Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (54984 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by maclatunji: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Even my first post here proves my point- when you type 'thing' instead of 'thin', you know there is something wrong somewhere.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
maclatunji:

Hello... this idea is brilliant. However, I think if I love myself (health-wise), I should decline. I am spread so thin that I need to reduce mental tasks. You will agree with me that this is real cerebral activity.

I will love to read and suggest improvements where necessary.

#Goodluck

! angry angry

~ Health ke? I thought you were built as strong as an ox! angry

~ You've absconded from the Lola thread. You don't even comment there anymore!! angry angry

~ You're good at multi-tasking, aren't you? angry angry angry

~ Besides, going by the look of things, you probably might just need to make one teeny-weeny bit of contribution and nothing else till after a year or so. So what gives? You know you love writing and crime / detectiv-ism is soooo your stuff. Abeg come back here jor! tongue cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
maclatunji:

Hello... this idea is brilliant. However, I think if I love myself (health-wise), I should decline. I am spread so thin that I need to reduce mental tasks. You will agree with me that this is real cerebral activity.

I will love to read and suggest improvements where necessary.

#Goodluck

May God place His hand on you, Mac. Thanks, at least we'll be having you viewing our posts and making necessary corrections. That alone is an honour.

God bless you, sir.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by frank317: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wow I am the second person to update. I hope I will meet up to ur xpectations. Anyway, I love challenges, I am equal to the task. The person I pity is the writer directly under me. I will so make u crack ya brain... Wow I can't wait to see how larry is goin to open, I read a brand of cain and I think the guy is crazy and unpreditabe.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by maclatunji: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

! angry angry

~ Health ke? I thought you were built as strong as an ox! angry

~ You've absconded from the Lola thread. You don't even comment there anymore!! angry angry

~ You're good at multi-tasking, aren't you? angry angry angry

~ Besides, going by the look of things, you probably might just need to make one teeny-weeny bit of contribution and nothing else till after a year or so. So what gives? You know you love writing and crime / detectiv-ism is soooo your stuff. Abeg come back here jor! tongue cheesy

Lola's thread is evolving nicely. I will contribute in due course. I don't want to be put in a position where I MUST deliver here. I have too much of that already in my life, let me savour the work of brilliant writers. I can stand-in if someone is unavailable and I have the time.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by maclatunji: 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Larry-Sun:

May God place His hand on you, Mac. Thanks, at least we'll be having you viewing our posts and making necessary corrections. That alone is an honour.

God bless you, sir.

And you too my brother. Looking forward to a classic story!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
I'm all for a 3-days update interval.
That is, if more writers are to be added. If not, then 4 days is ok.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2013

the interval between successive posts should be slashed. I agree
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Splendblex(f): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
Reader's club waiting...!cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Splendblex: Reader's club waiting...!cheesy
It'll start on Friday, ma'am. Sorry for the delay.
Bless you.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
I tot u guys wont slash that 1 week interval,i would have sent timed bomb there waitin 4 d thread 2 be opened and then blow it up.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Caporegime(m): 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
how much is the front row vip ticket, i cant wait
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by VanTee20(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: By the way, have you considered shortening the time span between each chapter, to say - 3 or 4 days? Seeing as the number of writers joining in is increasing by the number....
Good point, i agwee with you. Lawwy, give us a new time table asap grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
Caporegime: how much is the front row vip ticket, i cant wait
ur data bundles/BIS
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
VanTee20:
Good point, i agwee with you. Lawwy, give us a new time table asap grin

I only mentioned it on the assumption that the total number of volunteer writers increases considerably.

Nevertheless, let's leave it up to Larry. That guy sure knows his stuff and he definitely knows what he's doing... smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I only mentioned it on the assumption that the total number of volunteer writers increases considerably.

Nevertheless, let's leave it up to Larry. That guy sure knows his stuff and he definitely knows what he's doing... smiley smiley
I used to underestimate this lady...but lately ke

Lips sealed
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2013
^^ ??

hmmm...why the sealed lips na?

HumbledbyGrace, did I ever tell you, that you're gradually sounding more Nigerian? You even know how to use the word "ke"! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ ??

hmmm...why the sealed lips na?

