Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160649 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 10:23am On Feb 25, 2013
@Vicjustice
Please i want to renew my 6month family visa, and i would like to include apply for my wife and my kid 6yrs old.but my sister that gave me the invitiation for my 6month visa travel to canada for a short course so she is unable to provide those document againg since she not in uk. can i do hotel reservation and state the reason why i do reservation ( that i do reservation cos for privacy purpose and not to inconvinece them) that i will visit my sister during my stay and also take my family arround some place that i vist during my last visit like , london bridge, woolisharsenal,pechcham ASDA MALL, etc hope the ECO might not think why do i have to stay in hotel when u have sister in uk? i intend to summitte my application next week and planning to go to uk during Mid-term /ESTER APRIL HOLIDAY) cos my wife will be free and my son during the perion.

please advise me and also tell me what to write as reason for using hotel but not staying with my sister?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
tayoTFC: @Vicjustice
Please i want to renew my 6month family visa, and i would like to include apply for my wife and my kid 6yrs old.but my sister that gave me the invitiation for my 6month visa travel to canada for a short course so she is unable to provide those document againg since she not in uk. can i do hotel reservation and state the reason why i do reservation ( that i do reservation cos for privacy purpose and not to inconvinece them) that i will visit my sister during my stay and also take my family arround some place that i vist during my last visit like , london bridge, woolisharsenal,pechcham ASDA MALL, etc hope the ECO might not think why do i have to stay in hotel when u have sister in uk? i intend to summitte my application next week and planning to go to uk during Mid-term /ESTER APRIL HOLIDAY) cos my wife will be free and my son during the perion.

please advise me and also tell me what to write as reason for using hotel but not staying with my sister?
It is not a requirement and you are not obliged to be accommodated by your sister even if you are on a family visit: it is very safe to book and lodge in a hotel even if you are visiting your own parents.
But man, you got to be careful now, you could get banned if the visa officer observes that "your sister" who you claim to be visiting is not physically present in the UK: It is safer for you to apply for Tourist/Visit visa rather than to apply for a Family Visit visa.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
I
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
instinct30: I reconnected with a friend who stays in the US on facebook six months ago, and he wants to send me an invitation letter for a visit. However, my colleague said the possibility of my being granted visa is very slim because I have never traveled out of Nigeria , irrespective of the fact that every other thing is intact ( account balance, letter from work etc). Could my colleague be right? because I feel kind of discouraged to apply.
No, your friend is incorrect, any first-timer who meets the requirements for visa may never be denied as well as any frequent traveler who falls short of the requirements may be refused: first-time or frequent traveler, this is only considered as a means to assess a visa applicant's credibility.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
thanks @vic
since the expired 6mth visa is family visa can i apply for 2yrs tourist visa or it must be same 6mth tourist visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
tayoTFC: thanks @vic
since the expired 6mth visa is family visa can i apply for 2yrs tourist visa or it must be same 6mth tourist visa
It won't be deemed appropriate for you to apply for a 2 years visa at this stage, long term visas are issued on the basis of necessity, for regular travellers who are constantly in need of visa renewal.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 5:12am On Feb 26, 2013
So I should apply for 6month tourist visa despite that I av been issue family visa b4?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Aduke02(f): 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
Vicjustice:
If the 50% fund that accumulated from your salary savings is good enough to satisfy the visa officer, then there should be no worries about the Lump Lodgements. But if you are hoping to use lump lodgements as proof of your financial standings, i'm afraid it is not looking good at all.

