Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,360 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? (12846 Views)

A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures / Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / Military Wedding Pictures In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by OperaMini1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
I was in someone's office last week, and I noticed that a particular lady had in display in a board beside her desk, both group and individual pictures of her family members. I just wanted to ask whether such a thing is proper in the office, thanks.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Jellitah: 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
IT IS HER OFFICE. . .YOU ARE 'THE GUEST' AND SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO AS SHE PLEASES IN IT. As long as she does not violate company policies. kiss Just like asking why people should display pictures of their families in their homes? Shioooooooooooooooor!!!

Our locker room is full of family pictures o! If you garrrit and you are proud of what you gat. . .why not! undecided
Christmas cards nko. . . NA COMPETITION. NO E BADU BELLE OR E JOLOSI. . . .Everyone just looks and troways face. . .UNLIKE MOST REEETARDED ENVIOUS NIGERIANS. What da phock ammo do with another person's funky family fotos? undecided JUJU OR WHAT? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew! Abeg, if you fine or wor-wor. . .BLAME YA GOD! kiss

Nothing wrong! It is just a medium of expression and to show what you have to go home to. . . YOUR COMFORT FOOD! I dey display my own well well o! cool

HAVE YOU ENTERED ANY DOCTOR'S OR SOCIAL WORKERS OFFICE LATELY. . . ? HMMM!NA DEGREES AND PICTURE ALBUMS FULL FOR WALL JAGBRATA! Who am I to complain? IT IS NOT MY GADDDEM OFFICE!

Shikena! cool

6 Likes

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
No na Jonathan picture we for put.

2 Likes

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
well different strokes for different folks,but i have seen a man having s-3x with a lady in his office while his wife and childrens picture was displayed on the table.i got to know this because he didnt know that the next office where we were has a small hole that we can see whatever is going on in the next office and vice versae so in his own case it would have been better if he did not display any picture in my own opinion.he used to be the subject of gossip in our office then wink
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
Opera Mini: I was in someone's office last week, and I noticed that a particular lady had in display in a board beside her desk, both group and individual pictures of her family members. I just wanted to ask whether such a thing is proper in the office, thanks.

Nothing wrong with putting your family pictures in your office.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by slimyem: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Anyone can display whatever they like in their office.
Nothing wrong with that.
If you have a beautiful family,you'll pleasure in showing them off and sometimes seeing that picture of them might just be one of those things that keep you going through the daysmiley
Was in a professor's office a few days back.
He not only had display pictures in his office..he had albumscheesy and delights in having his visitor's see his "blessings"..(that's what he called them).wink
To each his own abeg.If you like nor show your own,na una sabi!cheesy
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by victorian(f): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
It's not improper... I actually display my mum and I , hugging each other with our native attire...in a portrait on my desk... smiley it gives me a soothing feeling, that she's there with me, even though she is late..

3 Likes

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by saintvc(m): 3:57am On Feb 04, 2013
Why? A can you hang your boss pics at home? Office is office,home is home

1 Like

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by greatgod2012(f): 5:05am On Feb 04, 2013
Personally, i dont see anything wrong with it.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by aadetoyin(f): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2013
Nothing wrong when its just a few pictures but wen its like ten pictures thats MUCH.

1 Like

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by EfemenaXY: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Opera Mini: I was in someone's office last week, and I noticed that a particular lady had in display in a board beside her desk, both group and individual pictures of her family members. I just wanted to ask whether such a thing is proper in the office, thanks.

Like most of the responses here, I too see nothing wrong with this.

It's not uncommon to find parents using pics of their kids as screensavers on their desktops too.

I think it's cute... cheesy
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
Very Proper..

Your office space is personal and you are encouraged to make it as user friendly as possible as long as it dosent constitute a nuisance to others...
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by tlaret24(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
:/

1 Like

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by tlaret24(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
it helpz 2 scare husband or wife prediators away,
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
Its not conventional, but it does give a clue why you work this damn hard and why you should even work harder.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Scarpon(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
yeas y nt
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by SisiKill1: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sometimes it is not hard to see why many Nigerians are miserable.

We know how to suck the joy out of every single thing...what has displaying pictures of ONE'S family in ONE'S office gotta do with anything, that someone will carry on their head?!!

