Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160581 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2016
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by hardeybaba: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Good day Loretta,

I am kinda new here but i have a question which i would be glad if you can enlighten me on...I have gone through the thread for the details for basic document but this is not addressed..Ok....I have a US citizen has my fiance (American citizen-white) and we are planning on getting wedded soon...she is working......Though she has not visited Nigeria before, i am going over to join her and live happily thereafter....I was denied a B1/B2 visa few months back where i apply to attend a frends wedding due to non strong ties..I am also working as a a call centre agent and my pay is 5 digit.....But has it is now...what document do i really need as she will be responsible for the funding and i will be staying in her apartment...so, how do i go about it or what document does she needs to send since we are yet to get married........

Will be glad to read from you ASap
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2016
hardeybaba:
Good day Loretta,

I am kinda new here but i have a question which i would be glad if you can enlighten me on...I have gone through the thread for the details for basic document but this is not addressed..Ok....I have a US citizen has my fiance (American citizen-white) and we are planning on getting wedded soon...she is working......Though she has not visited Nigeria before, i am going over to join her and live happily thereafter....I was denied a B1/B2 visa few months back where i apply to attend a frends wedding due to non strong ties..I am also working as a a call centre agent and my pay is 5 digit.....But has it is now...what document do i really need as she will be responsible for the funding and i will be staying in her apartment...so, how do i go about it or what document does she needs to send since we are yet to get married........

Will be glad to read from you ASap
First of all, i'm not "Loretta".
Well, before we talk abut "documents", i'd like to know some basic facts. Have ypu met this fiancee before?
Your answer will give us a good start.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by laritajones: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2016
please am sure we have well experienced people here.... please I am applying for USA tourist visa with my husband, we 're married with 2 kids, but my kids are not going with us.. just me and husby alone. we have our marriage cert, our children birth cert and other documents. but my question is that.. I and my children bear my husband middle name as our surname and not his own surname... Plz will the name affect us at the embassy? NOTE: my husband middle name is on his passport ooo
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by hardeybaba: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2016
Hello,
Thank you for your prompt response....kindly note that we are yet to meet physically but we contantly communicate through phone calls...whatsapp...facebook messenger and other social network platform. I hope you can guide now...Looking forward to read from you soon
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by TatPat: 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
ABEG SOMEBODY HELP ME NAH!!!
Please everyone, I need your help, I wrote the IELTS test last year and my wife and I later decided not to relocate to the uk, now I want to apply for a standard visit visa and I do not know if I should mention it in my application that I wrote the spouse settlement English test IELTS last year but my wife decided not to relocate back to the uk, because she got a better job offer here as an expertrate, therefore I didn't have any need for the IELTS test result, or should I just skip this part on my application ? I don't want them thinking I'm running because I'm clearly not.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
laritajones:
please am sure we have well experienced people here.... please I am applying for USA tourist visa with my husband, we 're married with 2 kids, but my kids are not going with us.. just me and husby alone. we have our marriage cert, our children birth cert and other documents. but my question is that.. I and my children bear my husband middle name as our surname and not his own surname... Plz will the name affect us at the embassy? NOTE: my husband middle name is on his passport ooo
It is not a requirement that a woman must bear her husband's surname, the visa officer will primarily be concerned in the names on your Marriage Certificate
The surname on your kids document will not affect you mainly because the kids are not traveling with you, and if they would be travelling with you, then you may need additional documents to prove that they are indeed your children.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
hardeybaba:
Hello,
Thank you for your prompt response....kindly note that we are yet to meet physically but we contantly communicate through phone calls...whatsapp...facebook messenger and other social network platform. I hope you can guide now...Looking forward to read from you soon
I will be honest to tell you that unless you are well deserving a tourist visa on your own, there is no way that your "fiancee" can influence your visa application.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
hardeybaba:
Hello,
I will be honest to tell you that unless you wery well deserve a tourist visa on your own, there is no way that your "fiancee" can influence your visa application.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by cameroncucumber(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
Goshen360:

That's NOT true. Not in all visas categories. The person telling you that 'might' be referring to a 'particular' type of visa. If the above is true, you will need to ask what type of visa they're referring to. An ordinary invitation letter ONLY need notary public from any public notary in US of A and has nothing to do with going through the Department of States. I also understand that visas for 'performing artist', 'fiance/fiancee' goes through Department of States. In all, you'll need to identify what visa category but ALL invitation letter doesn't go through the department of States; that, I can assure you.
Bros pls enlighten me...An online friend want to send me an i.v letter to visit her in the state, what should be the content of the letter and will it be requestd by the vo during interview?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Adesola415: 1:33am On Jun 17, 2017
Good evening everyone. A friend applied for the f1 students visa but he was denied on the 6th of this month, June. according to him, he was anxious and as a result couldn't answer the questions well even though he knew them.
He was asked that "why did you choose the school". how said the fee is affordable for his sponsor, they have good infrastructures, and the climate is like that of Nigeria, which will help him to adapt easily.
He said where he got it wrong is that he didn't know anything about the city, and they asked that. and that he was too nervous.
what advice do you have for him?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Alibzkenny: 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good afternoon, please I will like to verify an answer . I started applying to a school in Australia and along the line my counsellor asked if had been denied visa and I told her YES that have been denied USA AND CANADA visa then she asked why THATS MY CHALLENEGE I CANT REMEMBER WHY AM NOT SURE IF ITS BECAUSE WE COULDNT ASCERTAIN WHERE WE WERE GOING TO STAY OR NOT and my mum Was The one that collected the letter but even she can't remember why. I REALLY CANT REMEMBER IS BEEN OVER 4YEARS then my ckunsellor said they will ask for the refusal letter in the school am applying to as well as the embassy. My question is HOW CAN I GET THE REFUSAL LETTER.or is there anything that can be done about it.Your uttmost response will be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by MedellinCartel(m): 12:47am On Sep 21, 2017
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:00am On Sep 25, 2017
Alibzkenny:
Good afternoon, please I will like to verify an answer . I started applying to a school in Australia and along the line my counsellor asked if had been denied visa and I told her YES that have been denied USA AND CANADA visa then she asked why THATS MY CHALLENEGE I CANT REMEMBER WHY AM NOT SURE IF ITS BECAUSE WE COULDNT ASCERTAIN WHERE WE WERE GOING TO STAY OR NOT and my mum Was The one that collected the letter but even she can't remember why. I REALLY CANT REMEMBER IS BEEN OVER 4YEARS then my ckunsellor said they will ask for the refusal letter in the school am applying to as well as the embassy. My question is HOW CAN I GET THE REFUSAL LETTER.or is there anything that can be done about it.Your uttmost response will be appreciated.
Thank you
Simply answer by saying that the visa officer stated that h/he wasn't satisfied that you fulfilled all requirements, and that the explanation was rather vague to your understanding.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:09am On Sep 25, 2017
Adesola415:
Good evening everyone. A friend applied for the f1 students visa but he was denied on the 6th of this month, June. according to him, he was anxious and as a result couldn't answer the questions well even though he knew them.
He was asked that "why did you choose the school". how said the fee is affordable for his sponsor, they have good infrastructures, and the climate is like that of Nigeria, which will help him to adapt easily.
He said where he got it wrong is that he didn't know anything about the city, and they asked that. and that he was too nervous.
what advice do you have for him?
Oh, you're such a nice guy asking all these questions for your "friend"
But how about you tell your "friend" about this forum so he can ask these questions himself

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by NanaOne1: 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have completed an only university program in USA and I am about to apply for a USA visa to attend my graduation. I would like to go with my dad. I have traveled many times to the UK and currently have a valid 2years schengen visa which wouldn't have expired when I apply for the visa. I earn 500k plus. My dad has also traveled to UK and Itali before but was denied USA visa in 2002. I would sponsor myself and he will also sponsor himself. Kindly let us know if we stand a high chance of being granted the visa. We have no business to remain in the USA because we have very good jobs and also have many properties like land, cars, house.
Thank you
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hi thanks for this post but my case is unique would love to discuss it privately if u have a mail I can send u my infos, den talking abt properties can it b documents of my father's properties?thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:21am On Oct 19, 2017
NanaOne1:
Hello Everyone,

I have completed an only university program in USA and I am about to apply for a USA visa to attend my graduation. I would like to go with my dad. I have traveled many times to the UK and currently have a valid 2years schengen visa which wouldn't have expired when I apply for the visa. I earn 500k plus. My dad has also traveled to UK and Itali before but was denied USA visa in 2002. I would sponsor myself and he will also sponsor himself. Kindly let us know if we stand a high chance of being granted the visa. We have no business to remain in the USA because we have very good jobs and also have many properties like land, cars, house.
Thank you
Well, based on your travel history and your financial condition, I would say that you have a good chance if things are done well.
But I hope that tthe reasons for your dad's American visa refusal back then didn't include misrepresentation in the perspective of the visa officer: it it does, that may mean he's excluded from the USA for life.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kessel: 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hello gurus here
@vicjustice and @justwise
I had a little arguement wothmy boss about SOA today and i need your input
The company's acc has over 300m transaction withim the last 6month but less than 2m as of when the SOA was printed today and boss says the statement is credible enough even with less than 2m as closing bal but i find it difficult to agree with him since the closing bal didnt show enough cash to sponsor me for my trip.
I will like to know if i can go to the embassy with this SOA

