Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160617 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2014
calabaman:

Thanks for ur quick response sir. My parents are in nigeria... how do I go about getting dual citizenship. Sorry I dnt know my NI number

my birth certificate is of my place of birth in a hospital in Lancaster England
Check your birth certificate for your NI number.
It is a great advantage that your parents are alive to aid your citizenship application.
You can start the application process in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2014
fortress11: Hi Vicjustice
thanks for a brilliant job
You mean, you just registered in Nairaland, and the first thing you did was to commend my job with your very first post?
That is something appreciative. Thank you so much
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by calabaman(m): 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
Vicjustice:
Check your birth certificate for your NI number.
It is a great advantage that your parents are alive to aid your citizenship application.
You can start the application process in this link:
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y

thanks. I would check my second birth certificate for that
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by calabaman(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2014
worry359:
Was your birth registered in the UK and do you have a british birth certificate or any other papers?
These would make things simpler.

Do please remember that UK. is no paradise!
You should have a good plan before you go to the UK.
How will you make your living?
Do you have any skills to get a job.

It would be better to come on a holiday to see how things are before commiting everything.

Thanks for your response. I have a british birth certificate dated August 1st 1983
Yes, I have considered carefully what I would do for a living carefully when I get over there. I know that life in the UK is no bed of roses so I would be sure to have several contingency plans before I commit my lot to living in the uk.

But I have one immediate concern, my folks told me the year I was born 1983 that the UK stopped issuing citizenship to those born in the uk. So thats why I never had a british passport. Before I commit resources to applying for a passport I would like to know from you and Mr Vicjustice if this is still in effect? Or if this only happened for those born in the year 83? And am I eligible to have a british passport?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2014
calabaman:

Thanks for your response. I have a british birth certificate dated August 1st 1983
Yes, I have considered carefully what I would do for a living carefully when I get over there. I know that life in the UK is no bed of roses so I would be sure to have several contingency plans before I commit my lot to living in the uk.

But I have one immediate concern, my folks told me the year I was born 1983 that the UK stopped issuing citizenship to those born in the uk. So thats why I never had a british passport. Before I commit resources to applying for a passport I would like to know from you and Mr Vicjustice if this is still in effect? Or if this only happened for those born in the year 83? And am I eligible to have a british passport?
This is what one reference says.
British citizenship - born on or after 1 January 1983
Being born in the UK doesn’t automatically give you British citizenship.
If you were born on or after 1 January 1983, you will be a British citizen if your mother or father was either:
a British citizen when you were born
‘settled’ in the UK when you were born
In most cases you will be a British citizen if your mother or father was born or naturalised in the UK.

Does this fit you and your family?
Go to Google and search for
british citizenship by birth after 1983
Then read those.

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by ewere101: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Please I have a friend from Denmark he is a medical doctor in Denmark, he always come to Ghana were I am now each time he's on leave. I talked him about coming to Europe to hustle and he agreed to help me but the problem now is dat he doesn't know the easiest and brstbest way to do it, we are contemplating if I come with a visitors visa how easy will it be for me to get a permit to work and all... pls in nneed u guys to give me a clue on the best way he could really help me..
And I actually love to be iin Norway not Denmark is there any chance that if I get a Danish visa I could go to Norway to work since there are all Scandinavians. . Thanks all please I need immediate answers
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by acadollar(m): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Pls who knows if south Korea embassy can accept a family friends account statement for my sponsor ship being that there is no family ties ?
Also is it a must that since am going for masters that It must be self sponsored ?
Pls I need suggestions on what to do about this .
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:47am On Jul 28, 2014
acadollar: Pls who knows if south Korea embassy can accept a family friends account statement for my sponsor ship being that there is no family ties ?
Also is it a must that since am going for masters that It must be self sponsored ?
Pls I need suggestions on what to do about this .
I don't know about south Korea, but I know that no normal country would consider such sponsorship as credible

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Hello,
I am 21 years. I met an American woman on facebook. She and her husband introduced me to a network marketing business. I got interested in the business. So, they sponsored my registration financially. The husband has been chatting with me by email.
Now, they want me to come over there (US) for seminars in either December or January.
They are ready to stand as my sponsor and they are willing to provide any supporting documents for the invitation and sponsorship.
My questions are:

1. Is this a business visa or tourist visa?
2. What documents are required of them being my sponsor in this kind of situation?
3. What documents required are required of me?
4. And what are my my chances of being approved of this type of visa in this situation?

Thank you sir.

Regards.
Charles George.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 9:13am On Jul 29, 2014
charzyh2

You have posted the same thing on many places.
You will not get any more answers.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2014
worry359: charzyh2

You have posted the same thing on many places.
You will not get any more answers.

