Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? (17474 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Ganduje, Kwankwaso Reconcile After Intervention Of 6 Governors In Abuja. Photos / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 02, 2013
Seriously, why do businesses and organisations hang pictures of thieving politicians on their office walls?
You walk into a bank, hospital or office and you see the picture of a certified crook on the wall, smiling happily at you.
When did this stupìd practice start and what prompted it? I find it quite disturbing to see that these kleptocrats are being revered when they're supposed to be scorned and abused.

13 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by redsun(m): 1:21am On Feb 02, 2013
Because they are all the same. Partner in crimes against humanity.

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by geeez: 6:26am On Feb 02, 2013
It disgusts me really. Even some banks do it

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by bigass(f): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2013
age should be a criteria for opening accounts on Nairaland. @op should they put up your own pictures? olosi

6 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Akshow: 6:55am On Feb 02, 2013
bigass: age should be a criteria for opening accounts on Nairaland. @op should they put up your own pictures? olosi
Shut da f up there. Of What relevance are those silly pix in an office?

14 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by naptu2: 7:13am On Feb 02, 2013
(Narrated by Femi Falana after Gani's death).

Gani Fawehinmi had been sued by Olusegun Obasanjo for libel. It looked like he would lose the case. In court Femi Falana sat beside Gani and whispered to him that the case looked bad. Gani replied that the case would not be heard.

"But the Judge is ready to sit and the case has been listed", replied Falana.

"Just watch what will happen" said Gani.

When the case was called, Gani told the judge that the case can not be heard. The judge asked for his reasons.

"My lord, the plaintiff in this case is a military man and behind you hangs the picture of the Military Administrator, how can I then accept that this court is impartial?"

The judge then adjourned the case, to be resumed later in the day (according to Mr Falana, the case was not called again that day). Since then, the picture of the head of state/governor has been replaced by a picture of the coat of arms of Nigeria.

53 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by BALLERON(m): 7:20am On Feb 02, 2013
Brillant lawyer
naptu2: (Narrated by Femi Falana after Gani's death).

Gani Fawehinmi had been sued by Olusegun Obasanjo for libel. It looked like he would lose the case. In court Femi Falana sat beside Gani and whispered to him that the case looked bad. Gani replied that the case would not be heard.

"But the Judge is ready to sit and the case has been listed", replied Falana.

"Just watch what will happen" said Gani.

When the case was called, Gani told the judge that the case can not be heard. The judge asked for his reasons.

"My lord, the plaintiff in this case is a military man and behind you hangs the picture of the Military Administrator, how can I then accept that this court is impartial?"

The judge then adjourned the case, to be resumed later in the day (according to Mr Falana, the case was not called again that day). Since then, the picture of the head of state/governor has been replaced by a picture of the coat of arms of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by naptu2: 7:28am On Feb 02, 2013
Although I distinctly remember that Falana mentioned Obasanjo, but I suspect that the case might have been Akilu vs Fawehinmi.

2 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by ITbomb(m): 7:47am On Feb 02, 2013
J12:
I find it quite disturbing to see that these kleptocrats are being revered when they're supposed to be scorned and abused.
Those 'kleptocrats' are what represent the sovereignty and dignity of Nigeria.
Their offices represent the institution of the Nigerian state .
If you truly believe they should be abused then if another African or white man abuse you , you shouldn't complain because you don't respect the office that represent you.
It is your duty to ensure that the right representatives are occupying that office.
Scorn on the Office of the President and you are scorning on the Dignity of the Nigerian nationhood and YOUR dignity as a Nigerian

8 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Eltonluigi(m): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2013
Pledge allegiance to the king!
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 02, 2013
ITbomb:
Those 'kleptocrats' are what represent the sovereignty and dignity of Nigeria.
Their offices represent the institution of the Nigerian state .
If you truly believe they should be abused then if another African or white man abuse you , you shouldn't complain because you don't respect the office that represent you.
It is your duty to ensure that the right representatives are occupying that office.
Scorn on the Office of the President and you are scorning on the Dignity of the Nigerian nationhood and YOUR dignity as a Nigerian

I understand you perfectly, alot of nigerians are like you. People like you let people who hold "offices that represent the nigerian state" abuse their position and privilege. That's why Nigeria is in a sorry state.

