Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU (8336 Views)

My Husband Did Not Support My Re-election – Senator Tinubu / My Husband Did Not Support My Re-election – Senator Tinubu / Senator Tinubu Renders Account In Lagos Central (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoIle1: 3:54am On Feb 03, 2013
Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To Lagos State University

As part of the government’s effort towards improving on the quality of education in Lagos state, a member of the Senate Committee on Education, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, (ACN Lagos Central), recently presented a cheque of N108 million to the Lagos State University (LASU) as grant from Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND).

This was disclosed by the Media Officer of the institution, Jerry Olatunbosun in Lagos.

Olatunbosun said that the money was meant for the development of the institution.

Despite the fact that the university was located outside Senator Remi Tinubu’s constituency, she said she gave the grant as a sign of love.

She said, “The bond between us, the senators representing the state at the National Assembly is a strong one that cannot be thwarted by allocations.

“We agreed on the grant; it could be the turn of another Senatorial district to make concession for my district or another tomorrow.”

The senator commended her colleagues in the Senate, for supporting her in ensuring that the special intervention grant was given to the institution.

Olatunbosun said that Sen. Ganiyu Olarewaju, (ACN Lagos West) accompanied Tinubu to present the
cheque.

He said that the Vice-Chancellor, Professor John Obafunwa, assured that the fund would be spent judiciously.http://www.osundefender.org/?p=92272

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoIle1: 4:12am On Feb 03, 2013
While others are pocketing constituency and committee funds...

Eko o ni baje o
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by braine(m): 4:26am On Feb 03, 2013
Wow! That's a huge sum. Mrs Tinubu you do good oo. People like her know the value of education in her country unlike others who would rather use the money to fund their children's education abroad. Kudos to you ma. smiley

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 03, 2013
Lagos state money given to Lagos state uni
Praise God

Who is being deceived?

13 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Akshow: 4:47am On Feb 03, 2013
babyosisi: Lagos state money given to Lagos state uni
Praise God

Who is being deceived?
atleast she have it back. I dare you to point out any senator in the whole naija that can vomit out such huge sum of money at the risk of their foreign bank account.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Obiora4life: 4:47am On Feb 03, 2013
Oh well, as long as the looted fund is being circulated back into the system, then no problem. grin
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoIle1: 5:09am On Feb 03, 2013
Remi Tinubu to give 650 students scholarships

SENATOR Oluremi Tinubu has announced the launch of the Lagos Central Senatorial Districts’ Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme (PSSS).

The scheme is in line with the manifesto of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), which gives priority to education.

Briefing journalists at the Yaba Local Council Development Area (LCDA) Secretariat in Lagos yesterday, Mrs. Tinubu said 650 students would benefit from the scheme.

On the implementation of the PSSS programme, she said: “We are beginning with the selection of 650 students. Two beneficiaries from each of the five local government areas and eight LCDAs in the Lagos Central Senatorial district are to receive yearly sum of N100, 000 towards financing their university education over a period of four years. In addition, the 624 applicants left will receive a bursary award of N10, 000 each towards defraying the cost of buying their books.”

The lawmaker said once the new academic session begins, fresh students could take their admission letters and credible evidence of registration to the office of their council or LCDA chairman before a preliminary interview process. Each of these 13 offices has been given 50 forms for potential beneficiaries
.http://ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58097:remi-tinubu-to-give-650-students-scholarships&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Rhino5dm: 5:14am On Feb 03, 2013
Bigoted ediots hurriedly posting on anything Lagos. Why can't these ediots concentrate on their region? we have a governor that went AWOL for almost a year now, yet the maggots are here chatting nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoIle1: 5:25am On Feb 03, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Bigoted ediots hurriedly posting on anything Lagos. Why can't these ediots concentrate on their region? we have a governor that went AWOL for almost a year now, yet the maggots are here chatting nonsense.

I'm telling you, these clowns have no shame...

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoAtlantic1(f): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2013
Eko oni baje, never.

Eni to bafe ba Lagos je, village e loma baje.

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by EkoAtlantic1(f): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2013
babyosisi: Lagos state money given to Lagos state uni
Praise God

Who is being deceived?

Erosion ridden akpu eater, repair your village first before you throw insult on city that is a century ahead of yours.

12 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dayokanu(m): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Bros you funny oo.

Wetin you wan make dem dey talk about there?

Erosion, red barren soil, kidnapping, drug trafficking, murder

8 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 03, 2013
Nice move,part of social responsibility after stealing,and depriving the people for a long time,but at least she tried,not everybody can do it.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by yorke1: 10:00am On Feb 03, 2013
Rubbish....not even up to 1% of the money her husband stole. Who is deceiving who?
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by lacasa: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2013
Kudos to her.

The money is Going to education which is a critical sector that will benefit a lot of nigerians in her
State

And yet, some stupid Others r spending 4billion to build missioon house for patience jonas, 5bn for ashewos & 9bn for namadi's house & 2bn for party hall angry

PDP we hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:
Eko oni baje, never.