I'm sorry Nairalanders for posting it on different places. I'm worried, that's why I decided to do that.
Please, I still need help from you guys concerning this my visa issue.
Thank you all...one love
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2014
@Vicjustice
please, can you help me by explaining how I will go about the above visa issue? Please help.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
momoyama:

I am not Nigerian, but I have a friend from Nigeria here in the Bahamas and he got here by flying to Dubai, then Moscow, then to Cuba and from there to Nassau. I am sure you can do the same route to Cuba and there are many direct flights from Cuba to Haiti.

@ momoyama
Thats a loooong thing man! But how were the connecting flights arranged? Apart from Russia, the other points of entry mentioned are visa free. Did he have to get a transit visa to Russia? Pls if you could get specific details on his itenary ill be grateful. Cheers!
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Vicjustice:
Most countries that do not require visa of Nigerian citizens do so by compensating the visa requirements with other measures: for example, they do not have direct flights from Nigeria nor from any country that Nigerian citizens can enter without a visa: These measures can be considered hypocritical as the countries usually hide behind other coutries that have stringent visa requirements for Nigerians: some countries (like Turkey) require Nigerian citizens to hold visas or resident permits for hard coutries like the US, Canada, Australia, New-Zealand, Japan and the EU etc before they can enter Turkey "visa free", while others hide behind these hard countries' transit visas.
Therefore, in actual sense, there is virtually no country outside Africa that is entirely visa free for Nigerian passport holders.

@ Vic
Thanks! Very insightful response. I do appreciate.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
charzyh2: Hello,
I am 21 years. I met an American woman on facebook. She and her husband introduced me to a network marketing business. I got interested in the business. So, they sponsored my registration financially. The husband has been chatting with me by email.
Now, they want me to come over there (US) for seminars in either December or January.
They are ready to stand as my sponsor and they are willing to provide any supporting documents for the invitation and sponsorship.
My questions are:
1. Is this a business visa or tourist visa?
2. What documents are required of them being my sponsor in this kind of situation?
3. What documents required are required of me?
4. And what are my my chances of being approved of this type of visa in this situation?
Thank you sir.
Regards.
Charles George.
1) If you are going for business, then it is a business visa and if for tourism, then it is tourist visa.
2) The documents that are required of them can be found in the original post.
3) Also, refer to the original post.
4) It would be easier for you to lift an adult elephant than to get a visa in your given circumstances.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Vicjustice:
1) If you are going for business, then it is a business visa and if for tourism, then it is tourist visa.
4) It would be easier for you to lift an adult elephant than to get a visa in your given circumstances.

please sir, what do you mean by 'Lift adult elephant'?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by momoyama: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ije004:

@ momoyama
Thats a loooong thing man! But how were the connecting flights arranged? Apart from Russia, the other points of entry mentioned are visa free. Did he have to get a transit visa to Russia? Pls if you could get specific details on his itenary ill be grateful. Cheers!

I am not sure, but I will ask him about the Russia visa issue. He is a dual Nigerian/Sierra Leone citizen, though, which might make some difference.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
momoyama:
I am not sure, but I will ask him about the Russia visa issue. He is a dual Nigerian/Sierra Leone citizen, though, which might make some difference.
When it comes to international travel matters, being a dual Nigerian/Sierra-leonean citizen can only make as much difference as being a bi-ethnic indigene of Yoruba and Igbo.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
Vicjustice:

@vic, please what are the main issues that need to be corrected.
Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by momoyama: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Vicjustice:
When it comes to international travel matters, being a dual Nigerian/Sierra-leonean citizen can only make as much difference as being a bi-ethnic indigene of Yoruba and Igbo.

