Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo (18334 Views)

Blame Jonathan For The Scarcity Of Dollar-john Odigie-oyegun / Blame Obasanjo, Other Leaders For Nigeria’s Woes — SARAKI / Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by horlatunde(m): 7:57am On Feb 02, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of mismanaging the security issues engulfing the country.

Obasanjo stated this in an exclusive interview published in the February issue of the pan-African magazine, New African. He blamed Jonathan for the deteriorating situation caused by the insurgent Boko Haram.
President Jonathan and former President Obasanjo

“If the President is the chief security officer of the country and there is a security problem, where do you go for the solution? And if that solution is not coming from the chief security officer, who else inside and outside will get a solution? He has the responsibility to solve the problem, and nobody else should be blamed but him.”

In a wide-ranging interview, the former General also challenged claims made by Nigerian literary giant, Chinua Achebe, regarding the country’s civil war in the 1960s. Obasanjo rebuffed claims that successive Nigerian administrations have marginalized the Igbo ethnic group within the country.

“Maybe he is making those remarks because he is not living in Nigeria. If he was living in Nigeria, when I was the president of this country, an Igbo lady was my Minister of Finance, and Igbo man was the Governor of the Central Bank; an Igbo man was one of the military service chiefs. The permanent representative to the UN was also an Igbo person. What more do you want? For someone to say the civil war has not ended, 40 years after its conclusion, that person is living in the past.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/blame-jonathan-for-insecurity-obj/

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by oluwadare26(m): 8:55am On Feb 02, 2013
I pray that may they never reconcile their differences

18 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Chanchit: 9:34am On Feb 02, 2013
Even a blind man knows that Baba is saying the truth, n Achebe too is also living in Limbo.

18 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2013
open season on the drinkard

no more hiding place for the dundee in chief

cameron, fashola, obj . . .beaf go tire
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Gbawe: 9:53am On Feb 02, 2013
oyb: open season on the drinkard

no more hiding place for the dundee in chief

cameron, fashola, obj . . .beaf go tire

Add Professor Ayittey, Hilary Clinton et al to that growing list. Not particularly fond of OBJ but he is right. GEJ is a disaster even if clannish folks want to tag every merited criticism of our very poor President as "ethnically motivated". They should tell us the motivation, for example, of someone like David Cameron. Perhaps Cameron wants GEJ gone so he can come and be President of Nigeria !!!!

17 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by dumjoshua: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2013
well, i believe that obj has not been settled financially well,may be gej should buy more ostrichs and elephants 4 his farms.we know them

3 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 02, 2013
dumjoshua: well, i believe that obj has not been settled financially well,may be gej should buy more ostrichs and elephants 4 his farms.we know them

he can deploy those he already has ostriches must be his favorite animals
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by pboiskinpy(m): 11:52am On Feb 02, 2013
Oookk...dat 1 de

#jux passing
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2013
Wahala dey I dey see danger danger wahala dey!! Wen papa bigin critic pikin na em be say grandchildren go sufa and in dis case na d masses be grandchildren. Well I go build bunker wia I go hide dey officiate dis match btw barcelona and platini. Soccer fans sabi wetin I mean

1 Like

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by earthgreeners(m): 11:56am On Feb 02, 2013
I don't need OBJ, Bakare, Cameron, Hilary Clinton, et al. to know that GEJ is a disaster......

3 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by vedaxcool(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2013
Despite my dislike for obj, he is saying the whole truth, the igbos should go and study the American civil and see what it means for civil not end after 40, as for jonathan even those who voted him in 2011 are regretting it, now over to Papa destroy pikin (PDP) sympathises to come and condemn OBJ for saying the truth!

3 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2013
horlatunde: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of mismanaging the security issues engulfing the country.

Obasanjo stated this in an exclusive interview published in the February issue of the pan-African magazine, New African. He blamed Jonathan for the deteriorating situation caused by the insurgent Boko Haram.

“If the President is the chief security officer of the country and there is a security problem, where do you go for the solution? And if that solution is not coming from the chief security officer, who else inside and outside will get a solution? He has the responsibility to solve the problem, and nobody else should be blamed but him.”

In a wide-ranging interview, the former General also challenged claims made by Nigerian literary giant, Chinua Achebe, regarding the country’s civil war in the 1960s. Obasanjo rebuffed claims that successive Nigerian administrations have marginalized the Igbo ethnic group within the country.

“Maybe he is making those remarks because he is not living in Nigeria. If he was living in Nigeria, when I was the president of this country, an Igbo lady was my Minister of Finance, and Igbo man was the Governor of the Central Bank; an Igbo man was one of the military service chiefs. The permanent representative to the UN was also an Igbo person. What more do you want? For someone to say the civil war has not ended, 40 years after its conclusion, that person is living in the past.”

No sir, the war has not ended.

Our people are still being slaughtered in Nigeria on daily basis.
Also, you better start living living in present because Nigeria has failed.

