.
So many questions out of curiosity emanate from the above statement; 1 is religion one of the requirements for job placement 2. Does it boost ones chance of getting job? 3. Does it have any contribution to employee performance 4 Does it guarantees zero corruption in an organization. 5. Why is it that most resumes I have come cross in this country bear either Christianity or Islam, what about other religious sects such as Armoc, aithest and traditional believers.
I am compelled to write this article because of my observation when I looked at many samples of resume by the Europeans online and discovered that religion is almost hundred percently omitted I then start wondering, what necessitate or precipitate the idea of including ones religion in a resume from this country.
Why I am asking the question is that job placement to me should be solely based on merit. We are all aware of the extent to which religious sentiment have contributed to our biased selection of candidates. I will buttress my point with two experiences one from me and another from someone close to me.
A friend of mine who was unemployed but has finally got job now graduated from department of mathematics .The guy is very good hence some of the lecturers in a federal polytechnics used to engage his services to put them through whenever they have they difficulties in solving some questions. In the process of teaching, many of the lecturers saw that he was good and wanted the guy in their institution. The guy is a Muslim, and he discovered that in that department mostly hundred percent of them are Christians hence they would hardly allow a Muslim in their midst. Because of this sentiment he was unable to get job in that department. There is also another department in that same institution in which almost hundred percent of them are Muslims hence they also believe that it is Muslims right to be there. They too will go against a Christian getting job in that department.
I have also witnessed a situation during NNPC recruitment in which a guy who can hardly construct a sentence and claimed he had 2.1 from a university went to get a letter from a chief Imam Abuja to scale to second stage which is interview stage. In this same selection some went to the extent of getting letter from CAN president. Another one is that of an advert that came out in one of the dailies. The director of the Organization came from a church in Ibadan. It was discovered that half of the people that were to be employed had already been taken three months before the advert out and they were all from this same church. This same organization sold 3000 forms at 1000 naira per form the first day the advert came out and the director knew they were not going to take those people. When guys heard that connection was in the church, the number of congregation temporarily doubled the following week.
We need to ask ourselves; does any religion support corruption? To the best of my knowledge I believe is that religion says is that if someone merits a post or appointment, give it to the person even if the person Ogboni , Gurumaharaji, Muslim or Christian. Most Imams, Pastors and their follower do these things thinking they are helping their friend, or their congregation. It’s all corruption, I can’t Imagine if Jesus or Muhammad were to be alive, I am sure neither will give note to somebody to go and meet person in charge when the right channel is aptitude test or an interview.
Re: Why Do People Write Their Religion In Their Resume? by Ozegbe(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2013
Well....if you are a Christian and your CV is reviewed by an extremely delusional Christian you might get t h e job without interview, but if it falls on the hand of a Muslim extremist you may not write t he test......vice versa.

(1) (Reply)

Count Down To 2013 Lent Season / Not Funny! Women Flash Breasts To Celebrate Pope Benedict Resignation / I Am Yet To Find Any.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.