Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare (877 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Two Ministers That Can Save Nigeria. / I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by justmythought: 4:05am On Feb 04, 2013
THE General Overseer of Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said the only way Nigeria can grow and develop is to carry out a total cleansing, “the type that happened in Ghana.”

Speaking at a press conference Sunday, Bakare said those who put the country in its present mess would not escape when God arrives to do the cleansing.

“We need the Ghana treatment to send shock waves down the spines of everybody so that people would tip-toe when going into public office,” he said, enthusing that it remained “how God will do it.”

In a message titled “The Head that refuses a life-giving rebuke will be thrown down the cliff of perdition”, Bakare expressed regret that the present administration has missed the right path long before now. “Until good governance is in place and credible people are not discouraged from playing clean politics, things would not change.”

On the allegation by former Minister of Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, at a lecture that the government squandered foreign reserves running to several billions of dollars, Bakare berated the government’s spokesmen and the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) for chasing the shadow and leaving the substance.

He said the CAN leadership failed to address the real issue on corruption but was chasing shadow. According to him, “CAN is expected to serve as the voice for the voiceless but it has turned itself into government appendage. It was the re-tweeting of figurative expression of Malam Nasir el-Rufai that the agents of diversion have latched onto in order to take our focus from the fundamental issues Ezekwesili raised and to which they have no answer.”

He said rather than the government giving a lucid, reasoned and mature response to Ezekwesili, “it went into all manner of tirades against her person, virulently attacking the messenger while ignoring the message. This puerile approach must have incensed many Nigerians with sense of decency and propriety in public affairs.”

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112415:only-ghana-style-of-cleansing-can-save-nigeria-says-bakare&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

1 Like

Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by justmythought: 4:08am On Feb 04, 2013
Here we go again...I hope am not the only person observing this preacher of doom who doesn’t understand the grave implications of his utterances. Yes, some might hold my views are myopic, concurring the Nigerian situation needs to degenerate to rebuild--I think not.

With such irresponsible utterances coming from a respected MOG (daddy this, daddy that), It’s a shame to see what the minds of our leaders, albeit religious are like. The country is sitting on a time bomb like never before where an implosion is possible by the slightest spark. Our unemployed youths who are tirelessly trying to build industries out of nothing (entertainment, ICT, commerce and sadly, Fraud) are the ones you are inciting here without knowing it (All though you claim not to know how God will do it). It’s you generation, most of which have benefitted from the best Nigeria has offered in history (quality education, efficiently run institutions, scholarships and bursaries, career guidance and counselling, well funded foreign training, enabling environment, functioning institutions, relative peace and security, positive national image, etc.), yet you "SPOILT BRATS" have yet learnt to do what is right.

You made mention of so-called MOG's being sent to jail, I expected you to honourably seek asylum at the Kiri-Kiri resorts the Monday after your statements to lead by example, but then, you didn't.

You have prophesied elections would be held in 2014, for who? by who?. If you guys got the ticket in the last elections would you say same? I wonder. Would you have turned Nigeria around so miraculously? (Fasting and praying!) or may be changed our national mind set, Now Now? I doubt.

Going by your recipe for nation building, first, a country of vast oil resources as Nigeria going up in revolution would play to the hands of energy hungry nations who would ensure the case gets worse for their benefits and who suffers, yes, the masses. The loss of innocent lives, destruction of assets, economic stagnation and extensive image depletion which will follow certainly puts us in a situation we as Nigerians certainly don't need. Countries that have played host to the Arab spring are still suffering from the implications of local and continent-wide arms proliferation as well as infrastructure erosion to name a few (CIP: the Mali saga was fuelled or sustained at least, by arms from Algeria Militia groups--with an averted spill over effect into Nigeria, or so we hope).

Another Sir, some of these said bad guys have sufficient funds to sustain unrests not just between communities but states in Nigeria, this they would do to buy time while they attempt to re-strategise or run away, again who suffers? guessed right, the masses.

On the international scene, commodity prices would soar. If Nigerian oil fields "catch fire", the world is in trouble. yes who suffers? the poor masses world over.

