Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes (4767 Views)

Return ‘Arabic Ajami’ To Naira Notes – Muslim Group(MURIC) Urges Buhari! / Too Much Money: This PDP Man Poses With Piles Of Naira Notes - Photo / 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolex(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2006
haha , ya'll talking as if you never loved these parties

me loved them to da bone

Naija is gonna be boring without these things

think !!!
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by WesleyanA(f): 7:43pm On May 06, 2006
bolex:

haha , ya'll talking as if you never loved these parties
me loved them to da bone
Naija is going to be boring without these things
think !!!

I 100% agree with Bolex!

I still think it's a unique part of the Nigerian Culture.

You don't have to do it if you don't want to but if you earn your money as long as your not using it to do something like drugs e.t.c, . . .
You don't have to like it if you don't want.

I don't know why they call Nigeria a "Democratic Republic" because it certainly isn't. At least to me.
It's just like banning Nigerians from wearing certain type of clothing or telling them how to spend their money.
Stupid.

nuggard:

Agreed that this law is not one that directly/ or even indirectly betters the life of the ordinary Nigerian, spraying money and every other thing we subject it to is a reflection of How Indisciplined we are.

How does it reflect Indiscipline? 
You mean to the outside world and developed countries?
That's why many people get rid of their cultures (thinking clothes e.t.c) thinking it reflects backwardness.
We should be proud of who we are rather than being unecessarily self-conscious. Disciple has to do with your morals e.t.c but this party, money thing has to do with Tradition!
Peeing in the street corners or creating a refuse dump in main roads. those are some of the many activities that in my definition reflect indiscipline. (If only the President would do something about that)

Oh,  .  you agree that the law doesn't do anything to improve the Nigerian condition right?
So don't you think this our president should use more of his time and energy in creating laws that actually benefit the society? Like building public Libraries e.t.c?
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolex(m): 11:38pm On May 06, 2006
abi o

annoying how they can cut off what makes me wanna go to parties

parties would be so boring now

Sunny Ade and co. should go against OBj on this

I mean , sunny praises me while ma dad's friends spray me wink

feel me ?

is this not what has been in ma memories for ages now ?

where else in the world can you get such good memories

grand pa is dieing and thinking so so so so so so so sick @ OBJ

am sure i will spray @ his burial

& he wd love it
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bankymi(m): 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2006
What do you feel about the Nigerian senate's rejection of the bill?
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Hotstepper(f): 3:03am On Jun 15, 2006
it is very good, in fact in ma town theyimplemented a law dat during any occasion, u can't invite more dan 1000 ppl
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by gigitte(f): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2006
lol abeg this senate is mad jare, do they know how much i make at this money spraying parties?
if they want to crack down on owambe parties, fine!
dont come and spoil weddings, birthdays and so on of normal ppl lol
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by gigitte(f): 9:03am On Jun 15, 2006
lol abeg this senate is mad jare, do they know how much i make at this money spraying parties?
if they want to crack down on owambe parties, fine!
dont come and spoil weddings, birthdays and so on of normal ppl lol
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolaoni(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2006
Are U a professional dancer or what? Do you make all your incomes from parties?

It is not normal for people to be spraying people. Our culture is just somehow.

I heard of one white lady watching a Naija party film and was asking why they were spraying some people money.

When she was told that it is because of their dancing, she exclaimed: "is this how money is easy to get in Nigeria? then let me go there and start dancing so that i can make so much money."
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by gigitte(f): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2006
ur culture is somehow, as for my own culture, e dey kampe

and no im not a professional dancer, im sure that was obvious from the fact that i said they should crack down on owambe parties. if i were a professional dancer i would make the most money from owambe

i dont think spraying money is all about the money if you think about it, in normal settings not owambe or all these nouveau riche ppl, the denominations are small and the notes are new and crisp not so? its just a symbolic thing, trust ppl to take it to another level of course

i know what the senate is tryna do, but their own is overkill and im not even sure they have the jurisdiction to do that
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolaoni(m): 1:26pm On Jun 16, 2006
Go to a court of law and prove your case then

at least one of your streams of income will be closed when that law is enforced grin
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Seun(m): 2:45am On Jun 21, 2006
I'm glad that the bill was squashed. Unecessary laws limit our freedom to enjoy our lives!
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolaoni(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2006
Why won't it be squashed?

Mantu was shown at a party spraying himself die!

So what else do you expect?
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Ashiwaju(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2006
And acording to that report mantu himself is among those who stayed and promoted that bill. We know them for what they are and ita giwa of all people is sprayed by anada miscreante. What a waste for naija and now you see why ita giwa cried over the death of TTA.
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolaoni(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
no mind all of them. May God help us sha!
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Ashiwaju(m): 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
Yes oo make God help us and make we help our self too, Na we dey responsible for our errors as human, make we no call God for wetin no dey natural, its artificial, human made and it wont be bad if human fix its error
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolaoni(m): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2006
true talk sha

Thatz why we all have to be on ground in 2007. No be mouth alone we go dey make.
it shouldn't be biz as usual again. cool
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Ashiwaju(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2006
No stone would go unturned come 2007, Watch out its going to be the bomb, nigeria and nigerians are well informed this time. The mighty ones shall fall and the kekere sha grow.
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by bolaoni(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
Yes o my broda. Gone are the days when we leave our destiny in the hands of those who don't knwo anything.

