Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160575 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Abiolabalogun(m): 5:32am On May 24, 2013
Actually I wanted 2 use dis passport for travelling 2 dubai to work bt my uncle who want to assist me told me I shuld put btween 26years to 30years on my passport because 25years is dubai working age dats why,pls shuld I nt be penalize by this act because am 24years old nw. Tanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:52am On May 24, 2013
Abiola_balogun: Actually I wanted 2 use dis passport for travelling 2 dubai to work bt my uncle who want to assist me told me I shuld put btween 26years to 30years on my passport because 25years is dubai working age dats why,pls shuld I nt be penalize by this act because am 24years old nw. Tanks
I'm not willing to encourage a crime or an offence, therefore I'll suggest that you use your God-given age which is 24. Do not do something that would change your natural entity the rest of your life, it's so much with Nigerians that they do anything to be entitled to what they are not suitable for: If your age is not suitable for this objective, why not measure your coat according to your age?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Abiolabalogun(m): 11:40am On May 24, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'm not willing to encourage a crime or an offence, therefore I'll suggest that you use your God-given age which is 24. Do not do something that would change your natural entity the rest of your life, it's so much with Nigerians that they do anything to be entitled to what they are not suitable for: If your age is not suitable for this objective, why not measure your coat according to your age?
thanks in million bro am very greatful.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by xtasyt: 6:40am On May 26, 2013
Hi vic,great job you doing ?I want to visit d UK under one of dese 2 categories:
1.Family Visitor. Got all necessary docs from my UK sponsor.Also all supporting docs from my office.I have got payslips for 6mths with 150K after tax, even got my tax certificate,but d problem I am facing is my Bank Statement whch is wack.can I apply without it?my UK sponsor is willing to pay for my return ticket nd all oda tins during my visit.She is a close first cousin.
2.Complementary vacation from the Organization
My coy is willing to give me this for the Xmas season for 2 weeks in d UK. Since they are aware that I have got relations dere, deres no issue of Hotel reservation.wl d UK sponsor along side my company as naija sponsor (all docs available), my tax cert nd payslip sufficient for this application ?without my Bank Statement ?
Thank you for your kind response.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by aderoba: 8:43am On May 26, 2013
Good morning, I'm Florence from Jos. i have seen all the comprehensive list of the Documents required for visa. i want to apply for USA visit visa. Please how do i get the form. i will like to see you face to face so that you can put me through. Although i have been to South Africa last year september. Please i really need you to put me through for this USA visit visa. Thanks waiting to hear from you soon.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:13pm On May 26, 2013
xtasyt: Hi vic,great job you doing ?I want to visit d UK under one of dese 2 categories:
1.Family Visitor. Got all necessary docs from my UK sponsor.Also all supporting docs from my office.I have got payslips for 6mths with 150K after tax, even got my tax certificate,but d problem I am facing is my Bank Statement whch is wack.can I apply without it?my UK sponsor is willing to pay for my return ticket nd all oda tins during my visit.She is a close first cousin.
Your salary is not a problem at all, but your financial circumstance is; you can not apply for this category of visa without your bank statement: An adult who intends to travel to the UK as a visitor and is not able to fend for the trip and depends on another person for sponsorship does not meet the requirement for tourist or visit visa.

xtasyt:
2.Complementary vacation from the Organization
My coy is willing to give me this for the Xmas season for 2 weeks in d UK. Since they are aware that I have got relations dere, deres no issue of Hotel reservation.wl d UK sponsor along side my company as naija sponsor (all docs available), my tax cert nd payslip sufficient for this application ?without my Bank Statement ?
Thank you for your kind response.
Click this link to get answers from my other article:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:21pm On May 26, 2013
aderoba: Good morning, I'm Florence from Jos. i have seen all the comprehensive list of the Documents required for visa. i want to apply for USA visit visa. Please how do i get the form. i will like to see you face to face so that you can put me through. Although i have been to South Africa last year september. Please i really need you to put me through for this USA visit visa. Thanks waiting to hear from you soon.
Ha, you wish to see me "face to face", does that mean you are willing to come to Dublin to see me?
Well, i prefer you come to Ireland to since i can't risk going to Jos where Muslims and "Christians" are testing the sharpness of their machetes on each other cry
As your query on application form, Kindly click on the link below, you should be looking at the Tourism and Visit (B-2) category:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html#apply
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by tolagbemi: 11:34pm On May 26, 2013
# aderogba Good morning, I'm Florence from Jos. i have seen all the comprehensive list of the Documents required for visa. i want to apply for USA visit visa. Please how do i get the form. i will like to see you face to face so that you can put me through. Although i have been to South Africa last year september. Please i really need you to put me through for this USA visit visa. Thanks waiting to hear from you soon[color=#006600][/color]