Eni to bafe ba Lagos je, village e loma baje.
SPEAK ENGLISH MAN!
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by aribisala0(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2013
The money is government money NOT her money. So I do not see why we have to endure all these propaganda.
I suppose this is supposed to pacify those querying her utility as a Senator.
Does any body have a clue about this person's ideas,beliefs or values?

5 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by ami4u(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2013
:DAnd ℓ̊ made it to front page ø̲̣̣̥, bin a long time coming cheesy
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by jorafa(m): 10:08am On Feb 03, 2013
Lagos state money givin to Lagos state uni! Who is being deceived?
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by onatisi(m): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2013
grin grin
nigerians will never learn.
i wont be surprised to see this lady poster campaigning for lagos governorship seat in the nearest future .well let get back to my azonto dancing on kukere levels

3 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by mrkels(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2013
SO his wife is a senator, this country self angry
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Adurangba(f): 10:13am On Feb 03, 2013
Is it not the same stolen funds from Lagos State?
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by bestower: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2013
Kudos to senator tinubu for this developmental programme on education, hopefully the money will go the rite ways and for the schorlarship well i pray the worthy students got it at the end if not diverted to the council chairman loyalists students.If only other senators can emulate this woman i guess our students will be better off.And for haters, pls third mainland bridge is open.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by onatisi(m): 10:19am On Feb 03, 2013
Adura_ngba: Is it not the same stolen funds from Lagos State?
owo abu la nfi se bu ni alejo

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by born2boink(m): 10:21am On Feb 03, 2013
Election time is coming,wonders shall never end, Good work as started to manifest again. mrs. Oluremi Tinubu for governor 2015........... Tinubu for life, even if you do not spend a dime. You are a winning for sure, you have no rival
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2013
" Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND)."

Not from her purse. I WEEP FOR THIS COUNTRY. cry .

It is very pathetic that Nigeria is hopeless with clueless leaders and clueless future leaders. Let me set this straight, TETFUND gave the money and allowed oluremi to present the cheque as a senator representing Lagos state and a member of Senate Committee on education. My God feeling says she was not instrumental 1 bit to the disbursement of the funds.

Read about TETFUND here. She was just a member of the Senate Committee on Education and UI had benefited from the fund even without ACN senator being in the commitee.

http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/

I can understand why southwest works on pages of newspaper alone. Propaganda and cluelessness is the order of the day.

Despite the fact that the university was located outside Senator Remi Tinubu’s constituency, she said she gave the grant as a sign of love.

Eh yah SHE GAVE ? LOL any way, some GEJ likes on Nairaland fell for the crap.
PDP should get credit for this funds but as usual, their media group are bunch of corrupt pot belly fools who have no idea of what their job function is.

7 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by sage2(m): 10:25am On Feb 03, 2013
The campaign for 2015 starts in earnest . Oluremi for Gov. Lagosians has a chance to make history as the first state in Nigeria to elect a female governor. They must not miss it.
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 10:26am On Feb 03, 2013
sage_: The campaign for 2015 starts in earnest . Oluremi for Gov. Lagosians has a chance to make history as the first state in Nigeria to elect a female governor. They must not miss it.

Are you kidding me ? Oluremi Tinubu for Governor for presenting cheque from a federal government grant.

Sycophant.......

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2013
bestower: Kudos to senator tinubu for this developmental programme on education, hopefully the money will go the rite ways and for the schorlarship well i pray the worthy students got it at the end if not diverted to the council chairman loyalists students.If only other senators can emulate this woman i guess our students will be better off.And for haters, pls third mainland bridge is open.

Kudos for what exactly ? For presenting Federal Government Cheque ?

You are a victim of cheap propaganda. Read about tetfund here and stop celebrating mediocrity http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by dammytosh: 10:30am On Feb 03, 2013
braine: Wow! That's a huge sum. Mrs Tinubu you do good oo. People like her know the value of education in her country unlike others who would rather use the money to fund their children's education abroad. Kudos to you ma. smiley

Kudos for what exactly ? For presenting Federal Government Cheque ?

You are a victim of cheap propaganda. Read about tetfund here and stop celebrating mediocrity http://www.tetfund.gov.ng/
Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2013
Some people have not even an iota of Shame, when someone gives a constructive criticism you call that person a 'hater'. @ rhino,dayokanu. Aye yin lo baje ke ise ile awon Igbo, awon olori buruku lasan lasan. Ode meji

2 Likes

Re: Senator Tinubu Presents N108million To LASU by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 03, 2013
@Eko ile, i refrained from Attacking you, becos i presume you to Be 'eko atlantic' a very good friend of mine. Woe betide you, i get to findout u're not her, you'll hate life!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola Vows To Deal With Principal’s Attackers / SERAP Asks Dogara And Others To Resign / Buratai Lauds Ugwuanyi’s Support For Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.