Like never before in our history as a nation, our democratic institutions are getting stronger. Yes, they are. While opposition is gathering momentum and quickly too, Nigerians are beginning to understand the principles and functionality of democracy. The so called super powers have taken years of endless errors to be where they are today. Someday soon, we would take our place with minimal or leastways targeted loss of lives.

As for the yesterday's and today's Boys or, sorry men! we the tomorrow leaders are happy to take our fight to the polls in the coming election. It wouldn't be easy, yes we know, but certainly not business as usual.

You and those in your circle have Visas and available funds to get out when it all goes up in flames. You would all retreat to your existing and new homes abroad, only to watch CNN and Al-jazeera with pop-corn in hand.

I put it to you Sir, If you Mr Bakare so desire a Ghana style cleansing, you have a great option before you...You can send that your unruly son on a course to learn how to snipe or suicide bomb where he can do us all proud (in your view), or even you can learn to use long range sniper guns and take these "Destructively Wealthy leaders" out for us without broadcasting your plans.

In all Sir, with absolute and exclusive eroding respect, you either Do It Yourself or SHUT UP!

Yours in truth,
Comrade Audacious bin Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by peckhamboi: 4:27am On Feb 04, 2013
justmythought: Here we go again...I hope am not the only person observing this preacher of doom who doesn’t understand the grave implications of his utterances. Yes, some might hold my views are myopic, concurring the Nigerian situation needs to degenerate to rebuild--I think not.

You are either being disingenuous or irredeemably stu.pid for you to condemn what Bakare said, Nigeria is a complete joke and needs total overhauling and I laugh at you if you think Nigeria is moving forward. I went home last year and could not but shed some tears for how far the country has regressed. I will even go further than what Bakare said, all the cabals need to be executed for the country to have any hope of moving forward.
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by justmythought: 4:30am On Feb 04, 2013
peckhamboi:

You are either being disingenuous or irredeemably stu.pid for you to condemn what Bakare said, Nigeria is a complete joke and needs total overhauling and I laugh at you if you think Nigeria is moving forward. I went home last year and could not but shed some tears for how far the country has regressed. I will even go further than what Bakare said, all the cabals need to be executed for the country to have any hope of moving forward.

thank you for your observation. Its Obvious Peckham is more peaceful and would remain after the revolution solicited. I wish you well "Peckham boi"
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by warrior01: 6:48am On Feb 04, 2013
why is this man so blood thirsty? Everything about him reeks of hypocrisy and violence. I wonder who takes him serious these days.
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by ITbomb(m): 7:11am On Feb 04, 2013
Ok, we have heard and agree , so now
Give us the list. Who goes first
#TALKISCHEAP
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 04, 2013
Who will be the captain of the Nigerian revolution team?? Easier said than done pastor. Ok buy gun, explosive and jet fighters for the youths so that the revokution will commence. Pastor those people you decieved easly had long died. We rather speak with our vote than to cleans in any other method which some people will tribalise and use against the group being marginalised in the country today. ThankGod nobody wants to die for a failed marriage called Nigeria. Even lord lunatic who instituted the marriage is now being flog in the grave by Awolowo,Tafabelewa, Azikiwe, ojukwu,Abiola,Abacha,Sarowiwa,Fela,Ironsi and other late Nigerians including my Papa

1 Like

Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by kuluTemper: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2013
WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR POINT HERE?

Allow thieves to rape your wife and daughters because you are scared they may shoot them if you resist? Why do you have to suggest he send his "unruly son" to learn how to kill? Make a point and stop being sentimental!!

justmythought: Here we go again...I hope am not the only person observing this preacher of doom who doesn’t understand the grave implications of his utterances. Yes, some might hold my views are myopic, concurring the Nigerian situation needs to degenerate to rebuild--I think not.

