Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? (14501 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / My Engine Rings Are Failing: Is It Better To Work On It Or Change The Engine? / What Does Tpms Mean In Honda Accord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Honourable house...please am a bit confused about what effect the Engine Capacity has on the performance of my car?
I see a lot of 1.8l engine, 2.2l and some Nissans with 3.5l engines.
What does it mean in a car? More fuel? More speed? Or More torque? Please I need explanations! Thanx.
Re: My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
P-I-N-G
Re: My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? by ba7man(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
@Royal Roy. Those figures represent the engine's size. Its the total displacement of your engine's cylinder ie Bigger displacement, bigger piston chambers or more pistons. Eg 1.8L(litres) is smaller engine size than 3.5L. So 1.8L engine is slower, consumes less fuel and has less torque since its smaller. The 3.5L is faster and consumes more fuel.
Re: My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
ba7man: @Royal Roy. Those figures represent the engine's size. Its the total displacement of your engine's cylinder ie Bigger displacement, bigger piston chambers or more pistons. Eg 1.8L(litres) is smaller engine size than 3.5L. So 1.8L engine is slower, consumes less fuel and has less torque since its smaller. The 3.5L is faster and consumes more fuel.

Thanx...good to know. A faster engine with more torque is all I ever wished for in a car....guess a 2006 Maxima with 3.5l V6 engine will be on point.
Blaze like a shooting star!!!!!
Re: My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? by lonelydora: 8:23am On Feb 02, 2013
The bigger the engine capacity, the faster the car, which means more fuel consumption, and less engine vibration. For example, depending on the make of the car, 3.5l might be making 21miles/gallon while 1.8l might be making 30mile/gallon. i drive a 3.0l V6 accord. I love the car and will never go for a 4-cylinder car again.
Re: My Engine Capacity!! What Does It Mean? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2013
lonelydora: The bigger the engine capacity, the faster the car, which means more fuel consumption, and less engine vibration. For example, depending on the make of the car, 3.5l might be making 21miles/gallon while 1.8l might be making 30mile/gallon. i drive a 3.0l V6 accord. I love the car and will never go for a 4-cylinder car again.
That's so good to know! Thanx for the explanation. I am a firm lover of v6 engines...just didn't know much about the engine capacity part of it. Am well convinced now that a bigger capacity engine will do the magic.
Damn the fuel consequences....the thrill will surely be worth it.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Things Non-Car Enthusiasts Say / Installmental Payment Plan For Cars / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.