Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? (22116 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by HotieTima(f): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
well it's can be Good when your trying to
have things ur way!! but sometimes i really do piss the crap out of my bebe when i give him the silent treatment
i just don't like to talk too much when i am mad of else the convo will turn nasty.

but i have seem some people taking this method to another level undecided undecided
which even cost them break-ups at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
To be honest am guilty too. But it dont go pass a day with our own. Taking it to the extreem is a big red flag in relationships. We usually talk things out but sometimes when hes in a really bad mood he dont listen and i bring in the silent treatment to bring him back to his senses cuz he can't go one day without talking to me.

6 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
Oh I see, so chicks actually use the silent treatment intentionally. Hmmm I think my chick was taking her to another level before I clipped her wings. At a time she went on it for almost three days, on the third dayn I simply stopped giving her attention.
I eat the stuffs I buy alone without even inviting her, go to wherever I wish. When she said she was leaving I simply went out and hung out at a bar. Surprisingly when I came back, she was still there and tried to talk to me. Hnmmmm na that time I start my own. Now I guess she knows that if she dare use that method again, it will be a perfect reason for a breakup cos I just hate the silent treatment.

25 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
Break up because of it? You probably just looking for a reason.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by gprincess1(f): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
@spart daz unfair nawww....Are u lookin 4 an excuse 2 end d relationshp ;o shocked

@Op i fink silent treatment in rltnshp aint ideal,its beta 2 tlk tinx out
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by kandiikane(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
I hate, hate the silent treatment. I'm a sensitive person says my mum(which I deny grin). It hurts my feelings because I like to talk things through, I hate sleeping with malice in the air. So, for a person like me, it just makes things worse. It makes me just want to kill the person, I swear. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by kross01(m): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
silence can neva b productive in any rltnshp.it myt mke ur partner to yield @ first, but subsequently, it myt nt get d desired result. Trust me, nutyn kills a rltnshp than that(it had cost me one in d past & 've learnt from it).no matter what it is, communication holds d key 2 a blissful rltnshp.

4 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by KINGwax(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
Hotie Tima: well it's can be Good when your trying to
have things ur way!! but sometimes i really do piss the crap out of my bebe when i give him the silent treatment
i just don't like to talk too much when i am mad of else the convo will turn nasty.

but i have seem some people taking this method to another level undecided undecided
which even cost them break-ups at the end of the day.
like me, it can cause more than brk up! It will be break away

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
kandiikane: I hate, hate the silent treatment. I'm a sensitive person says my mum(which I deny grin). It hurts my feelings because I like to talk things through, I hate sleeping with malice in the air. So, for a person like me, it just makes things worse. It makes me just want to kill the person, I swear. undecided

same here
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
Some girls would prefer to hide under the guise of 'mood swings'. Either way, I disapprove of it.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
I do the silent treatment when I am angry so I don't say something I will regret. If you know me well enough, you will understand and when I am calm, I am back to being chatty

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
[size=13pt]Well, there's not wanting to talk, and then there's the silent treatment. When I'm angry, I prefer not talking about the situation any further. Not until I've calmed down and can think without emotions making me say something I'll later regret. I don't give the silent treatment. It's childish. I can't use energy to go out of my way to not talk to someone with the intent of either angering him or getting my way.[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by tellwsdom: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mynd_44: I do the silent treatment when I am angry so I don't say something I will regret. If you know me well enough, you will understand and when I am calm, I am back to being chatty

You na woman- man nau...do u stil need woman in ur life?? sad

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Mynd44: 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
tellwsdom:

You na woman- man nau...do u stil need woman in ur life?? sad
happy new year to you too
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Caracta(f): 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
I do not see anything wrong in the silent treatment, depends on the level and the cause. I prefer it to arguing. It depends on what works for your relationship....at least for the sake of sanity.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by greedie1(f): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
stpat1 pls don't break up wit her pls....

i dont give the silent treatment. i keep to myself instead of saying something i ll later regret, i keep to myself wen im angry and i keep to myself wen im trying to figure out y im kinda depressed..... dats not silent treatment.

i keep to myself for as long as it takes me to stop being angry. i seldom get angry and wen i do, i lyk to relish it. but, i don't give the silent treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Tolexander: 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
dont really use the silent treatment on my gurl anyway cos it pains them to the marrow. Realised this when i always used it for mum when young.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Caracta: I do not see anything wrong in the silent treatment, depends on the level and the cause. I prefer it to arguing. It depends on what works for your relationship....at least for the sake of sanity.

trying to calm down anger is a lil bit different from giving silent treatments. It's different when der's a misunderstanding nd u both 're tyna figure tins out in ur head. But giving silent treatments for 1 or 2 days or more is a big stupidity to me and i hate it with passion. Anybody dt tries it with me, even galfriends can be sure it's a sure path to destroying the relationship. Besides, @caracta, i gbadun ur signature wink

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Op start talking before u miss a penalty o
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Caracta(f): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
alutacontinua:

trying to calm down anger is a lil bit different from giving silent treatments. It's different when der's a misunderstanding nd u both 're tyna figure tins out in ur head. But giving silent treatments for 1 or 2 days or more is a big stupidity to me and i hate it with passion. Anybody dt tries it with me, even galfriends can be sure it's a sure path to destroying the relationship. Besides, @caracta, i gbadun ur signature wink
Oh, i guess i didn't understand the question then. Giving silent treatment for no reason is plain stupidity. For what na? Too childish abeg.

Thanks for liking my siggy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by nifemi16: 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
[color=#770077][/color][email][/email] hmmm, for me I kinda find it really difficult to hide my feelings. I pour out my mind and then we work things out. The moment I decide to use the silent method, it means I am tired of the whole shit, and careless about the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by omiobo: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
It works for me. If your wife is a stubborn dont even try it. It wil cause disaster.
I employ dat method only when i need time to think because my wife wont give me breathing space.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by israel007: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
It's stupid and irresponsible.

I get sick when u see some men giving the silent treatment.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by reeeT(f): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
Silent treatment is never the best.is the reason behind most breakups particularly mine.i was so angry and insulted my bf and all that.i cald 2apologise but he didt pick,sent countless texts sayin am sorry but he didt reply 4like 15days.i finally moved on but he came back begging that he only wanted 2give me the silent treatment.i was mad because he went 2far with it.i couldnt stay with him becos thats typically dumb and wicked. that was the end.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by charlsecy4(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Silent treatment is a barrier to communication.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by kent28: 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
yyoutt
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
People who give silent treatment cant help themselves, they are scared voicing out their hurt may make them look foolish. What makes it annoying is that you do not know WHY they are angry. They just go quiet without any specific incident preceding transition. &its common among melancholic temparaments.

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by vanstanzy(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2013
Two people can't be raising their voices at the same time, that's where the silent treatment is good, to ensure peace.

4 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
reeeT: Silent treatment is never the best.is the reason behind most breakups particularly mine.i was so angry and insulted my bf and all that.i cald 2apologise but he didt pick,sent countless texts sayin am sorry but he didt reply 4like 15days.i finally moved on but he came back begging that he only wanted 2give me the silent treatment.i was mad because he went 2far with it.i couldnt stay with him becos thats typically dumb and wicked. that was the end.
cry
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Osama10(m): 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
My stock in trade. cheesy
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Kissing Someone Else Considered Cheating? / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? / Zip. Download J Hus Big Conspiracy Full Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.