In my own case, i moved out the money in my savings account into a fixed deposit account. Can i add my fixed deposit certificates to my account statements when applying for the visa?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
Aduke02:

In my own case, i moved out the money in my savings account into a fixed deposit account. Can i add my fixed deposit certificates to my account statements when applying for the visa?
You may add it if you think that the fund in it is impressive enough to represent a home tie, but if you are thinking of using a fix deposit statement as a proof of financial support, i'm afraid the Visa Officer will judge that the money is not available for your use.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by ighojohn: 12:03am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello house,

i need your advice and assistance, firstly, have an account with eco back that i use always and close to 2m have run through it and the balance there is 400k but the issue is that the name on that account is different from the one on my passport, and recent i set up an account with gtb with balance of 60k but i intend to transfer the 400k to this new account and the new account carry the name on my passport, what should i do ? can i make use of the old acc or the new one. but the thing is that i have a sponsor that will take care of every thing do i still need my statement of account ?

secondly how do i get a fax number cause my sponsor want to fax his documents to me but i dont have a fax machine or number.

i need your advice on this please.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:29am On Feb 28, 2013
ighojohn: Hello house,

i need your advice and assistance, firstly, have an account with eco back that i use always and close to 2m have run through it and the balance there is 400k but the issue is that the name on that account is different from the one on my passport, and recent i set up an account with gtb with balance of 60k but i intend to transfer the 400k to this new account and the new account carry the name on my passport, what should i do ? can i make use of the old acc or the new one. but the thing is that i have a sponsor that will take care of every thing do i still need my statement of account ?

secondly how do i get a fax number cause my sponsor want to fax his documents to me but i dont have a fax machine or number.

i need your advice on this please.
What category of visa are you applying for?
By the way, you neither need a fax machine or number, tell him to send it to you as email attachment: you can print that out in internet centre

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 10:16am On Feb 28, 2013
@vic
U mean I should apply for 6month tourist visa despite the fact that I av been issue family visa six month b4?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jt2010: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2013
tayoTFC: @vic
U mean I should apply for 6month tourist visa despite the fact that I av been issue family visa six month b4?

Sir T,

You need to apply for 2 years now and not six months again. First process your own application before u submit your wife and children application. Ni from PH
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2013
jt2010:

Sir T,

You need to apply for 2 years now and not six months again. First process your own application before u submit your wife and children application. Ni from PH
2 years visa is issued on necessity and not on sequences. So, unless if it is deemed necessary, it won't be appropriate for him to apply for a 2 years visa at this stage, long term visas are issued on the basis of necessity, for regular travellers who are constantly in need of visa renewal
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jt2010: 11:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
2 years visa is issued on necessity and not on sequences. So, unless if it is deemed necessary, it won't be appropriate for him to apply for a 2 years visa at this stage, long term visas are issued on the basis of necessity, for regular travellers who are constantly in need of visa renewal

Vic, I know the OP personally and apart from that, we both are issued our first time UK visa at the same time last year, while i have gone ahead to renew my to 2 years this January 2013, so me advising him is base on my personal knowledge of him which is similar to myself, that is why i said he should go for 2 years instead of renewing for another six month.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
jt2010:

Vic, I know the OP personally and apart from that, we both are issued our first time UK visa at the same time last year, while i have gone ahead to renew my to 2 years this January 2013, so advice is base on my personal knowledge of him which is similar to myself, that is why i said he should go for 2 years instead of renewing for another six month.
I see.
If the need for the 2 years visa is deemed necessary, then he could be given the 2 years visa. But if he is applying for the 2 years visa just because he has been issued a 6 months visa before, he may be disappointed.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
@jt and vic
ok did ur first 6month visa is family visa or tourist visa? my question is since am i want to go to uk now with out invitiation from family member can i apply for 2yrs family visa or 2yrs tourist visa pls advise?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
tayoTFC: @jt and vic
ok did ur first 6month visa is family visa or tourist visa? my question is since am i want to go to uk now with out invitiation from family member can i apply for 2yrs family visa or 2yrs tourist visa pls advise?
How many times do you have to post this particular question and how many times does it have to be answered?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jt2010: 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
tayoTFC: @jt and vic

