Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission (868 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by brixton: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Twitter and english transfer day deadline media are currently trending with news of Nigeria's Osaze driving to london with the aim of negotiating a deal with relgation zone QPR. English football lovers having a good laugh at our brother's obvious money greed! In as much as I appreciate Osaze's talent as well as agree with his job change, I think he's gone through this the very wrong way. Anyways all the best to him in his quest for a pay-rise and new challenge.

Below is WBA statement;

West Bromwich Albion statement: "Albion have moved to clarify developments regarding Peter Odemwingie after the striker was filmed a short while ago arriving at Loftus Road.

"The club can confirm they have held further discussions with QPR today but those talks have so far proven fruitless and no agreement has been reached.

"Albion would also like to make clear that Peter has not been given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move."
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by Pergrace: 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2013
Odemwingie tries to force QPR move

Peter Odemwingie travelled to QPR in an attempt to force through a move to Loftus Road - despite not being given permission by West Brom - and was reportedly refused entry to the Rangers ground.

PA PhotosOdemwingie has travelled to Loftus Road

It appeared Odemwingie, who has made no secret of his desire to move to west London in the January transfer window, believed he may have been able to hold talks.

Any hopes of a deal appeared to have fallen through after West Brom demanded Junior Hoilett on loan - with his wages paid in full by QPR - in exchange for allowing the Nigerian to leave.

Rangers had initially refused to include Hoilett as part of the deal but, with negotiations between the two clubs reportedly continuing, Odemwingie travelled to Loftus Road of his own accord on Thursday evening.

West Brom were forced to deny that any deal for the player had been agreed and that he had not been given permission to travel to the Premier League's bottom club.

"The club have held further discussions with QPR today but those talks have so far proven fruitless and no agreement has been reached," West Brom said on their official Twitter account.

"Albion would also like to make clear that Peter has not been given permission to speak to QPR about a potential move."

Speaking to reporters outside QPR’s Loftus Road ground earlier on Thursday evening, Odemwingie insisted he was leaving with West Brom's blessing.

Asked whether the Midlanders were disappointed at his impending departure, Odemwingie told Sky Sports: "No, no. WBA is my home. I love WBA and always will. But this is a new challenge.

"I am happy with the trust the manager has in me. QPR can stay up. The owners would not spend all this money if they did not think that would happen."

He added: "It's not sorted yet. I hope West Brom will be happy. They hope to get players themselves."

West Brom boss Steve Clarke said earlier in the week that Odemwingie had been "badly advised" by his representatives.

"Things have been going on behind the scenes which have turned his head, and it's unfortunate for us," Clarke said. "The situation is not good for anybody. If they [QPR] don't come up with a bid that's acceptable, he won't go.

"The club are entitled to get what they think is a good price. That's the situation."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1321661/odemwingie-tries-force-qpr-move?cc=3888
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by Afam4eva(m): 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
Why's Osazie behaving like an illiterate who doesn't know that there is due process in these things.
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by PriceOfGarri(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
I jus finished him on twitter now, I just pray he replies M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥. Fooooool
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by hurricaneChris: 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
PriceOfGarri: I jus finished him on twitter now, I just pray he replies M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥. Fooooool

Hahahahahaha! Wat did ϓό̲̣̣̣̥ΰ tell him? Anyway this goes a long way to show how greedy he is. It's just a pity he comes from Nigeria!

#AnotherCaseStudy
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by brixton: 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2013
Very shameful and just how does he intend to stay d next 6months in dat club. English press thot dey re done wit Balo-drama now dey Osaze-drama. Hahahaha
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by brixton: 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
QPR manager Harry Redknapp: "It's been a frustrating day. We managed to get Andros Townsend and Jermaine Jenas from Tottenham. I don't know what happened with Peter Odemwingie, it was all a bit of a mix up.

"I feel sorry for the lad. He was advised that he should turn up here but the wires got crossed. It can't be done now."

#sham
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by manuch(m): 12:56am On Feb 01, 2013
the guy no get agent wey dey advise am
Re: Osaze Drives To Qpr's Loftus Road Without WBA Permission by waaliano: 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2013
that is how the guy used to do in Nigeria,very proud and lack of discipline...He think is in dealing with NFF or SIASIA

(1) (Reply)

Mario Balotelli Dumped By Girlfriend Over Se*x Bet / Top 10: One-club Footballers / Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL): Super4 Returns!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.