Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? (9807 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2013
Honestly, guys abeg tell me? Na so e hard?!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Omoteeh: 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2013
I have asked myself so many times too. Simple answer is,most Nigerian men and African men in general are naturally brought up to think they are mini gods that should be worshipped and waited on handand foot. I sit in an office with about 5 white men and i have often gone into the ladies bathroom to weep at how unlucky i am to have married an african man who is sooo selfish, his needs always come first. I see these my colleagues buying flowers, sharing recipes to surprise their wives with, planning holidays etc....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by nobniger: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2013
We're

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Caracta(f): 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Not all. I have one right here beside me, very romantic.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by ATMC(f): 11:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
Its cos of our value system. Most nigerian guys are not taught to be romantic from childhood, neither are they exposed to romantic parents so you see majority of d 'some' dt are, learnt it and are yet to perfect it. Men are from mars...

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by True2myself24(f): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
^^^
I agree. I dont want to say that my boyfriend isn't romantic because he just has a different way of showing it. To him calling me and checking on me each night, being faithful, and spending time with me (watching soccer) is romantic. I dont complain because I know its sincere. At least he rubs my feet and always tells me he loves me undecided That's as far as it'll get.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nnekacherry: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2013
Not all.. Some of them are very romantic..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 31, 2013
Romance does not put food on the table. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by mynameisjade: 12:03am On Feb 01, 2013
Well sum are n sum aint.... lipsrsealed
Sum have a different way of showing it,it cud be really subtle or it cud be obvious.......
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by jaykai24(m): 12:41am On Feb 01, 2013
undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Eisenhower(m): 1:22am On Feb 01, 2013
how will you be romantic to hungry,brutal ladies that know nothing but their selfish gains...most Nigerian ladies, their definition of relationship is total dependence on the man and they will do anything to rip him off of cash. You want to be romantic to such group of people? no way! angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by 190theclown: 1:34am On Feb 01, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Look at that damn picture, I keep saying it 90% of Nigerians are not normal -

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princess1982(f): 4:05am On Feb 01, 2013
The Nigerian man I date is romantic.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 4:13am On Feb 01, 2013
True2myself24: ^^^
I agree. I dont want to say that my boyfriend isn't romantic because he just has a different way of showing it. To him calling me and checking on me each night, being faithful, and spending time with me (watching soccer) is romantic. I dont complain because I know its sincere. At least he rubs my feet and always tells me he loves me undecided That's as far as it'll get.
Which goes to say that the definition of romantic differs from one person to another
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2013
Nnekacherry: Not all.. Some of them are very romantic..

and some are just douchebags.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 5:22am On Feb 01, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

and some are just douchebags.
Different strokes for different folks
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Different strokes for different folks

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by try69: 6:48am On Feb 01, 2013
Q: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic?
A: Because Nigerian ladies are not.

Reason;
A Nigerian girl (a good percentage) is busy hunting a super rich guy while the other dudes are watching and you expect them to believe Nigerian love is not about the money? Hogwash!

Example;
I follow some foreign forums where I see ladies talk about their relationships. How they are in love with some dudes despite their shortcomings..No 9ja girl go even agree say her BOBO no get, I blame nollywood for that sha. grin

Conclusion;
A typical 9ja guy believes that all he needs to do is get the money and then he can use that to keep his gf/wife while it lasts and you expect them to be romantic? NAH..they are only trying to stay with the reality on ground.cheesy cheesy cheesy

For Myself;
I have lost my mojo for romance a long time ago but I'm gradually getting it back..Thanks to my wonderful non-Nigerian cheesy behaving gf grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mindependent(f): 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Eisenhower: how will you be romantic to hungry,brutal ladies that know nothing but their selfish gains...most Nigerian ladies, their definition of relationship is total dependence on the man and they will do anything to rip him off of cash. You want to be romantic to such group of people? no way! angry angry angry