I am not sure why you think that, but you may be right. I would imagine that different countries do not have the same visa requirements as others. For instance, a Nigerian may not require a visa to Canada (as a Commonwealth country) and a Sierra Leonean may require one. By the same token, a Sierra Leonean may not require one for a specific country that a Nigerian does. That is why having dual citizenship is always good for making travel convenient.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:20am On Jul 31, 2014
momoyama:
I am not sure why you think that, but you may be right. I would imagine that different countries do not have the same visa requirements as others. For instance, a Nigerian may not require a visa to Canada (as a Commonwealth country) and a Sierra Leonean may require one. By the same token, a Sierra Leonean may not require one for a specific country that a Nigerian does. That is why having dual citizenship is always good for making travel convenient.
Dual citizenship is beneficial if you are a citizen of two countries of different advantages: for example, you hold both Nigerian and Australian citizenship. But there is no advantage if you hold dual citizenship of Nigerian and Sierra-leone because, both countries are of same values in regards to international travel.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:33am On Jul 31, 2014
charzyh2:
@vic, please what are the main issues that need to be corrected.
Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time.
There are 101 issues that I don't think you can correct at this stage, but I will be considerate enough to mention one which is a knockout blow.
You stated that you would be going to the UK for "business" while you are not a business man: yet, you expect a couple that you met in the internet to sponsor your trip.
You are also contemplating on applying for a tourist visa, but you do not seem to be having any meaningful responsibility in Nigeria, and you are entirely banking your hope on the strange couples that you seemingly know nothing about.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 2:04am On Jul 31, 2014
Vicjustice:
There are 101 issues that I don't think you can correct at this stage, but I will be considerate enough to mention one which is a knockout blow.
You stated that you would be going to the UK for "business" while you are not a business man: yet, you expect a couple that you met in the internet to sponsor your trip.
You are also contemplating on applying for a tourist visa, but you do not seem to be having any meaningful responsibility in Nigeria, and you are entirely banking your hope on the strange couples that you seemingly know nothing about.

Okay, thank you very much sir. I'm a student sir. What if I get a signed and stamped letter from school inorder to have a strong tie? My parents will sponsor the trip but I will reside with those white people in the US. And I'll make it a tourist visa.
Please sir, what if I make it this way?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by momoyama: 2:47am On Jul 31, 2014
Vicjustice:
Dual citizenship is beneficial if you are a citizen of two countries of different advantages: for example, you hold both Nigerian and Australian citizenship. But there is no advantage if you hold dual citizenship of Nigerian and Sierra-leone because, both countries are of same values in regards to international travel.

According to the Henley & Partners Visa Restrictions Index, Nigerians can enter 48 countries without visas, while Sierra Leoneans can enter 63 countries without visas. That is a significant difference. Moreover, I am sure not all of the 48 countries that allow visa free travel to Nigerians extend the same to Sierra Leoneans. That means that there IS value to holding both passports.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:58am On Jul 31, 2014
momoyama:
According to the Henley & Partners Visa Restrictions Index, Nigerians can enter 48 countries without visas, while Sierra Leoneans can enter 63 countries without visas. That is a significant difference. Moreover, I am sure not all of the 48 countries that allow visa free travel to Nigerians extend the same to Sierra Leoneans. That means that there IS value to holding both passports.
Even if Sierra-leone passport are visa free to more countries than Nigerian passport, have you checked the qualities of these countries?
If yes, which of the countries is a country with significance economic power?
Com'on, you're not going to be naming countries like Bangladesh, Haiti Sri-Lanka and East-Timor, are you?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by momoyama: 3:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Vicjustice:
Even if Sierra-leone passport are visa free to more countries than Nigerian passport, have you checked the qualities of these countries?
If yes, which of the countries is a country with significance economic power?
Com'on, you're not going to be naming countries like Bangladesh, Haiti Sri-Lanka and East-Timor, are you?

Lichtenstein, Singapore, Andorra, Bermuda, Barbados and or course my own country, The Bahamas, do require visas for Sierra Leoneans. Of course, these are all small countries, but they are all wealthy countries with high incomes that typically have very stringent visa/immigration restrictions. Bermuda, for instance, has a per capita income almost three times that of the United States and far, far higher salaries across the board.

I am not sure what you mean by 'economic power', but I do not think that is a criteria people use when deciding to migrate, otherwise big, poor countries like China and Brazil would have more immigration problems than small, wealthier ones. Of course, the reverse is true.

