Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

“He That Overcometh” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “He That Overcometh” (669 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“He That Overcometh” by ichuka(m): 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
He that overcometh,I will give..(Rev3:21,2:7)
Here, we see the Overcomers have their function to be God's vantage ground in a day of widespread spiritual declension and failure, to be vantage points, that upon which God can act and say. Here is my THOUGHT positively expressed; here is the THING that I am after! 'That is the function of the Overcomers, to be to God like. that. ‘Here is the thing ’(God is saying); ‘look at this..... look at Christ and you have what I am after, what My MIND is!' The Overcomers is for that.
God's thought concerning His Church is that it should be gathered out of the nations, slowly but surely formed into a Bride worthy of giving to His Son as a gift, without spot or blemish or any such thing - given to Christ as His bride to be for Him the instrument, the agency, of filling and fulfilling the coming Kingdom throughout the ages. That is God's thought about the Church. Can we say that that is being realized in any commensurate way? NO, but God holds to His thought and He seeks an inner company whom we are calling an Overcomer Company to stand for Him in this service, to be a link between Him and His full thought in His people, and to be that instrument for the realization of His full thought, to serve Him, to see His face. To be to His Son the agency of filling the Kingdom and fulfilling the Kingdom in the days to come. That is tremendous service. It is unto that that the Overcomers are called.
If we want to be in the work of the Lord, if we want to be the Lord's servants, it is not given to a special class called Ministers and Missionaries. It is to a whole company, to every one who overcomes. ''He that overcometh, I will give to him to sit down with Me in My throne'' (Rev. 3:21); ''...will I give to eat of the tree of life" (Rev. 2:7)...
Re: “He That Overcometh” by ichuka(m): 12:13pm On May 27, 2013
They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 12:11)

There are so many of the Lord's people today over whom Satan is lording it; lording it along the line of accusation, bringing them under a sense of condemnation and judgment, robbing them of their peace, of their assurance, rest, hope; and you will find these people are everlastingly talking about their own short-comings, their sinfulness; they are forever circling round themselves, all that they are that they would not be, all that they are not that they would be. Their deliverance from Satan is that they should have a fresh apprehension of the absolute satisfaction of the Father in His Son on their behalf, and that they find their standing before the Father in acceptance. That is the way of deliverance, the way of the Adversary's casting out. This is the way of overcoming him as the Accuser. Yes, the ground of the Blood is sufficient for this full-orbed, many-sided, all-round victory. "They overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb," and the first and supreme factor in the virtue of that Blood in all these directions, is its untainted sinlessness, the nature of the Lord Jesus. There has never been another who was such.

Oh, I am so glad that it was God that came in Christ, GOD that came in Christ. Can you charge God with sin? Can you lay sin to God's charge, to God's account? It was God in Christ, the absolutely and altogether holy One in whom there was no sin, who came in incarnation; and in virtue of that Divine nature in its perfection Satan in his authority is defeated - on that ground. Blessed be God! We receive by faith the virtue of that precious Blood; that is, the perfection of the Lord Jesus can be put to our account. That is grace - the wonder of the Gospel. If we were to begin to analyze ourselves and take stock of ourselves, that would be a terrible business, a wretched business, and it would be endless - think of it, beloved, with all that we know of ourselves, all that God knows about us - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart. I try the reins...." Though all that be a fact, y ou and I can stand now in the presence of God as sinlessly perfect, not in ourselves, but in Christ, as having absolute sinless perfection put to our account by God.
Re: “He That Overcometh” by ichuka(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. (Revelation 2:17)
God always keeps the revelation of Himself in Christ bound up with practical situations. You and I can never get revelation other than in connection with some necessity. We cannot get it simply as a matter of information. That is information, that is not revelation. We cannot get it by studying. When the Lord gave the manna in the wilderness (a type of Christ as the Bread from heaven), He stipulated very strongly that not one fragment more than the day's need was to be gathered, and that if they went beyond the measure of immediate need, disease and death would break out and overtake them. The principle, the law, of the manna, is that God keeps revelation of Himself in Christ bound up with practical situations of necessity, and we are not going to have revelation as mere teaching, doctrine, interpretation, theory, or anything as a thing, which means that God is going to put you and me into situations where only the revelation of Christ can help us and save us....
Now then, that is why the Lord would keep us in situations which are acute, real. The Lord is against our getting out on theoretical lines with truth, out on technical lines. Oh, let us shun technique as a thing in itself and recognize this, that, although the New Testament has in it a technique, we cannot merely extract the technique and apply it. We have to come into New Testament situations to get a revelation of Christ to meet that situation. So that the Holy Spirit's way with us is to bring us into living, actual conditions and situations, and needs, in which only some fresh knowledge of the Lord Jesus can be our deliverance, our salvation, our life, and then to give us, not a revelation of truth, but a revelation of the Person, new knowledge of the Person, that we come to see Christ in some way that just meets our need. We are not drawing upon an "it," but upon a "Him."

(1) (Reply)

The Threat Of Islam.colonialism And Catholicism / I Wish I Can Go And Live On Another Planet / Mysterious Disease With-symptoms Of Demonic Possession striking Young Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.