Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training (11587 Views)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs West Brom (0 - 1) On 2nd May 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 03, 2013
Has anyone seen chelsea fc tour of america, where mikel obi was speaking igbo language and broken , lol naija we re great

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by chiefololade: 8:14am On Feb 03, 2013
SamConquer: WHY ALWAYS OSAZE!!!
Because he is an unprofessional guy playing a professional game
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Cosmopolice: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2013
Qpr are fighting with relegation and thats the club he wants to join. Wat a big fool

2 Likes

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by SimplySEA(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2013
I'm surprised how nigerians are so negative and find it difficult to understand a simple writing! Sincerely i was angered wit d lad when i first read d news, but wit what i've jus read.....? Haba! We are jus being unrealistic wit our statements. We don't even stick to d topic or news at hand. Typical nigerians always waiting for bad news. Sorry pals, dis ain't bad news... Is jus a simple misunderstanding! Not jus by him and d club but worst so by u! "...nothing was wrong until de saw him on tv..." "....and Hoilet loan deal didn't pull through"! Read Harry's statements again and mess out dat bad gas inside dat belly!

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by supaeagles(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2013
thank goodness this clown is not playing for the super eagles currently.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by yemluc: 8:39am On Feb 03, 2013
....Ride on jare Mariopeter Baloodewingie !!!
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by jajajaja828: 8:59am On Feb 03, 2013
alkadriyar: West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie has been told not to return to training until next week.
The 31-year-old tried to force a move to QPR on transfer deadline day.
Speaking outside the West Brom training ground on Friday, Odemwingie said: “I have been given a few days offand will be back in training next week.”
Odemwingie met with club board members Dan Ashworth and Richard Garlick and head coach Steve Clarke on Friday morning and will miss Sunday’sgame against Tottenham Hotspur.
Afterwards, a statement from the club said: “After the events of the past week, the club decided it is in the best interests of all parties that Peter is not involved in Sunday’s game and he was given permission to return home.”
However, although Odemwingie regrets his actionsin travelling to London, he insists his long-term future remains away from The Hawthorns.
“I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn’t think,”he told Sky Sports News on Friday.
“I will still leave the club. It is only a matter of time.”
Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace accused Odemwingie of acting unprofessionally over the apparent attempt to open talks without the club’s permission.
But although Odemwingie admitted he was perhaps a “little unprofessional” he defended himself by claiming the circumstances were not so different to when he joined West Brom from Lokomotiv Moscow in 2010 for £2.5m.
He also put Thursday’s actions down to a misunderstanding.
“I came to this club (West Brom) in a wholly unprofessional way. I wasn’t given any written permission by Lokomotiv Moscow but I arrived at this club. I did a medical, I don’t think everything went so professional when I arrived,” he added.
Clarifying his comments, he said: “I’m saying that these things don’t matter so much when adults are dealing with each other.
“I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere because I could have held my goodbyes to the [West Brom] players if I was told it is not going to happen.”
Odemwingie felt he had been given the go-ahead from West Brom to complete his move to QPR, but conceded he did not have written permission.
He had appeared optimistic that a deal could be reached when he was interviewed on his arrival in west London on Thursday.
“I hope they will be happy with what they get and, of course, they want to get in players themselves. I just hope that everything will be sorted out in the next few hours,” he told Sky Sports News at the time.
But Odemwingie said on Friday: “They [West Brom] didn’t give me written permission, but you know we are in England and when you’re gentlemen you understand each other so easily.
“In my opinion, everything wasdone right and at the last moment, I don’t know what really happened, but I think other people can answer this question as well.
“We were almost there, the club were angry that I went there and it was on TV. They weren’t angry that I went there, but when it came up on TV that’s when they said that this deal is off and why did I dothat.
“So I understand the club to be honest, it was a bit unprofessional but we all knowour positions and we were almost there.
“I understand I have to honour any contract but the club knowI have wanted to leave for some time now.
“They feel I can overcome that but they are not the ones who know their own heart. They believe while I am struggling I can keep performing on the pitch.”
QPR manager Harry Redknapp said he felt sorry for Odemwingie and suggested Junior Hoilett’s decision not to go on loan from QPR to West Brom was one reason why any potential move broke down.
“The whole thing was a bit of amess. I felt genuinely sorry for him. I think there was a mistake. He travelled down and I think he thought the dealwas done and that is why he turned up.
“I think he thought ‘I better getdown, have the medical, sign the forms’ – it was just a mistake. It is now difficult as hehas to go back to West Brom and get on with his life.
“It wasn’t easy. He is not a bad lad, he is a nice, nice boy and that is what disturbed me last night, that he got himself into that situation and there was nothing sort of malicious in it.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/01/west-brom-bans-odemwingie-from-training/

KESHI IS RIGHT BY DROPING THE BENIN BOY
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by elrony(m): 9:09am On Feb 03, 2013
Mtcheeew!!! WBA board are all crazy....so they were all sittin ducks till d shit got on tv....nonsense!!!...if only they too acted professionally by honourin d dude's transfer request,er'body woulda been happy!!!..