Also, Malaysia does not require visa from Sierra Leoneans. While Malaysia is much poorer than the small countries listed above it nonetheless is a net migration magnet. So I maintain that having two passports is always a good thing for international travel.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2014
momoyama:
Lichtenstein, Singapore, Andorra, Bermuda, Barbados and or course my own country, The Bahamas, do require visas for Sierra Leoneans. Of course, these are all small countries, but they are all wealthy countries with high incomes that typically have very stringent visa/immigration restrictions. Bermuda, for instance, has a per capita income almost three times that of the United States and far, far higher salaries across the board.
I am not sure what you mean by 'economic power', but I do not think that is a criteria people use when deciding to migrate, otherwise big, poor countries like China and Brazil would have more immigration problems than small, wealthier ones. Of course, the reverse is true.
Also, Malaysia does not require visa from Sierra Leoneans. While Malaysia is much poorer than the small countries listed above it nonetheless is a net migration magnet. So I maintain that having two passports is always a good thing for international travel.
Sorry, i meant to say economy power.
Well, I do understand your points, they are intelligible and they are facts. But there is need to understand that even if Sierra-Leonean passport does not officially require a visa to enter a country like Singapore, yet, there are requirements to satisfy at the port of entry.
It would be naive for just any Sierra-Leonean passport holder to venture a casual trip to Singapore if he doesn't have reasonable amount of money, a reasonable job and a reasonable obligation or tie to return home for.
Visa-free regulation with African passport is not at all the same regulation with European passport.
Logically, the process of applying for a visa is considerably easier than the risk of travelling visa free to a country where you would be subjected to give satisfying answers to all sort of different questions. Understand that black Africans generally pose significant risks to foreign immigration therefore, are subjected to stringent scrutiny at border control: even airliners are not willing to accept an African who does not hold a visa.
It would make more sense to refer you to my recent article regarding the logics behind the so called visa free destinations.
By the way, have you checked to see if there are direct flights to these countries to which Sierra-Leoneans do not need a visa?
These arguments put in place, I insist that Nigeria, Sierra-Leone and all together with other ECOWAS countries are in the same category in respect of international travel.
You might want to refer to this link for more details:
https://www.nairaland.com/1815419/dont-fooled-no-visa-free
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by momoyama: 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Vicjustice:
Sorry, i meant to say economy power.
Well, I do understand your points, they are intelligible and they are facts. But there is need to understand that even if Sierra-Leonean passport does not officially require a visa to enter a country like Singapore, yet, there are requirements to satisfy at the port of entry.
It would be naive for just any Sierra-Leonean passport holder to venture a casual trip to Singapore if he doesn't have reasonable amount of money, a reasonable job and a reasonable obligation or tie to return home for.
Logically, the process of applying for a visa is considerably easier than the risk of travelling vusa free to a country where where you would be subjected to give satisfying answers to all sort of different questions.Understand that black Africans generally pose significant risks to foreign immigration therefore, are subjected to stringent scrutiny at border control: even airliners are not willing to accept an African who do not hold a visa.
It would make more sense to refer you to my recent article regarding the logics behind the so called visa free destination.
By the way, have you you checked to see if there ate direct flights to these countries to which Sierra-Leoneans do not need a visa?
These arguments put in place, I insist that Nigeria, Sierra-Leone all together with other ECOWAS countries are in the same category in respect of international travel.
You might want to refer to this link for more details:
https://www.nairaland.com/1815419/dont-fooled-no-visa-free

I have read your previous thread from the link provided and I see your point. While a Sierra Leonean may technically travel visa free to these countries, there is not direct flights, as my friend's experience shows. Moreover, it is true that he only got in here after demonstrating (somehow) that he had a significant amount of money. He then enrolled in a school. That was 2012 and he is still here. I think it sounds appalling (based on what he says) just how difficult it is for Africans to travel abroad. He says the British, German, US and even Russian embassies had repeatedly denied him tourist visas. I simply cannot understand why so many countries have a discriminatory policy toward tourist entrants.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
momoyama:
I have read your previous thread from the link provided and I see your point. While a Sierra Leonean may technically travel visa free to these countries, there is not direct flights, as my friend's experience shows. Moreover, it is true that he only got in here after demonstrating (somehow) that he had a significant amount of money. He then enrolled in a school. That was 2012 and he is still here. I think it sounds appalling (based on what he says) just how difficult it is for Africans to travel abroad. He says the British, German, US and even Russian embassies had repeatedly denied him tourist visas. I simply cannot understand why so many countries have a discriminatory policy toward tourist entrants.
You are probably having these perspectives because, (though you may be black) you are neither an African citizen nor have you lived in an African nation: otherwise, you would beg to differ and judge that the treatments that Africans receive from foreign immigration authorities are arguably deserved: not by the fault of the individual, but due to the irresponsibility of his government to make his country a comfortable place.
You were able to boast of being a citizen of a (small but great) country with good standard of living, but most Africans can't boast of same

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by charzyh2: 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Vicjustice:
I beg to differ in regard to "cheap" Poland, Poland is not that cheap, the only cheap things in it are House Rentage and a few other bills or taxes: but essential things like food and clothing are considerably more expensive (than in western Europe), or at least, quite expensive in proportion to the level of wages in the country.

I want to visit Chicago on the 20th of December for tourism. So I am going to be booking for a hotel in Chicago. I will graduate with ND in September. So, I'll be having my one year IT starting in January. Please, can my IT stand as a strong tie in this situation?
Thank you sir.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2014
@ momoyama

Hello!
Please any update yet on my request? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

My Monthly Savings In Canada / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.