Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Warning About False Prophets And False Prophecy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Warning About False Prophets And False Prophecy (546 Views)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warning About False Prophets And False Prophecy by ACKCITY: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2013
“If any prophet, priest, or anyone else says, ‘I have a prophecy from the Lord,’ I will punish that person along with his entire family. You should keep asking each other, ‘What is the Lord’s answer?’ or ‘What is the Lord saying?’

“But stop using this phrase, ‘prophecy from the Lord’. For people are using it to give authority to their own ideas turning upside down the words of our God, the living God, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.” Jeremiah 23: 34-36
God’s warning to the people about fake prophets and false prophecies

"I have not sent these prophets, yet they run around claiming to speak for me. I have given them no message, yet they go on prophesying. If they had stood before me and listened to me, they would have turned my people from their evil ways and deeds" Jeremiah 23: 21-22

This is true, many prophets predicts about things that are not relevant to their own countries or society. In the old, the prophets of the Old Testament particularly when there is a terrible situation in the country like the issue of Boko Haram threats that Nigeria is facing today. The people run back to the prophet, who in turn goes to God for answer. But our prophets today don?t see anything other than money, and prosperity!

I am telling you the truth, many of these fake pastors and liars will b exposed this year. God will expose their false prophesies because they will prophesy and get into trouble just like many God did not send in the bible got into trouble.

Jeremiah 23: 23-29 says, "Am I a God who is only close at hand 'No I am far away at the same time. Can anyone hide from me a secret place' Am I not everywhere in all heavens and earth" Says the Lord.

"Let these false prophets tell their dreams, but let my true messengers faithfully proclaim my every word. There is a difference between straw and grain!

So if you are doing good and preaching the true word of God without mixing it fake prophesies and obeying everything God has said, God says that there is a difference between you and the fake prophets. A straw is like the waste of the harvested grain. And God is comparing you to the grain while the fake pastor or false prophet is likened to the straw.

"Therefore", says the Lord, "I am against these prophets who steal messages from each other and claim they are from me. I am against these smooth-tongued prophets who say, 'This prophecy is from the Lord!' I am against these false prophets.

"Their imaginary dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people to sin. I did not send or appoint them, and they have no message at all for my people. I, the Lord have spoken! Jeremiah 23: 30-32

God advising the people about fake prophets and prophecies

“Do not listen to these prophets when they prophesy to you, filling you with futile hopes. They are making up everything they say. They do not speak for the Lord!

“They keep saying to those who despise my word (politicians, murderers, corrupt leaders) “Don’t worry! The Lord says you will have peace! And to those who stubbornly follow their own desires, (thieves, liars, haters, gossips, jealous neighbors and friends, schemers, backbiters) they say, ‘No harm will come your way!’

“Have any of these prophets been in the Lord’s presence to hear what he is really saying? Has even one of them cared enough to listen?

“Look! The Lord’s anger bursts out like a storm, a whirlwind that swirls down on the heads of the wicked. The anger of the Lord will not diminish until it has finished all he has planned. In the days to come you will understand all this very clearly” Jeremiah 23: 16-20

Source: http://www.citofgod.com/false-prophets-and-prophecy

(1) (Reply)

Religious Tolerance: Kaduna Must Emulate Muslims, Christians In S’west – Yero’s / Diffrence Between An American And An African / Prophet In Court For Committing Adultery With His Client.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.