With such irresponsible utterances coming from a respected MOG (daddy this, daddy that), It’s a shame to see what the minds of our leaders, albeit religious are like. The country is sitting on a time bomb like never before where an implosion is possible by the slightest spark. Our unemployed youths who are tirelessly trying to build industries out of nothing (entertainment, ICT, commerce and sadly, Fraud) are the ones you are inciting here without knowing it (All though you claim not to know how God will do it). It’s you generation, most of which have benefitted from the best Nigeria has offered in history (quality education, efficiently run institutions, scholarships and bursaries, career guidance and counselling, well funded foreign training, enabling environment, functioning institutions, relative peace and security, positive national image, etc.), yet you "SPOILT BRATS" have yet learnt to do what is right.

You made mention of so-called MOG's being sent to jail, I expected you to honourably seek asylum at the Kiri-Kiri resorts the Monday after your statements to lead by example, but then, you didn't.

You have prophesied elections would be held in 2014, for who? by who?. If you guys got the ticket in the last elections would you say same? I wonder. Would you have turned Nigeria around so miraculously? (Fasting and praying!) or may be changed our national mind set, Now Now? I doubt.

Going by your recipe for nation building, first, a country of vast oil resources as Nigeria going up in revolution would play to the hands of energy hungry nations who would ensure the case gets worse for their benefits and who suffers, yes, the masses. The loss of innocent lives, destruction of assets, economic stagnation and extensive image depletion which will follow certainly puts us in a situation we as Nigerians certainly don't need. Countries that have played host to the Arab spring are still suffering from the implications of local and continent-wide arms proliferation as well as infrastructure erosion to name a few (CIP: the Mali saga was fuelled or sustained at least, by arms from Algeria Militia groups--with an averted spill over effect into Nigeria, or so we hope).

Another Sir, some of these said bad guys have sufficient funds to sustain unrests not just between communities but states in Nigeria, this they would do to buy time while they attempt to re-strategise or run away, again who suffers? guessed right, the masses.

On the international scene, commodity prices would soar. If Nigerian oil fields "catch fire", the world is in trouble. yes who suffers? the poor masses world over.

Like never before in our history as a nation, our democratic institutions are getting stronger. Yes, they are. While opposition is gathering momentum and quickly too, Nigerians are beginning to understand the principles and functionality of democracy. The so called super powers have taken years of endless errors to be where they are today. Someday soon, we would take our place with minimal or leastways targeted loss of lives.

As for the yesterday's and today's Boys or, sorry men! we the tomorrow leaders are happy to take our fight to the polls in the coming election. It wouldn't be easy, yes we know, but certainly not business as usual.

You and those in your circle have Visas and available funds to get out when it all goes up in flames. You would all retreat to your existing and new homes abroad, only to watch CNN and Al-jazeera with pop-corn in hand.

I put it to you Sir, If you Mr Bakare so desire a Ghana style cleansing, you have a great option before you...You can send that your unruly son on a course to learn how to snipe or suicide bomb where he can do us all proud (in your view), or even you can learn to use long range sniper guns and take these "Destructively Wealthy leaders" out for us without broadcasting your plans.

In all Sir, with absolute and exclusive eroding respect, you either Do It Yourself or SHUT UP!

Yours in truth,
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by justmythought: 9:35am On Feb 04, 2013
kuluTemper: WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR POINT HERE?

Allow thieves to rape your wife and daughters because you are scared they may shoot them if you resist? Why do you have to suggest he send his "unruly son" to learn how to kill? Make a point and stop being sentimental!!

Simply put,the message... "The errand he cannot send his own flesh, he shouldn't offer to us".please take a note of "in his view" in brackets after the statement. thanks for seeking clarification instead of shooting insults. am grateful.
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by PointB: 10:03am On Feb 04, 2013
How about an Elijah, who will cleanse Nigeria of all the fake prophets, fake teachers, and fake pastors? The types that predict doom for a sitting president year in, year out, yet nothing happens. The types that tell Nigeria that someone is not a messiah, then do a 180 degree turn to attempt foisting such on Nigeria. Oh Lord send us and Elijah to rid us of prophets, teachers, and pastor who demand blood sacrifices, by encouraging coups, and bloodletting for their own selfish benefit!

Oh God, send an Elijah NOW to rid us of prophets of Baah, such as BAAHkare!
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by PointB: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2013
warrior01: why is this man so blood thirsty? Everything about him reeks of hypocrisy and violence. I wonder who takes him serious these days.