Visit the US embassy site. It is clear easy to follow[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kapela3: 11:35am On May 29, 2013
@ Vicjsutice, please can I apply for an Irish student visa with a fixed deposit Ceriticate? I have the lump sum fixed in my account for over a year now. Do I need to attach a statement of account or should I just submit my application with the fixed deposit certificate and a cover letter showing the genuinity of the fund?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:13pm On May 29, 2013
kapela3: @ Vicjsutice, please can I apply for an Irish student visa with a fixed deposit Ceriticate? I have the lump sum fixed in my account for over a year now. Do I need to attach a statement of account or should I just submit my application with the fixed deposit certificate and a cover letter showing the genuinity of the fund?
Is the fixed deposited money available for your use?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kapela3: 8:12pm On May 31, 2013
Yes, Its available for my use.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:35pm On May 31, 2013
kapela3: Yes, Its available for my use.
I don't understand.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by walukoe: 11:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
What a nice job you ar doing Vicjustice,
Please I want your advise on countries where Nigerian doctors can easily move to. I have been trying Canada and Australia but yet to get the supporting documents. Knowledge is power they say, pls help me out?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2013
walukoe: What a nice job you ar doing Vicjustice,
Please I want your advise on countries where Nigerian doctors can easily move to. I have been trying Canada and Australia but yet to get the supporting documents. Knowledge is power they say, pls help me out?
I would have been able to suggest some countries before the recession, but now that the west is fighting the recession, no country wants to import labours so i really do not know of any country where Nigerian doctors can "easily" move to
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2013
FastTracker: For a comprehensive list of required documents to come to Canada I urge anyone interested to actually consult the CIC immigration website and or get in contact with me via profile. Always happy to help! smiley
What kind of "help" is it that you can only offer to people who contact you in secret?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by echo2(m): 1:08am On Jun 16, 2013
by @echo(m): 12:55am I received an invitation letter from a friend in
the united state. She also send the letters along
with her driving license and voters card. Please
what is the next
step am to take and what do I need. Please I'll
need your help ASAP. Read the letter bellow. Thanks May 30th, 2013
United States Consulate General
2 Walter Carrington Cressent.
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria
Dear Honorable Consul,(my name) - Passport number ?DOB 3/16/1991 (My street Lagos),
Nigeria
Phone no My name is # and I reside at ,
Abingdon Virginia
24210. I am a United States citizen.
I am requesting that you issue a tourist visa to my friend (my name), in order to allow him to
visit with me in the United States. We have
been friends for a while and I would like for him
to visit this summer for approximately three
months.
(my name) will be visiting with my family and I from June to September of 2013. This will be a
good time for him to visit as all my family will be
visiting for the summer. During his stay in the
United States, he will stay with my family and I
at my home at the adress stated above. I will
be responsible for all of his accomodation expenses while he is in the United States.
(my name) will be presenting this letter to you,
together with other evidence to establish his
ties to Nigeria.
Your kind consideration to this request will be
greatly appreciated. Yours Truly,
#....

she also notarized the letter.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 5:12am On Jun 16, 2013
@echo:
by @echo(m): 12:55am I received an invitation letter from a friend in
the united state. She also send the letters along
with her driving license and voters card. Please
what is the next
step am to take and what do I need. Please I'll
need your help ASAP. Read the letter bellow. Thanks May 30th, 2013
United States Consulate General
2 Walter Carrington Cressent.
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria
Dear Honorable Consul,(my name) - Passport number ?DOB 3/16/1991 (My street Lagos),
Nigeria
Phone no My name is # and I reside at ,
Abingdon Virginia
24210. I am a United States citizen.
I am requesting that you issue a tourist visa to my friend (my name), in order to allow him to
visit with me in the United States. We have
been friends for a while and I would like for him
to visit this summer for approximately three
months.
(my name) will be visiting with my family and I from June to September of 2013. This will be a
good time for him to visit as all my family will be
visiting for the summer. During his stay in the
United States, he will stay with my family and I
at my home at the adress stated above. I will
be responsible for all of his accomodation expenses while he is in the United States.
(my name) will be presenting this letter to you,
together with other evidence to establish his
ties to Nigeria.
Your kind consideration to this request will be
greatly appreciated. Yours Truly,
#....

she also notarized the letter.
The letter states that you'd be visiting the United States for "approximately 3 months, so be prepared to impress tge visa officer with your financial capability.
If I were you, I'd say 10 days even if I know that the standard visa is for 3 months.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by echo2(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2013
Vicjustice:
The letter states that you'd be visiting the United States for "approximately 3 months, so be prepared to impress tge visa officer with your financial capability.
If I were you, I'd say 10 days even if I know that the standard visa is for 3 months.