Well you have this mentality only because you have not met me yet, I have the ability to change opinions in a flash grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
ATMC: Its cos of our value system. Most nigerian guys are not taught to be romantic from childhood, neither are they exposed to romantic parents so you see majority of d 'some' dt are, learnt it and are yet to perfect it. Men are from mars...
Then maybe women are from the pluto that has been extincted... Hmm Gosh! Silly generalizations again...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
Nnekacherry: Not all.. Some of them are very romantic..
God bless u jare... Some are just too short-sighted to see those ones
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
fluid26: Romance does not put food on the table. cheesy
The same girls that complain are the ones that will tell or ask you if they would eat love... Now they are here whining about men not being romantik and all that crap... Jeez! As if mist nigerian women are any where near being romantik...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
Eisenhower: how will you be romantic to hungry,brutal ladies that know nothing but their selfish gains...most Nigerian ladies, their definition of relationship is total dependence on the man and they will do anything to rip him off of cash. You want to be romantic to such group of people? no way! angry angry angry
Gbam!!! At the end of the day u go hear, na romance or na love I go chop Buy flower give any Nigerian girl and see whether u go live well to tell the story... If she no stone am for ur face, she go use u do amebor wella...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
Which goes to say that the definition of romantic differs from one person to another
Exactly... To some being romantic is the number of isi-ewu joint you can take them to...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
dmcdad:
Exactly... To some being romantic is the number of isi-ewu joint you can take them to...
Point made and understood
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by dmcdad: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
try69: Q: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic?
A: Because Nigerian ladies are not.

Reason;
A Nigerian girl (a good percentage) is busy hunting a super rich guy while the other dudes are watching and you expect them to believe Nigerian love is not about the money? Hogwash!

Example;
I follow some foreign forums where I see ladies talk about their relationships. How they are in love with some dudes despite their shortcomings..No 9ja girl go even agree say her BOBO no get, I blame nollywood for that sha. grin

Conclusion;
A typical 9ja guy believes that all he needs to do is get the money and then he can use that to keep his gf/wife while it lasts and you expect them to be romantic? NAH..they are only trying to stay with the reality on ground.cheesy cheesy cheesy

For Myself;
I have lost my mojo for romance a long time ago but I'm gradually getting it back..Thanks to my wonderful non-Nigerian cheesy behaving gf grin grin grin grin
Guy abeg one baron for you... Your head is there.. Sometimes I get sick with people who come and make silly and unprecedented arguments that can never be justified.

The truth is that, most men are not romantic as well as the women who whine about this.. Now, one thing that would be agreed is that, men try as much as they can in doing things that goes in-line with what the women want. Since a lot of men have discovered that, most Nigerian women ain't romantic themselves and don't really appreciate romantic gestures, they re-programmed their minds to suit what the women want.

It only takes those of us that really stand our ground irrespective of the situation on ground. Personally, I still write love poems and all that. I compose a lot of time and send it to whomever I have at that moment. Most Nigerian girls would despise that for sure, but that's their business because that is just one of my styles. It's something I love to do...

Bottom line of everything is that, Nigerian men can be as much romantic like our western counterparts, but then, the women have to re-adjust their preference in order to accommodate romantic gestures from men...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

just lyk snipers in a diaper;naija babes nid the money in ur pocket. But sincerely-we all got our mode of expression_be it romance or hatred*******"Africa has its norms and values, and we are proud of them. Besides "romance cannot be shown wit empty hands and pocket---na money u go use buy flowers and also organise those sweet disneyland holidays"
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2013
Princeparix: just lyk snipers in a diaper;naija babes nid the money in ur pocket. But sincerely-we all got our mode of expression_be it romance or hatred*******"Africa has its norms and values, and we are proud of them. Besides "romance cannot be shown wit empty hands and pocket---na money u go use buy flowers and also organise those sweet disneyland holidays"

Lie
Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Lie
A big lie but most Nigerian have been brought with that mentality that there can not be romance without money.

And you know that if you tell a lie for too long, you will believe it is true

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
A big lie but most Nigerian have been brought with that mentality that there can not be romance without money.

And you know that if you tell a lie for too long, you will believe it is true
as a jobless dude-how do u intend to show love and emotions dat triggers romance to a naija babe. Omo hia no be south of france o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Mynd44: 8:47pm On Feb 02, 2013
Princeparix: as a jobless dude-how do u intend to show love and emotions dat triggers romance to a naija babe. Omo hia no be south of france o
Well go after girls who have mentalities that are not centered around money. In effect, look for girls that have "The south of France" mentality

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? by Princeparix(m): 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well go after girls who have mentalities that are not centered around money. In effect, look for girls that have "The south of France" mentality
which am sorry to shout it out-U WULD NEVA FIND.
How do u expect to find a gal dat wuld walk wit u,go 2 d roof tops to count d stars,act like a kid within the actual process of falling in luv nd nt infatuation,a lady dat would rilli luk forward for ur luv and enjoy d fun witout d do nd don't of our society, a society wia d guys are after d bend below pants of gals nd d gals are after the fortunes of d who-dey-consider-mugu dude dat is on their trail. Hey man---is nt hia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Girl Is Denying Me Sex Wat Should I Do / Lagos Big Girl Flaunts Her Massive B**bs On Instagram - Men Gone Wild / Ladies Share Your Simping Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.