Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (24462 Views)

A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by mikolo80: 6:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Etranshub:
@ smoking your own catfish means value adding to your harvest which gives you more than 100% profit on your investment if you are selling locally and more if you are considering exportation but just smoking your catfish is not enough for the export market as you have to make sure your fish is smoked and packaged in a very hygienic environment and also the level of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)is less than 5mg/kg of the product. Else the product will not be allowed into places like US and EU where you have large populations of customers for the product. PAH can be prevented to the bearest minimum by using the right desight of smoking kiln and the right power source (sawdust and firewood is a no no) call 08167488947 or email olowaolugbenga@gmail.com for the design of smoking kiln with temperature gauge, automatic oil and moisture collector, racks on roller etc

what smokes without smoke. Dried fish is not same as smoked fish
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by miqos02(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2017
ok added[quote author=haleemwale post=55052090][/quote]
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by damilareadeniyi: 2:19pm On May 10, 2017
If you are in need of fish drying machine, contact me through stoladcom@yahoo.com
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by sshy: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
Oven dried blue whiting (panla) fish. Tasty, very dried,and very very AFFORDABLE, good for soup, stew and even can be taken wt garri. Prepared in a very hygiene condition and packaged in a transparent nylon that can stay up to 2 months even without a refrigerator. 5 in a pack and cost just #300 retail and #250 wholesale from 10packs. 100 packs attracts further discount. Partners needed nationwide.
Call 08188588576 or 09036042079 for further enquiries
U can chat me up on WhatsApp, both numbers are connected and active 24hrs

Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Emmafly(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2017
I have catfish for sale. can be oven dried and packaged on your demand. any quantity any time and any size. you can buy live weight price and pay the processing charge for drying.
call/whatsapp 08183549869.
note supply is all year round and am based in lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Asmefisheries: 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
How can one get buyers of smoked catdish ,with a different delicacy taste?
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Asmefisheries: 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Not all dried fish is a smaked catfish..the differences is clear in the tastes and bone of smoked is eatable also. But the bone of dried with oven is never soft. Try me on pure real smoked fish for your delicious meal,i supply to Hotels in special order , also contact me for special booking for your ceremonies and coronations on 08038700071 . I also waybill packaged smoked fish to your door step according to your demand.. Your always delicious reach meals is our concern. Email me on soonerrichman@gmail.com or call the above no. ASME is the name.
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Bakerdav: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2017
Pls what is the current price of table fish in the market now urgently?
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Emmafly(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
LAGOS AND OGUN FISH FARMERS.
MEETING ON PROFITABLE FISH FARMING
INVITATION IS ABSOLUTELY FREE . ITS A PHYSICAL PRACTICAL OF GREAT EXPERIENCE NO NEED TO PAY FOR ANY SEMINAR/HANDOUT/CD.
TIME- 11AM
DATE- SATURDAY 14-10-2017
address Muta 3 by central mosque, adiyan- gasline, agbado Lagos. ( from oshodi enter a bus going to agbado-ijaiye/tollgate. drop at ijaiye and enter a bus to agbado-oja. then take a bus adiyan/gasline and drop at the last bustop which is gasline. then take a bike to Muta 3 by central mosque and ask of fish farm.
HOT TOPICS-
-HOW TO ADD VALUE AND MARKET YOUR PRODUCTS IN THE MIDST OF CRUMBLING PRICES.
-CULTURING CATFISH IN EARTHEN PONDS A-Z.
-SUCCESS STORIES OF REAL FARMERS.

NB.it is a very important meeting for newbies who want to venture into farming.
also part time farmers should not miss this especially if you want to really invest on a big time and be independent. experienced farmers should also come around to enlighten us on the way forward.

THIS CAN CHANGE YOUR APPROACH AS A FISH FARMER...

08183549869 for more details.

Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by TobiMartinsA: 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
About 5,500 pieces of Melange catfish for sale at N600 per Kg around Lotto, Mowe, Ogun state. Please contact 080-60-20-3428 if interested or if you know anyone that buys in bulk. Thanks.
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by proze: 11:42am On Jan 03, 2018
what is the cost for producing a kilogram of smoked fish?
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by proze: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2018
Etranshub:
@ smoking your own catfish means value adding to your harvest which gives you more than 100% profit on your investment if you are selling locally and more if you are considering exportation but just smoking your catfish is not enough for the export market as you have to make sure your fish is smoked and packaged in a very hygienic environment and also the level of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)is less than 5mg/kg of the product. Else the product will not be allowed into places like US and EU where you have large populations of customers for the product. PAH can be prevented to the bearest minimum by using the right desight of smoking kiln and the right power source (sawdust and firewood is a no no) call 08167488947 or email olowaolugbenga@gmail.com for the design of smoking kiln with temperature gauge, automatic oil and moisture collector, racks on roller etc

please what is the cost of constructing a smoking kiln that smokes 500 kg of catfish, am thinking of getting one
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Etranshub(m): 5:52am On Jan 04, 2018
proze:
please what is the cost of constructing a smoking kiln that smokes 500 kg of catfish, am thinking of getting one
kindly send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com and a product catalogue with prices and more details of our smoking kiln will be sent to you. Regards
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by novexme(m): 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2018
Resun Oxygen pumps now selling.

3 diff capacities available:-
3000L/Hr @ N60,000
4200L/Hr @ N75,000
and 8400L/Hr @ N95,000.
Location is ipaja, Lagos.

All pumps come with 4 Air splitters (4,6,8,16 outlets respectively).
100meters air hose and 8 air stones.
Also in the package are 8 plastic elbows and 8 plastic tees to connect the hose.

All in one package.
Easy DIY Installation.

It Enhances fish growth, feed conversion ratio,Water oxygen level, Fish Metabolism and Reduces fish mortality.

Very essential for Fish farmers.

Delivery is 2weeks. Payment before delivery and Escrow options available.

call Deji on 07036871939 for all enquiry.

Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by sshy: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
EXLUSIVELY FOR WHOLESALE SMOKED FISH BUYERS. 1kg of DRIED GUTTED CATFISH @ #2400. Gutted and very dry. Can stay over 6 months.!!! Unbeatable offer at Shaiz Farmz. 23/25 shasha rd, Akowonjo lagos. Tel. 08188588576.
UNGUTTED VERY DRY CATFISH @ #2200.
GUTTED DRY FISH @ #2400. CALL/ WHATSAPP 08188588576
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by Emmy1379: 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
sshy:
EXLUSIVELY FOR WHOLESALE SMOKED FISH BUYERS. 1kg of DRIED GUTTED CATFISH @ #2400. Gutted and very dry. Can stay over 6 months.!!! Unbeatable offer at Shaiz Farmz. 23/25 shasha rd, Akowonjo lagos. Tel. 08188588576.
UNGUTTED VERY DRY CATFISH @ #2200.
GUTTED DRY FISH @ #2400. CALL/ WHATSAPP 08188588576

How many pieces makes a kg on the average?

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by habayinc(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
miqos02:
haba, no one got anything to say?
the last smoking kiln i used for catfish was an improvised one ..it has both gas and charcoal chamber ..although if you put 200 fishes in it for smoking ..im sure you dont expect the 100 percent to be well smoked..some will get burnt no matter how perfect you are ..5% loss i must say...it was a fabricated smoking kiln made by a youtuber and it was working fine on my former farm ...
1kg of live catfish = 250g of smoked fish at dry
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by lasgidi4rv: 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
Olayinka777:
Alagbado area, it uses charcoal. The end product is superb because it's a smoking klin oven. I had to transport down to Abuja when I relocated.

Hello. Please could you provide contact details? I am also interested in a smoking kiln that uses charcoal only.
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:05am On Mar 06, 2018
I have 3 sets of this fabricated Ovens, I learnt about all I need to know about Smoking of Cat Fish and Bread baking, please I need your advise as to which of this line of business should I use the Ovens for. 1. Smoking of Cat Fish 2. Baking of Bread.
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:08am On Mar 06, 2018
Here they are
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:09am On Mar 06, 2018
hm
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by werlae(m): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2018
Abt 3 tonnes of table size catfish available for sale in ikorodu, lagos state @ #750/kg whatsaap me on 07060583847...
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by senatorken01(m): 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
Let's discuss more on whatsapp group by following this link and for us to learn more and also interact on the group....
https:///HjZ57GbL8iU3AImEGi8DHq
Re: Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking by bolajib68: 8:43pm On May 01, 2018
Is there anyone on this platform who is into the exportation of smoked catfish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buy Cows And Goats from the north / FG Bans Woods, Charcoal Exportation. / Top 5 Reasons Why Poultry Farming Is So Lucrative In Nigeria- Marvejohndaily.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.