Let's thank God for the modicum of christianity in him due to his conversion. Were he to have remain in his former religion, I have no doubt, the guy would have become a Shekarua (?) with AK47 and suicide vest strapped followers.

I pity those who go to his church every sunday only to be filled with hate and venom. Very sad!
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by Uwakuwak(f): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
justmythought: Here
we go again...I hope am not the only person observing this preacher of
doom who doesn’t understand the grave implications of his utterances.
Yes, some might hold my views are myopic, concurring the Nigerian
situation needs to degenerate to rebuild--I think not.

With such irresponsible utterances coming from a respected MOG (daddy
this, daddy that), It’s a shame to see what the minds of our leaders,
albeit religious are like. The country is sitting on a time bomb like
never before where an implosion is possible by the slightest spark. Our
unemployed youths who are tirelessly trying to build industries out of
nothing (entertainment, ICT, commerce and sadly, Fraud) are the ones you
are inciting here without knowing it (All though you claim not to know
how God will do it). It’s you generation, most of which have benefitted
from the best Nigeria has offered in history (quality education,
efficiently run institutions, scholarships and bursaries, career
guidance and counselling, well funded foreign training, enabling
environment, functioning institutions, relative peace and security,
positive national image, etc.), yet you "SPOILT BRATS" have yet learnt
to do what is right.

You made mention of so-called MOG's being sent to jail, I expected you
to honourably seek asylum at the Kiri-Kiri resorts the Monday after your
statements to lead by example, but then, you didn't.

You have prophesied elections would be held in 2014, for who? by who?.
If you guys got the ticket in the last elections would you say same? I
wonder. Would you have turned Nigeria around so miraculously? (Fasting
and praying!) or may be changed our national mind set, Now Now? I doubt.

Going by your recipe for nation building, first, a country of vast oil
resources as Nigeria going up in revolution would play to the hands of
energy hungry nations who would ensure the case gets worse for their
benefits and who suffers, yes, the masses. The loss of innocent lives,
destruction of assets, economic stagnation and extensive image depletion
which will follow certainly puts us in a situation we as Nigerians
certainly don't need. Countries that have played host to the Arab spring
are still suffering from the implications of local and continent-wide
arms proliferation as well as infrastructure erosion to name a few
(CIP: the Mali saga was fuelled or sustained at least, by arms from
Algeria Militia groups--with an averted spill over effect into Nigeria,
or so we hope).

Another Sir, some of these said bad guys have sufficient funds to
sustain unrests not just between communities but states in Nigeria, this
they would do to buy time while they attempt to re-strategise or run
away, again who suffers? guessed right, the masses.

On the international scene, commodity prices would soar. If Nigerian oil
fields "catch fire", the world is in trouble. yes who suffers? the poor
masses world over.

Like never before in our history as a nation, our democratic
institutions are getting stronger. Yes, they are. While opposition is
gathering momentum and quickly too, Nigerians are beginning to
understand the principles and functionality of democracy. The so called
super powers have taken years of endless errors to be where they are
today. Someday soon, we would take our place with minimal or leastways
targeted loss of lives.

As for the yesterday's and today's Boys or, sorry men! we the tomorrow
leaders are happy to take our fight to the polls in the coming election.
It wouldn't be easy, yes we know, but certainly not business as usual.

You and those in your circle have Visas and available funds to get out
when it all goes up in flames. You would all retreat to your existing
and new homes abroad, only to watch CNN and Al-jazeera with pop-corn in
hand.

I put it to you Sir, If you Mr Bakare so desire a Ghana style cleansing,
you have a great option before you...You can send that your unruly son
on a course to learn how to snipe or suicide bomb where he can do us all
proud (in your view), or even you can learn to use long range sniper
guns and take these "Destructively Wealthy leaders" out for us without
broadcasting your plans.

In all Sir, with absolute and exclusive eroding respect, you either Do
It Yourself or SHUT UP!