Sir T, Apply for 2yrs tourist visa and state that you have family in UK and also provide there details as done in your first application.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
@jt
Thanks I will do that but I might apply 2yr for myself and later apply for my family.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by jt2010: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2013
V
tayoTFC: @jt
Thanks I will do that but I might apply 2yr for myself and later apply for my family.

sir t... Hala me up.... Na wale brother be dis for ph
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tayoTFC(m): 7:52am On Mar 01, 2013
Jt. Why u just dey shock in. Since bros have been transfer parmanent to sapele. Ok I will call u today.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by ighojohn: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
Vicjustice:
What category of visa are you applying for?
By the way, you neither need a fax machine or number, tell him to send it to you as email attachment: you can print that out in internet centre

am applying for the business and tourist visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Petraman(m): 12:33am On Mar 02, 2013
Great work
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by adewasco2k(m): 12:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Nice one bro.....but all this to just visit a country? shocked wow....that wouldn't stop me from visiting Parish though grin

Thanks for the info again
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Pimples(m): 12:37am On Mar 02, 2013
Vicjustice:
She needs to present her main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and her documented papers to support her documents amongst other documents in documentory documentation
FUNNIEST comment on this thread

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Vicjustice:
She needs to present her main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and her documented papers to support her documents amongst other documents in documentory documentation
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by free2ryhme: 12:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Vicjustice: Its boring to hear people asking "what documents" that are required for this or for that visa, and i see that no matter how many individuals that are answered, there will continue to be many others who will ask the same question over again. It doesn't make much of a sense to ask this same question or to keep on answering it to everyone who asked it, so, i've decided to create this narrative list to answer the question conclusively.
Here are the documents that are required of visa applicants of every category. This article is subject to modification and updates:

* Invitation letter or accommodation details from the country you intend to visit;
*(If on invitation by ad individual,) a copy of the bio-data page of the passport of the person inviting you.
* Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration;
* (If you are an alien resident in the country that you are applying from,) evidence of permission to remain in the country: ie, a residence permit or an appropriate long-term visa;
* Passport sized colour photographs, not more than 6 months old;
* (If employed,) a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
* (If self-employed,) evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
* (If a student,) a letter from your school stating what course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to travel abroad;
Note: if you are not working you should include financial documents of the person who is supporting you; if someone else is paying for your trip, You would be expected to explain why you are being sponsored and to demonstrate how your sponsor will benefit from your trip.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable)
Note: the property is expected to represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property may not be an isolated land or building that are not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management;
* Details of any firm travel plans you have made ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. Itinerary does not mean flight ticket, it means travel plans which are, the preparations that you have put in place: such could be site seeing or tour guide arrangements;
* Bank statements showing up to six months transaction details, must show sources of income:
Warning! Avoid Money Lodgement, you will be refused without question.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
* (If applicable and/or if the purpose of the trip has got something to do with family,) Evidence of family relationship and marital status ie Birth Certificate and/or Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse)
*(If applying to join a spouse,) Evidence of relationship and communications or correspondences with your spouse: ie telephone details; emails; posts or/and photos of both of you together.
* (If applying to join a spouse or family,) Birth certificate or Age Declaration document
* It is very important to be able to show Ties or Obligations to return to.
Note: Although, family or social ties and responsibilities are recommended, but logically, family ties aren't considered as strong as other ties because, there are vast cases of seekers involving in immigration fights to bring their family to join them, but yet, the magnitude of the family may be considered
* (If an ex-convict) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
* The appropriate fee and 1 million dollars for Vicjustice
Note: You must provide original documents. Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states. Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopy state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due ty.

Your questions or contributions or concerns are welcome here

does this visa requirement necessary for countries like somalia, afghanistan, burundi, etc
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tiwasiaife(m): 12:42am On Mar 02, 2013
Pls i am planin goin to russia to russia 4 my m.sc in geology. Hw much wil it cost me pls anybdy with an idea shld hlp tnx.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by sko(m): 1:02am On Mar 02, 2013
yeye de smell lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.