As for the security problems, if your solution is the type you did at ODI and ZAKIBIAM, then your case is so pathetic.

13 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Pontaboki: 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
He is lying .He created the mess.GEJ is only trying to solve it.

28 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
What is wrong with this old man? I guess old age is telling on his comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by earthgreeners(m): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
dumjoshua: well, i believe that obj has not been settled financially well,may be gej should buy more ostrichs and elephants 4 his farms.we know them

GEJ's kinda animal consumes too much food (35M)...LOL
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by earthgreeners(m): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2013
okpara ugo: What is wrong with this old man? I guess old age is telling on his comprehension.

Park well!!...Is he not saying the truth?
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by LordNicvuitton(m): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
obasanjo refuses 2 retire frm political arena.. Old fat man wit shrunken ass! He fails 2 realise dat tuxedo suit does nat fit his pot belly n his tuwo face should nat be seen again in politics. Mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
G.E.D is a big disappointment and a big lesson to nigerians.......dont vote again based on luck...

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by earthgreeners(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
Pontaboki :
He is lying .He created the mess.GEJ is only trying to solve it.

He created which mess?...can you tell me one problem wey GEJ don solve?..abi GEJ sef dey complicate the mess...adding more mess to the already existing mess

GEJ is full of sh...it

4 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Ganys: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2013
Hmmm...The Chicken has come home to Roast....
Cant wait to see Brainless 40 laptop bandit to Defend Their "CLUELESS MECHANIC" in Fashola words undecided grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by earthgreeners(m): 12:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Lord Nicvuitton: obasanjo refuses 2 retire frm political arena.. Old fat man wit shrunken ass! He fails 2 realise dat tuxedo suit does nat fit his pot belly n his tuwo face should nat be seen again in politics. Mtcheew!

focus on the message and not the messenger.... LOL
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
I wonder why OBJ will always be picking on Jonathan. Okay who selected Jonathan as VP and late Yaradua as President?

OBJ, why did you select weaklings to replace you in government? Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Ganys: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
horlatunde:

“Maybe he is making those remarks because he is not living in Nigeria.
If he was living in Nigeria, when I was the president of this country, an Igbo lady was my Minister of Finance, and Igbo man was the Governor of the Central Bank; an Igbo man was one of the military service chiefs. The permanent representative to the UN was also an Igbo person. What more do you want? For someone to say the civil war has not ended, 40 years after its conclusion, that person is living in the past.”

The Senate Presidents he had for 8yrs were Igbo men

3 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

Park well!!...Is he not saying the truth?

He is saying the truth in a looser's way. Why didnt he say such truth under Abacha? Smh

You sef go look person before you tell am truth. I dont balme him, he has placed them there to protect his a55, yet he turns to insult him.

I never knew OBJ could be so unintelligent. With protruding orifice....

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by onchefx: 12:11pm On Feb 02, 2013
[b][b]BABA OBJ U ARE NO A GOOD FATHER,U GO PUT THIS SMALL BOY ON TOP FIRE,LEAVE AM THERE THEN U COME DE TALK THIS KIND TALK OBJ U Bleep UP WELL WELL U NO TRY AT ALL ..

1 Like

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by warrior101: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2013

Bro, you're right on...

2 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by alfredo4u(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
obj dey talk him mind, if gej rule finish him go talk him own. who wil save us? power intoxicate just like GARRI and coconut witout wata.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Tolexander: 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
like I once said, there seems to be a strongman somewhere backing Oby Ezekwizili. Maybe OBJ

1 Like

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
The yoruba saying ' On se mi o tun gba mi' couldn't be more apt. I am tired of hearing Obj abeg! As if he's innocent of how we got here angry

4 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by IncomeTutor: 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Seriously our past and present leaders are toying with
the power of the people. They are using our God-given
wealth to fight against us.

Until Nigerians rise and kill all these corrupt leaders,
future leaders will not learn their lessons.

No Nigerian leader, past and present, have the common
man and woman on the street at heart. When they are not
settled with bags of Ghana-must-go money, you see them
ranting on the pages of newspapers in order to cause
disorder for you and I.

Judgment Day Is Nigh!

11 Likes

Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by badassnigga(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
okpara ugo:

He is saying the truth is a looser's way. Why didnt he say such truth under Abacha? Smh

You sef go look person before you tell am truth. I dont balme him, he has placed them there to protect his a55, yet he turns to insult him.

I never knew OBJ could be so unintelligent. With protruding orifice....

Smh...I guessed u didn't know any tin abt Abacha's regime.
GeJ should b responsible for d security matter but is just in Aso Rock lyk a mere onlooker.
Re: Blame Jonathan For Nigeria’s Woes – Obasanjo by malele(m): 12:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
2014 let's divide 9ja we are not one and never will be.when an activists comes out publicly to say those mess about 30k$ paid to super eagles, then there is problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thugs Fight And Destroy APC Campaign Offices In Jalingo (Photos) / Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists / Osinbanjo And Ibikunle Amosun Visit Ogun State Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.