Someone told me that since the woman said she will
be responsible for all of my accomodation and
expenses. They said I'll not need a bank statement. Is that true and what is the next step
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
@echo:

Someone told me that since the woman said she will
be responsible for all of my accomodation and
expenses. They said I'll not need a bank statement. Is that true and what is the next step
You won't need a bank statement if you are under 16 years old
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2013
Outdated
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
nyssa111: I know this is an old thread but I just need a little help.. A friend of mine living and working in dubai wants to invite me to spend the holidays with him for like a month.. Am aware he's supposed to write an invitation letter, but who's the letter going to be addressed to? Am not currently working but I have a little saving that can make up for like 40% of the expenses and he's going to be covering the rest.. I have no idea on what first step I should take.. Btw I've gotten my international passport..what next? Its urgent please.. Thanks in advance..
The letter must be addressed to the embassy, but should be given to you to submit together with your other documents.
Read more here:
https://www.nairaland.com/757271/how-write-invitation-letters
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by emperorabebe: 10:36am On Jun 24, 2013
Vicjustice: It is boring to hear people asking "what documents" that are required for this or for that visa, and i see that no matter how many individuals that are answered, there will continue to be many others who will ask the same question over and over and over again. It doesn't make much of a sense to ask this same question or to keep on answering it to everyone who asked it, so, i have decided to create this narrative list to answer the question conclusively.
Here are the documents that are required of visa applicants of every category.
This article is subject to modification and updates:

* Invitation letter or accommodation details from the country you intend to visit;
* (If on invitation by an individual,) a copy of the bio-data page of the passport of the person inviting you.
* Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration;
* (If you are an alien resident in the country that you are applying from,) evidence of permission to remain in the country: ie, a residence permit or an appropriate long-term visa;
* Passport sized colour photographs, not more than 6 months old;
* (If employed,) a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
* (If sent or sponsored by your employer,) the evidence letter to this effect; expected to demonstrate the reasons and benefits for sponsoring you;
* (If sent or sponsored by your employer,) the company's financial statement with evidence of fund availability for your own use;
* (If self-employed,) evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
* (If self employed or if applicable to you as an employee,) your tax clearance certificate to show your tax compliance level and also your income;
* (If a student,) a letter from your school stating what course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to travel abroad;
Note: if you are not working you should include financial documents of the person who is supporting you; if someone else is paying for your trip, You would be expected to explain why you are being sponsored and to demonstrate how your sponsor will benefit from your trip.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable)
Note: the property is expected to represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property may not be an isolated land or building that are not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management;
* Details of any firm travel plans you have made, ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. Itinerary does not only mean flight ticket, it means travel plans which are, the preparations that you have put in place: such could be site seeing or tour guide arrangements, or onward flight tickets if applying for a transit or stopover visa;
* Bank statements showing up to six months transaction details, must show sources of income:
Warning! Avoid Money Lodgement, you will be refused without question.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
* (If applicable and/or if the purpose of the trip has got something to do with family,) Evidence of family relationship and marital status ie Birth Certificate and/or Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse)
* (If applying to join a spouse,) Evidence of relationship and communications or correspondences with your spouse: ie telephone details; emails; posts or/and photos of both of you together.
* (If applying to join a spouse or family,) Birth certificate or Age Declaration document
* It is very important to be able to show Ties or Obligations to return to.
Note: Although, family or social ties and responsibilities are recommended, but logically, family ties aren't considered as strong as other ties because, there are vast cases of seekers involving in immigration fights to bring their family to join them, but yet, the magnitude of the family may be considered
* (If an ex-convict) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
* The appropriate fee and 1 million dollars for Vicjustice
Note: You must provide original documents (except the identification documents of another person). Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example; a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states (except the document is an identification document belonging to another person ie your sponsor's passport etc). Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopy state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due time.