NOTE not that the company is broke but all cash has been used to restock.. Help a brother out please, my interview is just few days away. Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2017
kessel:
Hello gurus here
@vicjustice and @justwise
I had a little arguement wothmy boss about SOA today and i need your input
The company's acc has over 300m transaction withim the last 6month but less than 2m as of when the SOA was printed today and boss says the statement is credible enough even with less than 2m as closing bal but i find it difficult to agree with him since the closing bal didnt show enough cash to sponsor me for my trip.
I will like to know if i can go to the embassy with this SOA

NOTE not that the company is broke but all cash has been used to restock.. Help a brother out please, my interview is just few days away. Thanks
Even if the statement of account shows its transaction history, or even if the N300m is still available, how is the company's account and the money in it suitable to be used for sponsoring your trip?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kessel: 11:13am On Oct 27, 2017
Vicjustice:

Even if the statement of account shows its transaction history, or even if the N300m is still available, how is the company's account and the money in it suitable to be used for sponsoring your trip?

sorry,this your question is not understood,please can you rephrase
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2017
kessel:

sorry,this your question is not understood,please can you rephrase
Go through my article in the link below and see what i'm talking about:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kessel: 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
thanks,i understand the ground on which company account statement will be accepted and am on the right track with that,however,my concern now is that as at when it was printed, there wasnt enough funds because we just restocked, just wanted to be sure my application wont be rejected because of the not enough fun present in the account.
Vicjustice:

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kessel: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2017
i have obtained a letter of sponsorship.will even be traveling with him and he is a frequent flyer too
Vicjustice:

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Vicjustice is No objection certificate NOC (which i think is the same as letter from school) compulsory for a student traveling on holiday? And if yes when you present the letter to them as proof of ties to home country during the interview will they run check on it by taking it along with the primary documents? Am not a student but i want to use NOC as a ties to home country although as a tourist NOC is not among the required documents....
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:27am On Oct 31, 2017
Justice96:
Vicjustice is No objection certificate NOC (which i think is the same as letter from school) compulsory for a student traveling on holiday? And if yes when you present the letter to them as proof of ties to home country during the interview will they run check on it by taking it along with the primary documents? Am not a student but i want to use NOC as a ties to home country although as a tourist NOC is not among the required documents....
If you are travelling abroad as a student, especially during school activity period, you would be expected to provide such letter as a prove that your travel is ok with the school and your study schedule: but whether the embassy "run check" on the document or not depends on the discretion of the visa officer. But i can inform you that it takes no time for them to telephone the school for verification, and if you are caught, you would be banned for life. Is it worth it?

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by nobody09: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
please i need your help. my ds 160 forms states that my husband will be travelling with me. but we just found out that he will be very buzy during my travel period and not be able to come with me. please what kind of mail should i send to the us embassy informing them of the change. so that it wont be a problem during my interview which is in few days.. thank you
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2017
nobody09:
please i need your help. my ds 160 forms states that my husband will be travelling with me. but we just found out that he will be very buzy during my travel period and not be able to come with me. please what kind of mail should i send to the us embassy informing them of the change. so that it wont be a problem during my interview which is in few days.. thank you
I'm not sure whether there is any special kind of mail that you should send to the US embassy informing them of the change.
But, instead of jeopardising your application and risking refusal record against your name, why not withdraw the application?
In my opinion, i think this last moment change of circumstance may have negative impact on the application as it suggest poor organisation and inconsistency, i hope i'm wrong.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2017
Vicjustice:

If you are travelling abroad as a student, especially during school activity period, you would be expected to provide such letter as a prove that your travel is ok with the school and your study schedule: but whether the embassy "run check" on the document or not depends on the discretion of the visa officer. But i can inform you that it takes no time for them to telephone the school for verification, and if you are caught, you would be banned for life. Is it worth it?

Thanks so much for the heads up
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Vicjustice:

Thanks.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by AlphaStyles(m): 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2018
I have been looking for this thread thank GOD i found it thanks op cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

My Monthly Savings In Canada / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.