Yours in truth,
YOU ARE TOO MUCH.
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by Uwakuwak(f): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
justmythought: Here
we go again...I hope am not the only person observing this preacher of
doom who doesn’t understand the grave implications of his utterances.
Yes, some might hold my views are myopic, concurring the Nigerian
situation needs to degenerate to rebuild--I think not.

With such irresponsible utterances coming from a respected MOG (daddy
this, daddy that), It’s a shame to see what the minds of our leaders,
albeit religious are like. The country is sitting on a time bomb like
never before where an implosion is possible by the slightest spark. Our
unemployed youths who are tirelessly trying to build industries out of
nothing (entertainment, ICT, commerce and sadly, Fraud) are the ones you
are inciting here without knowing it (All though you claim not to know
how God will do it). It’s you generation, most of which have benefitted
from the best Nigeria has offered in history (quality education,
efficiently run institutions, scholarships and bursaries, career
guidance and counselling, well funded foreign training, enabling
environment, functioning institutions, relative peace and security,
positive national image, etc.), yet you "SPOILT BRATS" have yet learnt
to do what is right.

You made mention of so-called MOG's being sent to jail, I expected you
to honourably seek asylum at the Kiri-Kiri resorts the Monday after your
statements to lead by example, but then, you didn't.

You have prophesied elections would be held in 2014, for who? by who?.
If you guys got the ticket in the last elections would you say same? I
wonder. Would you have turned Nigeria around so miraculously? (Fasting
and praying!) or may be changed our national mind set, Now Now? I doubt.

Going by your recipe for nation building, first, a country of vast oil
resources as Nigeria going up in revolution would play to the hands of
energy hungry nations who would ensure the case gets worse for their
benefits and who suffers, yes, the masses. The loss of innocent lives,
destruction of assets, economic stagnation and extensive image depletion
which will follow certainly puts us in a situation we as Nigerians
certainly don't need. Countries that have played host to the Arab spring
are still suffering from the implications of local and continent-wide
arms proliferation as well as infrastructure erosion to name a few
(CIP: the Mali saga was fuelled or sustained at least, by arms from
Algeria Militia groups--with an averted spill over effect into Nigeria,
or so we hope).

Another Sir, some of these said bad guys have sufficient funds to
sustain unrests not just between communities but states in Nigeria, this
they would do to buy time while they attempt to re-strategise or run
away, again who suffers? guessed right, the masses.

On the international scene, commodity prices would soar. If Nigerian oil
fields "catch fire", the world is in trouble. yes who suffers? the poor
masses world over.

Like never before in our history as a nation, our democratic
institutions are getting stronger. Yes, they are. While opposition is
gathering momentum and quickly too, Nigerians are beginning to
understand the principles and functionality of democracy. The so called
super powers have taken years of endless errors to be where they are
today. Someday soon, we would take our place with minimal or leastways
targeted loss of lives.

As for the yesterday's and today's Boys or, sorry men! we the tomorrow
leaders are happy to take our fight to the polls in the coming election.
It wouldn't be easy, yes we know, but certainly not business as usual.

You and those in your circle have Visas and available funds to get out
when it all goes up in flames. You would all retreat to your existing
and new homes abroad, only to watch CNN and Al-jazeera with pop-corn in
hand.

I put it to you Sir, If you Mr Bakare so desire a Ghana style cleansing,
you have a great option before you...You can send that your unruly son
on a course to learn how to snipe or suicide bomb where he can do us all
proud (in your view), or even you can learn to use long range sniper
guns and take these "Destructively Wealthy leaders" out for us without
broadcasting your plans.

In all Sir, with absolute and exclusive eroding respect, you either Do
It Yourself or SHUT UP!

Yours in truth,
Re: Only Ghana-style Of Cleansing Can Save Nigeria, Says Bakare by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
The most pitiable ΑϞ∂ shameful one, is that of CAN administrators that are trading on the edge of an abyss. I hope they realize early before they fall into it.

(1) (Reply)

Is GEJ That Bad? / Picture Of Casualties, As Students Protest At Nassarawa State University / Yoruba Leaders Recount Jonathan’s Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.