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by saint22: 9:24am On Feb 03, 2013
X-factoria:
So the dude is used to being unprofessional? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who are those still blaming Keshi?
Keshi is a failure & even worse than Osaze character wise.by dis time 2moro he should be packing his load back home.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by saint22: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2013
supaeagles: thank goodness this clown is not playing for the super eagles currently.
Thank goodness he is not among this lazy team with a lazy coach.am expecting them back 2moro.mark my words
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2013
it should b obvious d guy z no more interested in west Brom......but y bottom QPR?....
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by MadLion: 9:51am On Feb 03, 2013
obadiah777: WHATS THE BEEF WITH OSAZE ? WHY IS EVERYONE ON HIS NIZZUTS ? I AM NOT FOLLOWING THE STORY BUT IS HE A BUTTWIPE OR ARE THE PEOPLE MESSIN WITH HIM THE BUTTWIPES ?

It seems u r da buttwipe for not following a story n foolishly want to comment. grin grin grin grin grin angry
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by doggshaven: 10:02am On Feb 03, 2013
My friend grow up. Always acting like a 15yr old.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by AdemolaA2: 10:05am On Feb 03, 2013
dangiwa09: He's a typical Nigerian, NO DISCIPLINE! NO HUMILITY! ALWAYS Believing he knows better than anyother person, but in reality he's dumber than everyother person.
.....And who told you typical Nigerians lack discipline and believe they know too much ?Pls, be sensible enough to contribute to topics and if you have nothing sensible to say .. Just keep mute okay..Osaze must have been really frustrated @ westbrom and perhaps he needed to forge ahead to a better club where his efforts would be appreciated the more but his approach to making a move to leave the club is unfortunately wrong. He needs a good advise as to go about transfer saga and all..
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Joeblis(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2013
Its seems you guys didnt get the drift of the whole story..he said his move to west brom was unprofnal, for God sake osaza was bought for just €2.5m he wants a better pay...let him make his way jor

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by jude33084(m): 10:15am On Feb 03, 2013
pboiskinpy: Osaze pray harder...Naija don dump u oo,na only your club be ur last hope oo...anyway u don old shaa#37#

#singing-He is a mighty GOD,the great I AM,Halleluya,Halleluya...and going to church

And you feel person wey naija dump go do badly elsewhere? Soon Victor Moses will be dumped just like Obafemi and Uche Kalu undecided Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† a country that use and dump its players cheesy

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by jude33084(m): 10:25am On Feb 03, 2013
jajajaja828:

KESHI IS RIGHT BY DROPING THE BENIN BOY

Meanwhile it is another Benin boy (Victor Moses)that have given over 150million Nigerian fans hope for playing Ivory coast today undecided

1 Like

Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by Karevwite: 10:37am On Feb 03, 2013
Leadn:

at 37??! Amen sha... for his new business cheesy
oga na 31 ooo!
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by mayorcowboy: 11:02am On Feb 03, 2013
who is Osazi ? is he one the tomato saller in jos or the shoe maker in Aba.
ok is like i know him now, he is selling tukunbo TV in ALABA INT'L MKT. shocked cool grin grin grin
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by jazmartins: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2013
There is nothing concern me with osase here, but Bleep those fools that speak against nigeria may you never reap good things of Nigeria , nobody Bleep with my country no matter what.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by McGeorge1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Leadn:

at 37??! Amen sha... for his new business cheesy
Don't you think Osaze is younger than Taye Taiwo? Think am well na.
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by hugafella(m): 5:14am On Feb 04, 2013
dangiwa09: He's a typical Nigerian, NO DISCIPLINE! NO HUMILITY! ALWAYS Believing he knows better than anyother person, but in reality he's dumber than everyother person.
You are among men the most stoopid! Worse than an infidel. How dare you make a blanket reference to Nigerians in this way? Ur parents raised a BIG COCONUT HEAD!
Re: West Brom Suspends Odenwingie From Training by chiefololade: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
Good for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rafael Benitez To Be Appointed As Chelsea New Boss / Manchester City Vs Aston Villa (3 - 1) On 12th February 2023 / Tottenham Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 2nd October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.