HumbledbyGrace, did I ever tell you, that you're gradually sounding more Nigerian? You even know how to use the word "ke"! cheesy
lol I get that a lot
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: lol I get that a lot

mxm grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by VanTee20(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by VanTee20(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Errrm, i get what you mean but assumption or no assumption, the number of writers is sure to increase, i remember Larry said something about the maximum number of writers being 15 or thereabout and i believe we are yet to hit that number.

A chapter per week will not be fair to our readers, besides i don't really fancy the idea of having to wait for about 3 months and 3 weeks before i get a chance to post another update, so i think the interval should be reduced like you proposed earlier.

The ball is in Larry's court sha, and like you rightly said, he knows what he is doing smiley.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
VanTee20:
Errrm, i get what you mean but assumption or no assumption, the number of writers is sure to increase, i remember Larry said something about the maximum number of writers being 15 or thereabout and i believe we are yet to hit that number.

A chapter per week will not be fair to our readers, besides i don't really fancy the idea of having to wait for about 3 months and 3 weeks before i get a chance to post another update, so i think the interval should reduced like you proposed earlier.

The ball is in Larry's court sha, and like you rightly said, he knows what he is doing.

Now I wish I'd kept quiet! grin grin

On a more serious note, don't forget that most people here have other commitments outside of nland too. School, work, family...so let's take all of that into consideration, eh? And besides, some people might need a little bit more time to fully develop their character plots, settings, events, etc...

It is well. smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by whitemosquito(f): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sir Larry, friday is too far na.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
Oahray: mxm grin

Mtcheew...lol u don't forget easily do u?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by VanTee20(m): 12:29am On Feb 07, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Now I wish I'd kept quiet! grin grin

On a more serious note, don't forget that most people here have other commitments outside of nland too. School, work, family...so let's take all of that into consideration, eh? And besides, some people might need a little bit more time to fully develop their character plots, settings, events, etc...

It is well. smiley

Other commitments ke?! Me i live on NL o grin grin grin.

Anyways let's leave Monsieur Lawwy to decide about how long the interval between each successive posts should be.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:38am On Feb 07, 2013
^^ Yeah smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by movmentish(m): 1:18am On Feb 07, 2013
Are the "readers-only" association grin aka olodo pippu (that's me fellas grin)
Allowed to contribute? If yes then I say the time frame is quite okay,if we r not allowed to contribute just ignore dis post
grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Tomeseen(f): 2:53am On Feb 07, 2013
Detective story! Well am sure Reddie will deliver because if it isn't ludlum kind of thrilling. i'd rather prefer to flow in african plots. But then checking through the list of writers on board, it's a done deal y'all gonna give all my best crime writers a run for their money. Fully subscribed and following. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 6:43am On Feb 07, 2013
Oahray, I see you smiley . Your name has been added.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 7:04am On Feb 07, 2013
This is to inform the writers that the date has changed. The new dates are posted below. Thank you.

Larry Sun: Chapter One (February 8, 2013)

Frank 3.16: Chapter Two (February 12, 2013)

Redmosquito: Chapter Three (February 16, 2013)

Efemena_xy: Chapter Four (February 20, 2013)

Mazi_Omenuko: Chapter Five (February 24, 2013)

HumbledbYGrace: Chapter Six (February 28, 2013)

Sigmundfreud: Chapter Seven (March 4, 2013)

Ishilove: Chapter Eight (March 8, 2013)

VanTee20: Chapter Nine (March 12, 2013)

Oahray: Chapter Ten (March 16, 2013)

Mynd_44: Chapter Eleven (March 20, 2013)

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 7:07am On Feb 07, 2013
*** Be still, my fluttering heart...***

Good Morning Larry smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2013
Efemena_xy: *** Be still, my fluttering heart...***

Good Morning Larry smiley

But my own ventricles are being rendered more afflutter than yours. I have less than 24hours grin

Good morning, ma'am. Bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (76) (Reply)

A Strange Love (18+) / Sinister Affections Part 2 / To Love And Leave. (story Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.