Your questions or contributions or concerns are welcome here.
Find Love Partners now at Babefishing Dating Community www.babefishing.com

Please is this the same requirements for American immigrant visa
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by bokohaman: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
@OP...I have been following this thread for a while now and I must really commend u guys for a job welldone. I have a problem and I want u guys to help me by telling me how to go about it. My elder sister obtained her american citizenship through the american visa lottery and she later filed for my parents and fortunately for them they were granted american citizenship as well. All my siblings are abroad and my parents are pensioners and aged. My mum can't leave Nigeria for now due to the processing of her gratuity and my dad needs to travel for an eye treatment. I'm the only one available to take him there since he can't travel alone due to his sight problem. My question is how do I go about it considering the fact that my parents are american citizens. I will be glad if u guys can put me through this...thanks and God bless u.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
bokohaman: @OP...I have been following this thread for a while now and I must really commend u guys for a job welldone. I have a problem and I want u guys to help me by telling me how to go about it. My elder sister obtained her american citizenship through the american visa lottery and she later filed for my parents and fortunately for them they were granted american citizenship as well. All my siblings are abroad and my parents are pensioners and aged. My mum can't leave Nigeria for now due to the processing of her gratuity and my dad needs to travel for an eye treatment. I'm the only one available to take him there since he can't travel alone due to his sight problem. My question is how do I go about it considering the fact that my parents are american citizens. I will be glad if u guys can put me through this...thanks and God bless u.
If you intend to be your aged father's guide on an intercontinental trip, then it is reasonable for me to expect that you are an adult, and therefore, your parents American citizenship do not have any benefit to influence your chance of getting an American visa of any category: you need to independently meet the conditions that fulfill the requirements amongst which are the availability of employment, ties and financial capability.
Do not expect the embassy to show you understanding or to have pity or mercy in consideration of your father's condition, they are not there to show mercy but to administer the rules and execute judgement without mercy.

Your challenge is to satisfy the Visa Officer of your intention to return to Nigeria, if you can't do that, then you would be wasting your time and money
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by bokohaman: 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
If you intend to be your aged father's guide on an intercontinental trip, then it is reasonable for me to expect that you are an adult, and therefore, your parents American citizenship do not have any benefit to influence your chance of getting an American visa of any category: you need to independently meet the conditions that fulfill the requirements amongst which are the availability of employment, ties and financial capability.
Do not expect the embassy to show you understanding or to have pity or mercy in consideration of your father's condition, they are not there to show mercy but to administer the rules and execute judgement without mercy.

Your challenge is to satisfy the Visa Officer of your intention to return to Nigeria, if you can't do that, then you would be wasting your time and money
. Thanks for the response. But it baffles me that despite the fact that I'm only being a guide to my dad I still need to independently meet all their requirements. I thought what they should be requesting for are documents to show he truly has a sight defect and his citizenship documents....
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by worry359(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
bokohaman: . Thanks for the response. But it baffles me that despite the fact that I'm only being a guide to my dad I still need to independently meet all their requirements. I thought what they should be requesting for are documents to show he truly has a sight defect and his citizenship documents....
It is very unfortunate, but, you are suffering because of all the fraudulent visa scams by Nigerians in the past.
Even your story of your fathers health problems can be an excuse by some of the scammers to gain entry.
One other thing which could affect visa grant. How will the health care for your father be funded? If you are paying then bills or quotations would back up your honesty.
If claiming medicare then is it legal, this will affect things.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by bokohaman: 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
worry 359:
It is very unfortunate, but, you are suffering because of all the fraudulent visa scams by Nigerians in the past.
Even your story of your fathers health problems can be an excuse by some of the scammers to gain entry.
One other thing which could affect visa grant. How will the health care for your father be funded? If you are paying then bills or quotations would back up your honesty.
If claiming medicare then is it legal, this will affect things.
thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by elvis4(m): 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
hi vicjustice i am new here i submited my spouse visa in ghana 3 months ago and i ev just been called and they ask for aditional documents ,does that means i have a chance? please tell me something
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by elvis4(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
justice wise plsssss help me hi vicjustice i am new here i submited my spouse visa in ghana 3 months ago and i ev just been called and they ask for aditional documents ,does that means i have a chance? please tell me something
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
elvis4: hi vicjustice i am new here i submited my spouse visa in ghana 3 months ago and i ev just been called and they ask for aditional documents ,does that means i have a chance? please tell me something
Of course you have a chance if you're genuinely married, if the marriage is sustained, if your wife and you meet the requirements, why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

My Monthly Savings In Canada / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.