Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? (22119 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by repogirl(f): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
This topic is making me laugh sooo much. I used to be the queen of silent treatment and luckily I have a husband who used to apologise first. He has a very bad mouth, doesnt insult but can say somethings that will touch ones heart and make one mega pissed. In the beginning I was applying the silent treatment technique because i wasnt much of a talker, my words were not as painful as his and although insults go through my head I cant bring myself to insult him so instead I used to ignore him. Whenever he calmed down, he would apologise but these days the guy sef don learn, if I ignore him, He ignores me back especially if he thinks I'm at fault. When I see he's like that, I grudgingly makeup and tell him to stop the bad habit. Silent treatment is for women not men but when he's at fault, I can hold on to my silent treatment for a long time until he apologises, which he does when he knows he has really wronged me. If he thinks he hasnt done anything wrong and is ignoring me too, then I'm forced to tell him where he went wrong and we forget about it. Sometimes I do talk back harshly but not anything he cant recover from, lol. Silent treatment isnt the best sha, it really pains me to ignore him.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
Yea a chick used to be like that, every time she wants to use the silent treatment. This rubbish increased on every occasion that at a time she was silent and avoided me for 3 days in my own house. On the third day, I decided to ignore her cos I read a different meaning to that action. The 3rd day I bought the food I would eat, brought it home and eat it without even inviting her. I went to bed after browsing for sometime, she dashed off to the next room probably thinking I would come talk to her, for where I bone. The next day I hurriedly dashed out of the house and came back again with my dinner again. Nobody told her to kneel and apologise cos I was ready for the worse.

Eni afesun ton fepo para

Why would not talk to the one u claim to love for 2 days? No matter what he must done (most times the reasons don't even warrant it).

For I prefer we talk about issues and thrash it that one chick forming as if without her I'm doomed.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by gprincess1(f): 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
@Spat u sexybash's boifrend shocked shocked
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sexybash(f): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
gprincess1: @Spat u sexybash's boifrend shocked shocked
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by gprincess1(f): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
sexybash: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Lolzzzz...U ehn!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sexybash(f): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
gprincess1:
Lolzzzz...U ehn!
may be corner stone tongue
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by coolitdown: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
black_beau: It can be a perfect tool sometimes,you just need to know when to use it and when not to.

How can u say that...its a very bad traits...I will advice u To Do away with.....that's if u possesses such...
I rest my case
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
sexybash: may be corner stone tongue

grin grin

Corner stone insurance
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sexybash(f): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
Vikin:

grin grin

Corner stone insurance
you know nah lol
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 05, 2013
I can only give silent treatment for some hours. I can't keep it up. Whatever is bothering me I believe in communication. I can't keep it inside me. Life is too short to fight with the one you love. Too damn short!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by TLore(m): 3:29am On Feb 05, 2013
Like I heard somewhere:

"I'd rather do nothing with you than do anything without you."

Now, THAT IS LOVE.

Silent treatment, all it does is make a problem worse.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Crazybabe(f): 5:03am On Feb 05, 2013
Very BAD.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Vires: 9:56am On Feb 05, 2013
the problem with silent treatment is If you suceed in "punishing" your partner the first or second time, you would soon make it a habit.
From being a habit, it becomes d norm, you get so use to it, it finally destroys your relationship

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Vires: the problem with silent treatment is If you suceed in "punishing" your partner the first or second time, you would soon make it a habit.
From being a habit, it becomes d norm, you get so use to it, it finally destroys your relationship

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by stpat1(m): 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
gprincess1: @Spat u sexybash's boifrend shocked shocked

Is that the topic of the thread?
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
stpat1:

Is that the topic of the thread?
Yes Patrick! dat is d topic o! u never jam! I'll stalk ya life for dis nl. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
O_o!!the dog is back? Whoo let the dog out? ?wuuhh!!wwuhh!!

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
na ur entire familia b dog! woof woof! cool
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
What happened?were you on "sabbatical leave" or what? Muahahaha!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by chelseaguy: 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
NnekaGirl: What happened?were you on "sabbatical leave" or what? Muahahaha!!!! cheesy

I said it! You got an axe to grind cheesy Anyways, only the weak allow the actions of others to influence them for the worse ( that's to distractors level).

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
chelseaguy:

I said it! You got an axe to grind cheesy Anyways, only the weak allow the actions of others to influence them for the worse ( that's to distractors level).

Hunh??what r u talkin‘ about? Confused. ..
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
chelseaguy:

Word! d "IT" is pained... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Got somebody to help? ?Loooser!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
u liking ya own post? azzhole!

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Buahahahahah how are you so sure miss "sabbatical leave" or should I say "Chelseaguy" oops!

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by chronique(m): 1:37am On Feb 06, 2013
Well,I'm the kinda guy who likes peae n can't stand strife or malice. I like to talk things through & get it off my chest. If I decide to keep quiet n not talk,chances are we're about breaking up.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by KateSpade(f): 5:41am On Feb 06, 2013
I hate it. I understand being quiet until you calm down but ignoring someone for days I can't stand it, seems childish.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sexybash(f): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2013
NnekaGirl: Got somebody to help? ?Loooser!! cheesy
do you need to insult some one to proove your own point i doubt smiley smiley let love reign

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by abifoluwa: 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
redcliff: [size=20pt]what woud you guys think of someone who gives his chick the silent treatment for a month and a week grin grin grin *covering face*[/size]
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
sexybash:
do you need to insult some one to proove your own point i doubt smiley smiley let love reign

Did I insult you? How about you just look with your eyes since you don't really know what's going on? Thankyou!
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2013
haba Nneka and Idowu na wetin dey make una dey fight?
i hope idowu no snatch ur boyfriend ooo
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
lefulefu: haba Nneka and Idowu na wetin dey make una dey fight?
i hope idowu no snatch ur boyfriend ooo

That old hag snatch my man? ?LMAO! !you very funny ... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? / When A Lady Says You Are Choking Me. What Does It Mean? / Things Women Want In A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.