Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us (812 Views)

Emmanuel Eboue Apologises and Congratulates Nigerians / We ‘ll Eat Nigeria Like Super Fried Chickens, Ivorian Eboue Boasts / Emmanuel Eboue Insults Super Eagles And Nigeria On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
Eboue: Eagles Surprised Us

Emmanuel Eboue praises Nigeria after AFCON 2013 win

Ivory Coast midfielder defender Emmanuel Eboue says his side were surprised by the style and determination of the Super Eagles in Sunday’s quarterfinal in Rustenburg.

Tournament favourites Ivory Coast were upset 2-1 by a young Nigerian side at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, and Eboue says his side were left stunned.

“I have to say Nigeria surprised us. The way they played, the way they passed the ball. They defended as a team and did not break their formation. I have to give credit to Stephen Keshi and Daniel Amokachi for the kind of team they have built.”

Eboue, who has been the subject of controversy because of tweets from an impostor, says he wishes the Super Eagles the best.

"I think they are good enough to win it if they play like this and I wish them all the best.

"They are my brothers and I would never say bad things about them. That person has been doing that for a long time. I don't have twitter or Facebook. I only use Skype."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/32658/emmanuel-eboue-praises-nigeria-after-afcon-2013-win
Re: Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by azeeza(f): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
Superstory!
Re: Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by bigtt76(f): 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
Yea... they expected Tastee Fried Super Chicken but go instead Kentucky Fried Chicken... kpeleeee o!
Re: Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by econome(m): 11:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
Things Of Life
Re: Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by onatisi(m): 11:18pm On Feb 03, 2013
it took him a defeat in the hands of the super eagles to deny that twitter account ,well judging from his performance his days as a national team player is numbered
Re: Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by laykhorn(m): 11:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
How come he didn't deny that twitter account until now that they were beaten?
Lesson: always respect ur opponent, no matter how small or an underdog he may be
Re: Eboue: Nigeria Surprised Us by omo9ja1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
yeye guy if it was the other way round he would have come bold laughing

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Gabon->8:30pm / Official 2013 Summer Transfer Window Thread / Mystery Symbols In Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.