Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160662 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Bright4(m): 5:32am On Mar 03, 2013
hey!pls help me o,jst got my printout qatar visa,but am thnkin on hw to verify it,n dont knw where to take it to 4verificatn b4 d comencemnt of ticket bukin...meanwhle i dont knw their embassy.pls i nid urgent attention.thax.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by repair9ja: 7:44am On Mar 03, 2013
justwise:

You work in the UK and saves your money in Nigeria or what?

No,the funds was a gift from my dad during my first time travel to the UK in case of emmgency need of cash,
So my manager told me to fixed and ever since then I had the money in fixed deposit account.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by stevewale(m): 8:32am On Mar 03, 2013
@OP or anyone who can help; I once applied for UK student visas in 2007 with a different name and my finger prints were taken then. I was refused based on financial ground but didn't appeal nor re-apply since then. I've gotten a job and no interest in it anymore... My fiance is a citizen of US and we will be getting married dis December. My questions now is that if my fiance file for me after marriage with my real names and my new passport with my real names, is it gonna appear on US embassy that I've applied in UK before? And how long does it takes for spouse to get visa in US embassy? Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 8:57am On Mar 03, 2013
repair9ja:

No,the funds was a gift from my dad during my first time travel to the UK in case of emmgency need of cash,
So my manager told me to fixed and ever since then I had the money in fixed deposit account.

Let me get this right....you are in the UK now and you want to apply for your spouse visa? Are you in the UK working, studying or visiting? Where is your wife/husband?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:19am On Mar 03, 2013
otunbaneyo09: Thanks bro like how much balance I must have there? And what are the documents for canada tourist visa?
The documents for Canada are main documents plus supporting documents, with other documented documents and your documented papers to support your documents amongst other documents in documentory documentation

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Bright4(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bright...:
hey!pls help me o,jst got my printout qatar visa,but am thnkin on hw to verify it,n dont knw where to take it to 4verificatn b4 d comencemnt of ticket bukin...meanwhle i dont knw their embassy.pls i nid urgent attention.thax.
seh no one to help me out ni or what?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by repair9ja: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
justwise:

Let me get this right....you are in the UK now and you want to apply for your spouse visa? Are you in the UK working, studying or visiting? Where is your wife/husband?

I am a student in the UK with 20 working hours,but basically,we wanted to support our spouse visa application with cash saving which I have in my fixed deposit account in Nigeria so I just wanted to confront if UKBA do accept fixed deposite account of only savings account.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
repair9ja:

I am a student in the UK with 20 working hours,but basically,we wanted to support our spouse visa application with cash saving which I have in my fixed deposit account in Nigeria so I just wanted to confront if UKBA do accept fixed deposite account of only savings account.

Money needed to meet UKBA financial requirement is 18000 pounds, one of the spouses should be able to show that that money is earned in a year through salary or other legitimate sources of income.

You can't use money given to you by parents or family members for spouse visa application
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Is your wife working here in the UK? Did you get married here?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by repair9ja: 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
justwise: Is your wife working here in the UK? Did you get married here?

We are both married and working but our earning is not up to that amount,I read on UkBA website that you can also use cash savings to support your application.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
repair9ja:

We are both married and working but our earning is not up to that amount,I read on UkBA website that you can also use cash savings to support your application.

Yes you can use cash savings to support your application but you must show paper evidence where the money come from, if the money in your bank account is bigger than your annual salary earning then you have to explain where the rest of the money came from.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by repair9ja: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
justwise:

Yes you can use cash savings to support your application but you must show paper evidence where the money come from, if the money in your bank account is bigger than your annual salary earning then you have to explain where the rest of the money came from.

