Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? (3371 Views)

Modern Technology And How They Existed In The Biblical Era / Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
MY good People, i have been pondering over this in the church today and I was wondering who could have been the most powerful man of God in that time even till now,perhaps One whose presence of God's Anointing was really felt?
I was like could it be Elisha or moses Or Elijah or Peter, exception of Jesus Christ our Lord And Saviour which we all Know is Our Lord of Lords, I mean as per normal Human being
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by victorD3: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2013
David

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by akinvest(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
Apart 4rm LORD JESUS CHRIST d gr8test & powerfu man of GOD in Bible is John d baptist (Matt. 11: 11.
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by OmoAlata(f): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
If I was forced to choose one, I'd say Elijah smiley
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by enilove(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
It was David.He was king ,a prophet, warrior that never lost any battle.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
Wow? Someone said John the baptist- I might qo with your answer ooo, even my Brother said its John but he hardly performs miracle then as Others did
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by DonaldGenes(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
enilove: It was David.He was king ,a prophet, warrior that never lost any battle.
Taaaaah! David can't be nah? You sef think am well,Tho He was usually call the Man after God's Heart
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by Ndipe(m): 5:08am On Feb 04, 2013
Jesus Christ!!!

Followed by John the Baptist.

But one question: Was Moses a greater prophet than John the Baptist?
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by DonaldGenes(m): 6:09am On Feb 04, 2013
Ndipe: Jesus Christ!!!

Followed by John the Baptist.

But one question: Was Moses a greater prophet than John the Baptist?

Apart from Jesus Christ Our Lord,I mean just normal people like us,Jesus christ is Our Saviour,Our Lord,Our King,Our. Redeemer,We all know that one,I mean normal people
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by F00028: 6:42am On Feb 04, 2013
Melchisedech!
no father, no mother, no beginning or end to his life -Heb. 7:3
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2013
Omo as far as am concerned Paul ohhhhh, Paul was on another level as a teacher!!!

His teachings were almost as great as that of Jesus, in fact if it wasn't because Jesus laid the foundation he built on, I would have said that he was greater than Jesus!

But I think you guyz might want to say Elijah Cuz he had Fire Balls n he was a Fire bender, Someone might say Moses cuz he was a water bender,

As we all know Jesus can't control all the forces, so he was the Avatar!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by onetrack(m): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2013
In terms of temporal power, Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire would be the most powerful person mentioned in the Bible. In addition to building the largest empire in the world, he is referred to in the Bible as a "messiah" for freeing the Jews from Babylonian captivity, hence, he is considered a man of god as well.
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by akinvest(m): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
Beloved, Christ Himself confarmed d gr8nest of John d baptist as a gr8test man on Earth.
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
F00028: Melchisedech!
no father, no mother, no beginning or end to his life -Heb. 7:3
Wow, I have never heard of such man before,okay I qotta read through that portion of the bible to see for myself
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2013
onetrack: In terms of temporal power, Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire would be the most powerful person mentioned in the Bible. In addition to building the largest empire in the world, he is referred to in the Bible as a "messiah" for freeing the Jews from Babylonian captivity, hence, he is considered a man of god as well.
Where can I see the chapter pls?
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by onetrack(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes:
Where can I see the chapter pls?

Isaiah 45:1-3 "45 Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel"
Re: Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? by greatgenius: 9:35pm On Feb 04, 2013
JESUS

(1) (Reply)

How Did They Do The BIBLE? (BIBLIOGY) / How To Overcome Temptations / South African Pastor Lesego Makes Members Eat Grass (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.