Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv (961 Views)

Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? / SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. / British Man Creates His Facebook Profile Pic With Nigerian Flag: What He Wrote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by jmaine: 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2013
Which network bandwidth people wan take jollificate this package cheesy

Nokia has signed an exclusive deal with Nigerian movie service iROKOtv. As part of the deal, Lumia Windows Phone owners in Nigeria will get the first three months access to iROKOtv’s premium service free which gives access the library of 5,000 Nigerian movies popularly known as Nollywood movies over Wi-Fi or 3G networks.

Also the Lumia iROKOtv app will also allow exclusive access to behind the scenes interviews with Nollywood stars & more.

Source here
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by jmaine: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
Irotv App in the Windows Phone store ======> Iroko TV App
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by Ejine(m): 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
Damn!

I think iROKOtv is really shaping up to be our NetFlix!
I may not be into 99.98 percent of what Nollywood shamelessly churns out, but I'm really optimistic.

With a larger audience comes greater attention. With greater attention comes greater investment. And with greater investment comes a marked rise in the overall quality, so there's nowhere else to go but up.

Emeka Ike should go and face the wall.
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by jmaine: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
Very true bruv . . .But why the Emeka Ike jibe na cheesy
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by jedisco(m): 3:43am On Feb 01, 2013
This is the kind of news I want to hear.

We should be concerned about these big multinationals developing our local content. This is why I get annoyed when people are not in touch with the reality around them and instead think that we should copy westerners blindly.
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by puskin: 4:24am On Feb 01, 2013
.....and which bandwidth is my sister going to use to stream a whole 1hour+ film??

shocked shocked shocked

...abi does it come with free data too?? undecided undecided
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by Bawss1(m): 8:14am On Feb 01, 2013
This service is most likely designed for Nigerians abroad. That's iRokotv's primary target audience anyways. I'm also not a big fan of nollywood movies but if someone can make a successful business off this industry like Jason Njoku is doing with irokotv then he deserves profound congratulations. Wonderful development indeed
Re: Nokia Signs Exclusive Deal With Nigerian Movie Streaming Service Irokotv by Ejine(m): 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
jmaine:
Very true bruv . . .But why the Emeka Ike jibe na cheesy

I makwa na de foolish man was early spitting fire on the pages of newspapers about how the Home Video format (you know, in all of its cheap glory) was fast heading to irrelevance, thanks to other outlets like AfricaMagic and their non-conventional mode of film broadcasting (by Naija standards).

I guess this man has never heard of evolution before.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Board Keen To Sell Company By November / Best Android Phones, Gionee, Infinix, Tecno / Lenovo A10 - Ultra-portable Android Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.