The money is in my fixed deposit account and as I have told you before,it is a gift from my dad during my first travel to the UK in case of emegency need of cash. All I just want to confirm is that,do the UKBA accept fixed deposite account as this account only comes with investment certificate and no bank statement.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Joeself1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pls OP,how can I get Maltese Visa n how much will it cost me
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
stevewale: @OP or anyone who can help; I once applied for UK student visas in 2007 with a different name and my finger prints were taken then. I was refused based on financial ground but didn't appeal nor re-apply since then. I've gotten a job and no interest in it anymore... My fiance is a citizen of US and we will be getting married dis December. My questions now is that if my fiance file for me after marriage with my real names and my new passport with my real names, is it gonna appear on US embassy that I've applied in UK before? And how long does it takes for spouse to get visa in US embassy? Thinks
The US embassy operates independently from the UK embassy and therefore does not share same database. However, it is very possible for either embassy to get immigration information from the other: so, it won't be a joke matter in the event that you're found out.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 04, 2013
VICJUSTICE PLEASE HELP: i want to travel to Indian for a one month training in instrumentation,i have been to the embassy 3 weeks ago for visa application but i was told that visa applications are always done on Monday's and that i should fill an online form as well. pls i need somebody to explain how to go about the on line form. other supporting documents are: invitation letter, account statement, yellow fever cert.,application letter,employment letter,c.v
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
fluxview: VICJUSTICE PLEASE HELP: i want to travel to Indian for a one month training in instrumentation,i have been to the embassy 3 weeks ago for visa application but i was told that visa applications are always done on Monday's and that i should fill an online form as well. pls i need somebody to explain how to go about the on line form. other supporting documents are: invitation letter, account statement, yellow fever cert.,application letter,employment letter,c.v
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but i don't know anything about Indian visa, so, I'm not in position to advice in this regard
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by sennykenny(f): 3:02am On Mar 05, 2013
You ve not replied me sir @justvisa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:08am On Mar 05, 2013
sennykenny: You ve not replied me sir @justvisa
Next time, kindly quote the post in question, it might have been difficult to know what post you are talking about.
Anyway, it was replied to: check page 4 and see my post at 4:59pm On March 02
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by stevewale(m): 12:23am On Mar 06, 2013
@Vicjustice, thanks for ur prompt on response to my question above... I still need ur answers for the second part of my question that how long does US visa application takes after marriage and is it possible that someone could be refused? My fiance is a citizen there and we would be doing both court and traditional wedding this December... Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Dextra(f): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
In applying for Canadian temporary resident Visa, I found this:
Proof of employment - letter from your current employer and payslips (last 3 months). [size=13pt]Employment letter dated within 2 months of the application indicating occupation, job description, position, salary, allowances, years of employment an d authorized leave dates.[/size]
I want to clarify if I need to ask my employer for a new employment letter or I have to use the letter I was issued before I started job one year ago.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Dextra(f): 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
Secondly, In the fee payment section for Canadian temporary resident visa application, I found "Single entry" and "Multiply entry". What are the differences between these two? Which one would you advice me to pay for? I am going for an exam and will probably go back after the result is released for further stuffs or so.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:31am On Mar 08, 2013
Dextra: In applying for Canadian temporary resident Visa, I found this:
Proof of employment - letter from your current employer and payslips (last 3 months). [size=13pt]Employment letter dated within 2 months of the application indicating occupation, job description, position, salary, allowances, years of employment an d authorized leave dates.[/size]
I want to clarify if I need to ask my employer for a new employment letter or I have to use the letter I was issued before I started job one year ago.
If your employment letter is one of contract with tenure duration, then it can be used as of now for the visa application, but if it is just a letter of employment approval, then you might need to provide an up to date declaration letter:
Even with a contract letter, you might still be required to provide a verification letter.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:42am On Mar 08, 2013
Dextra: Secondly, In the fee payment section for Canadian temporary resident visa application, I found "Single entry" and "Multiply entry". What are the differences between these two? Which one would you advice me to pay for? I am going for an exam and will probably go back after the result is released for further stuffs or so.
If you have no good reasons to return to Canada, then you can apply for single entry otherwise, you may apply for multi entry
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by repair9ja: 1:42am On Mar 08, 2013
repair9ja:

The money is in my fixed deposit account and as I have told you before,it is a gift from my dad during my first travel to the UK in case of emegency need of cash. All I just want to confirm is that,do the UKBA accept fixed deposite account as this account only comes with investment certificate and no bank statement.

@justwise you didn't reply to my question.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by justwise(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2013
repair9ja:

@justwise you didn't reply to my question.

That i'm not sure of.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by repair9ja: 2:00am On Mar 09, 2013
justwise:

That i'm not sure of.

I wanna give it a try, and I get refused on that bases then I can work on it than not doing anything
I but I think fixed deposit account should be acceptable by home office,since it's on my name.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:03am On Mar 09, 2013
repair9ja: Justwise pls help,I am base in the UK and about to apply for my spouse visa using cash savings
But my cash savings is in my fixed deposit account in Nigeria,so I need to confirm if this is accepted by home office?
How do you think it is ok to apply for a visa using a fixed deposit bank statement of which fund is not available for your use?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by donez(m): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2013
donez: Sir, i jst graduated and i read medical lab science...I want to go to trinidad and tobago, wil it be easy 4 me to get their visa?..Wil it be easy 4 me to get work fast and is their currency something to write home abt?
Vicjustice pls u have nt replied me
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:27am On Mar 09, 2013
donez: Sir, i jst graduated and i read medical lab science...I want to go to trinidad and tobago, wil it be easy 4 me to get their visa?..Wil it be easy 4 me to get work fast and is their currency something to write home abt? Vicjustice pls u have nt replied me
I don't know your documentation package, so I can't tell your chance of visa success: and unfortunately, I've never been to Trinidad and Tobago, so I can't advise on situations over there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.