If we aren't questioning one's right to kiss his significant other in public, we are asking if it is proper for a family to dine out.

If the condemnation of those have been exhausted, we start railing on those people who help their wives sell chinchin or cuff links or how they pray, which church they attend and what kind of car they drive or what side of the bed one gender must sleep.

When that one finishes, we move on to why people shouldn't use BB, Laptop, Android, Notebook etc.

Every single thing has to be dissected because we have convinced ourselves that condemning/question something someone else does automatically makes us more superior.

What happened to live and let live? If you don't wanna display pictures of your family....DON'T but let the person who wants to....do so and stop making a federal case out of it.

Jeez!! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi, why are you bullying the OP? grin grin
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by DeGrace01(m): 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
To me is quit ok, l cherish my family so much that in my car, office, phones, Pc l hv their pictures. Actually i derive alot of pleasure veiwing them anything am less busy cos they are all i got. l dont care about what you think or feel my family is my family simple.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by iyaayi(f): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
Not a bad idea at all! I think it portrays one as a responsible and happy family person.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Wallie(m): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Yes it is proper! Actually, it is almost customary in the US to do so if you have your own "space". I have pictures, certificates and African paintings on my walls and/or desk.

But it is inappropriate to display things that other people might find offensive like the poster of your half-naked model posing on your dream car. grin
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by damiso(f): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
Of course it is It really is not a question of propriety or not.Its individual choice.

I do.And on those days when am assigned the most mind numbing and irritating tasks,i look at my family 's picture on my desk and think at least i get to go home to that.Instantly i feel better
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by nitlad: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
kulyie: well different strokes for different folks,but i have seen a man having s-3x with a lady in his office while his wife and childrens picture was displayed on the table.i got to know this because he didnt know that the next office where we were has a small hole that we can see whatever is going on in the next office and vice versae so in his own case it would have been better if he did not display any picture in my own opinion.he used to be the subject of gossip in our office then wink
undecided
You have a penchant of always being in close proximity to ignoble acts tongue grin

@Topic
What I can deduce is you being jealous/envious of the happiness you see radiating through those pictures because such is allien to you! tongue
I see no reasons for the issue you raised. It's very normal.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by stankezzy: 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
kulyie: well different strokes for different folks,but i have seen a man having s-3x with a lady in his office while his wife and childrens picture was displayed on the table.i got to know this because he didnt know that the next office where we were has a small hole that we can see whatever is going on in the next office and vice versae so in his own case it would have been better if he did not display any picture in my own opinion.he used to be the subject of gossip in our office then wink
this guy complained around december last year that when ever he has a female visitor that you always peep to him through your small window,which you vehemently denied before he called me as another neighbour to warn you.but you are here now admitting it,i will say you either go to him nd apologise or i will show him this your post.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by GoodNigerian: 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
iya ayi: Not a bad idea at all! I think it portrays one as a responsible and happy family person.
Am from Fela family, do I hang his pix? I mean ...
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by SisiKill1: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
ileobatojo: Sisi, why are you bullying the OP? grin grin

Hahaha! It's not like that! cheesy cheesy

It is just annoying to see everything questioned.

Life is too short to be doing pros and cons list for everthing just because of what some gbeboruns will say.

Haba!!

1 Like

Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Hahaha! It's not like that! cheesy cheesy

It is just annoying to see everything questioned.

Life is too short to be doing pros and cons list for everthing just because of what some gbeboruns will say.

Haba!!

Lol! grin grin

Actually, I've been half expecting that the OP will come and tell us the exact reason why he/she found the pictures offensive but he's been a no show.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by ojesymsym: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nothing particularly wrong with it, but in this era of kidnapping, I personally feel that there is no need putting them in harms way.
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by momodub: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
notin bad in it you can even put family picture in wallet or purse its lovely cheesy
Re: Displaying Family Pictures In The Office: Is It Proper? by BeraBera(f): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=14pt] Anything that will keep me happy and motivate me while at work. Of course, glancing at the beautiful faces of my family on my table or wall would surely neutralize any stress or negative emotions [/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Children Throng The Ventura Mall Ibadan For Children's Day / Loosed Vagina / Deji Yesufu: Resolving Marriage Crisis The Governor Ortom Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.