10 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by slimfit1(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2013
You mean CAN its a government agency now na thanks to pastor Ayo.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by achi4u(m): 9:29am On Feb 02, 2013
I hate it when each time I work into the bank and my governor keeps staring at me.lol
There's nothing one can do about it,they represent our states and our country aswell.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by achi4u(m): 9:32am On Feb 02, 2013
slim fit :
You mean CAN its a government agency now na thanks to pastor Ayo.
Which angle are shooting from?

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by HAH: 9:34am On Feb 02, 2013
It is suppose to be a show of loyalty but I personally see it as irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Blackteeth(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2013
if your mama get one eye, na your mama...

if your president dey thief, na still your president. So let their pictures remain there.

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by BlackPeni5: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2013
It shows that they are all member of the Illuminati cult

Nonsense...
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by ignis: 9:40am On Feb 02, 2013
They are giving honor to who honor is due.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by osifred(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2013
I would have given you a better reply but your choice of words to such a sensible post is appalling

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by sexybash(f): 9:42am On Feb 02, 2013
I might understand for the president but for FCT minister is just crazy for me its just plain hipocracy I will appreciate words on the marble dan to see the ugly faces of greedy politicians
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2013
achi4u: I hate it when each time I works into the bank and my keeps staring at me.
There's nothing one can do about it,they represent our states and our country aswell.
Bros haba..Fear God nah bikozienu?
Keep 'worksing' into the bank

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 9:45am On Feb 02, 2013
at last someone asked this question!!!

God bless you plenty!
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by ITbomb(m): 9:48am On Feb 02, 2013
J12:

I understand you perfectly, alot of nigerians are like you. People like you let people who hold "offices that represent the nigerian state" abuse their position and privilege. That's why Nigeria is in a sorry state.
Then we should concentrate our energies on building institutions that can check the abuse of position rather than fighting on who is occupying the office.
A judge grant a thief relief of 750k and nobody is making any concrete move to push for the reform of the judicial system , everybody just ranting on the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by emandman: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2013
No objective reply as to the reason for those pics...

I SMH 4naija best forum,full of ppl who can only vex 4 govt and yab each other,witout aving knwlegde of d OP's topic

1 Like

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by sarutobie(m): 9:50am On Feb 02, 2013
J12:

And this dumb post got 3 likes..truely teenagers have besieged NL.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by DisGuy: 9:57am On Feb 02, 2013
you guys should forget the fact they are mostly thieves or incompetent, answer the question if you can...

private businesses even add a pic of their latest ceo/md

one picture of President, one picture of the state governor and picture of the owner or MD undecided

is this corporate praise singing or is this to ward off tax/police officers ?
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by FreeGlobe(f): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2013
Nigeria is doomed! Of all things happening in the cesspit called Nigeria, this is what somebody is worried about? Would it matter to you if the governor is not corrupt and competent? How can we have a competent and non corrupt governor? It is not particular to Nigeria too. Again Nigeria is doomed with the petty mindseted population it has.
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by ubong560(m): 10:07am On Feb 02, 2013
The fact there is that, those who cause us pains are those we appraise. In a sane society, i dont think pictures of such unrepentance and recalcitrance polithiefcian shld be pasted in a public place such as bank. In nigeria, we do some gullible things whereby even the american mad man/woman wouldnt think of. We glorify our polithiefcians in so many ways just to bcom a sycophant b4 them. I dont see any good reason why such pics shld be used as an instrument of national identify. They make us grieve but we still appraise them. If pastors are now putting thier pics and that of thier wives on the church sign post, how then would a public/commercial organizations wouldnt. Its an 'insane nation' with 'insane people' delivering 'insane practices'.

2 Likes

Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by richs(m): 10:09am On Feb 02, 2013
Black Peni5: It shows that they are all member of the Illiminati cult

Nonsense...
u are a reflection of your name
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by oboy3(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2013
Why else do you hang a man if not to kill him?
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by ypzilanti: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2013
I do not see Uduaghan and TA Orji pictures in Abia and Delta States
Re: Hanging Pictures Of Presidents/governors In Offices? by aieromon(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2013
You guys shouldn't give Mr Seun Osewa dirty ideas.

I can't picture opening this site and seeing someone's picture covering half of my screen. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-rufai's Fan Constructs A Wooden Plane For Governor In Kaduna (Photos) / Zulum Alleges Sabotage As Fire Razes Mega School Inaugurated By Buhari / Kano: Umar Ganduje To Officially Handover To Kabir Yusuf Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.