Now is the time to wrong the errors of the past! kiss
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 06, 2006
if u ban sprayin of naira notes then we shift to spraying dollars

afterall senators spray dollars at their parties

angry so na me them go use police come dey harrass

owambee continues
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by akara(m): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2007
Its bill was long overdue.
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by spoilt(f): 2:18am On May 06, 2007
fine we'll just spray checks cheques! grin
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by redsun(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2007
It is a brilliant idea,money is for investment not for throwing around in parties,those are cultures we need to change,to begin to see money as means to an end,not an end itself,money is just a printed paper by itself,it's nothing,its real value lies in the resources and the brain power behind it.
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Backslider(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2007
@redsun

This issue should be looked metamorphically. The roots is not money as such We blacks have over centuries grown to be materialistic. Our Crave for Material things so much so that we sold our people to slavery.

We needed to have Simple minded leaders that will take the attention from Material things. Nigeria should save the blacks race from this IDENTITY CRISIS. The Evil in the USA where Rappers are used to sell Clothes Jewelry and EVEN GUNS should stop.

We must Produce more Soludos more Iweala's more Ezekwesilis more Bola Ige. We have to honour the human beings not the materials things.

We should have science fairs that will last for months where the President is the Host. We need to move away from Materialism completely and move to Humanism. Humanism and materialism should be stepping stones and we should not worship any.

If we worship what we create with our hands it is more dangerous and we are not supposed to worship what God made.

My view of Dancing is very different. I believe and know that Dancing is Erotic. Dance is used for prelude to sex. In Some civilisations a girl cant dance infront of her father because it is an abomination. Dance is used for seduction in women while for men it is used to show their strong macho sexism.

Becuase we have very little heroes both religious or Secular we tend to be materialistic.

There are new Heroes that are emerging and we need to look and work better than them.

Tell me of any black great leader that we can export his name from Nigeria and please Show me his monument or anything named after him. There are some but because we dont project the good works we dont have a good leader figure.

All our heroes are in THE TV BECAUSE THE CHILDREN OF THE ELITE ARE TRAINED BY THE TV. THEY LISTEN TO OPRAH 50 CENT TUPAC.

I RESPECT THOSE GUYS THAT CROSS THE DESERT TO LIBYA ( SOME CALL THEM CRIMINAL) BUT YOU HAVE PEOPLE WATCHING DISCOVERY TV

I RESPECT THOSE GUYS THAT ARE STOLE AWAY ON SHIPS THESE ARE GREAT MEN (SOME HAVE TRIED IT SEVERAL TIMES)

CHECK DORA AKUNYILI THAT IS READY TO DIE FOR HER CONVICTION

LOOK AT THE GREAT FARMERS THAT WE HAVE THAT FEED THE NATION WITH HOES AND CUTLASS( They are at war cheap subsidized products from Oversea)

The list goes on and on .
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by chidichris(m): 11:22am On May 08, 2007
he should work together the enforcement of the laws we already have instead of bringing new ones when old ones are not in use.
is the naira notes more important than our democracy which he has turned into a thing of mockery.
can the law on naira notes take care of the damage he had done to electorial system in nigeria.
what happened to the laws which makes aso rock responsible for the provissions of basic facilities and armenities to the citizens of nigeria.
what happens to the laws on money laundary and andy uba. what happens to the laws on possessions of governments properties by individuals as it relates to adedibu and electorial machines.
bill on currency my foot
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by duduyemi: 7:05pm On May 08, 2007
i think this is the stupidest bill ever,,,,,they shud focus more on more serius things like making it illegal for a government official to spray money at an owambe party not the average nigerian.lonng fucking hissssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by platinumnk(f): 4:19am On May 04, 2010
what is an owabe party?
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by Nobody: 4:50am On May 04, 2010
^^ its a yoruba thing- dont worry about it since its not your comfort zone

any particular reason why you resurrected a three year old thread to ask about what you can easily google? Did someone invite you to their party?
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by platinumnk(f): 3:02pm On May 04, 2010
tpia.:

any particular reason why you resurrected a three year old thread to ask about what you can easily google? Did someone invite you to their party?

A simple answer would have just sufficed, instead of stirring dust where there is none.
I just asked a simple question. undecided

Never mind- I dont care anymore.
Re: CBN Bill Bans Spraying Of Naira Notes by freezy(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2010
tpia.:

platinumnk:

A simple answer would have just sufficed, instead of stirring dust where there is none.
I just asked a simple question. undecided

Never mind- I dont care anymore.

Women!

Wonderful creatures, aint they?

They can pick up quarrels outta nothin. . .  grin  grin  grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hierarchy Of The Most Devoloped State In Nigeria___By Beaf. / Pictures: Ph-Enugu Railway Line Alive Again / APC Attacks The Obi Of Onitsha For Not Coming To Greet Buhari At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.