Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory (6781 Views)

109 Senators To Train In Facebook / 'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. / Saraki Leads Senators To Visit The Awolowos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by fkaz(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
The Senate President, David Mark, on Thursday in Abuja appealed to senators to fast for the Super Eagles, if it would ensure their victory over the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire.
The national team will file out against their Cote d’Ivoire counterparts on Sunday in a quarter-final match of the ongoing 29th Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in South Africa.
Mark said, ``individually, you can fast if you think it will make them to win’’.
According to him, national pride is at stake and therefore, the Super Eagles must play their best to ensure victory.
He told the Deputy Leader of the Senate who, he said, was the contact person between the Senate and the Super Eagles, to inform them that the prayers of all Nigerians were with them.
``We will pray as hard as we can but they must play as hard as they can because our prayers alone cannot score goals,’’ Mark said.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that the Super Eagles defeated the Ethiopian national team, Walya Antelopes 2-0 on Tuesday to set the quarter-final game. (NAN)
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/46525/2013/01/31/mark_urges_senators_fast_super_eagles_victory.html
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Willy7(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
No problem about that sir,but i hope it wont require billions of naira of our collective wealth to buy food and drinks to break the fast?Nigerian leaders are too religious,yet morally bankrupt.

22 Likes

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Fhemmmy: 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
When will they fast for a nation to see some light at the end of the tunnel . . when will they fast for job creation and for lights in our nation or fast for Nigeria to be safe haven for genuine investor?

7 Likes

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2013
I can see the Senate has a distorted sense of priority.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by imperiouxx(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
E don reach that level abi? I have never seen Nigeria as scared as a girl for another African team like this before. Even in the days of Cameroun and Ghana, we are not a fidget as this. undecided Shame!

2 Likes

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by jamal230(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
Wat wil be wil be

1 Like

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Imoy(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Wuse2(m): 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
Houses and Lands for sales in ABUJA, contact me on jessywil@yahoo.com
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2013
let the fast for gervinho
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
grin

joke
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by emma96: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
4 hw much Oga Mark?
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by coogar: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
nigerians are funny...
the ratio of the amount of time spent fasting/praying by nigerians AND the preparation is 95:5.
normally, humans are expected to do 95% of the job and then pray for divine favour to fill in the gap. the reverse is the case in nigeria. they do only 5% of what's required and pray for 95% divine help. when a nation becomes too over-religious, they lose a big chunk of their common sense with it.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by wills2: 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
its good let them all fast to reduce their pot beely shikina
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by BodyKiss(m): 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2013
This country is in the fvcking wrong hands. Not everything is about spirituality you modafvckers.

1 Like

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by DrWhizy(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2013
I blame GEJ for allowing mark sai dis. grin grin grin wink
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by wills2: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Henro make u comment oooooo wwe are waiting for u
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by executinal(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mehn everybody fasting and praying.
Mikel is even out due to yellow card angry
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by 50calibre(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
Wishful thinking and blind optimism at work. Nigeria is out, there is no two ways about it and anybody who disagrees is either naive or incredibly stupid
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by slimfit1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mr Mark thanks for your useless concern but I think it's better for you to face what is more important sir. Don't worry some of us have no choice but to fast we break at these same time everyday whether we are fasting or not thank you very much you don't have to remind us that. If you can make laws that will help us to stop fasting everyday we will all appreciate it sir thank you.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by pyx: 5:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ko si adura fun oku mo. no prayer for the dead again
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by SamMilla1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
who told mr mark that ivory coast doesnt have senators too?

They need preparations not prayers, clueless bunch.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by ismhab(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
Stupid man, why not ask us to fast for peace to reign in Nigeria, developmental progress, fight corruption, fight looters, kidnapping, terrorist, yahoo yahoo, arm robbers, nd let us have light 24/7.

1 Like

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by slimfit1(m): 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
↑↑↑↑ fast my ass sir coming from you.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Akpan107(m): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
i dey laugh oo... Hahahaahahaha... Sanator to fast for Super Eagle... Hmmm... Wonder has finally End!

1 Like

Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by alphaconde(m): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
The prayer of a sinner is an abomination. Please hold make una no change am for dem keshi
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Wsdm: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Mr David, watch the senate you preside over and tell us if even Satan can accept any of your prayers. But i am so surprise that these people still believe in God considering the mess they have puten us.
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Cleverley(m): 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2013
This is so funny i can't stop laughing. . Hahahaha
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by cold(m): 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2013
Wow! Finally something we can all agree on. Fasting for the SE is an exercise in futility
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by talk2s(m): 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
Dr. Whizy:
I blame GEJ for allowing mark sai dis. grin grin grin wink

Are u alright?
How is the Senate President's remark the fault of the Nigerian President?
So GEJ will now be blamed for every action or inaction of Nigerians. This is the height of irresponsibility of every Tom, Dick and Harry that reasons this way!
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by DonaldGenes(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2013
[quote author=Wuse2]Houses and Lands for sales in ABUJA, contact me on jessywil@yahoo.com[/quote
When will you dash your fellow human being free land
Re: Mark Urges Senators To Fast For Super Eagles Victory by Maxymilliano(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
When I saw the topic 'Mark urges', thought it was Mark Hughes...

To the topic, the lawmakers can indulge in spiritual fantasies to help their protruding bellies stuffed with illicit wealth.

God dey!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Now In Bourdillon Street, Dino Melaye Challenges Tinubu(Photos) / Breaking News!!! Ngozi Iweala / BIAFRA: Nnamdi Kanu Arrives USA Ahead May30th Biafra Heroes Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.