Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch (13112 Views)

How To Keep Your Jobs In A Difficult Economy - Entrepreneurs Advise Workers / Quotes All Entrepreneurs Should Memorize / Entrepreneurs Vs. Managers: What’s The Big Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by stevolinkon40: 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
speechless
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by osarumeo: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
ROGUE TRADER

The story of Nick Leeson, an ambitious investment broker who singlehandedly bankrupted one of the oldest and most important banks in Britain.

One of my best. Great performance by Ewan McGregor
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by free37: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
hmmm..
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by hotmas911(m): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
can someone help me to get all these movies? I dont mind the cost. 08060318769
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks..got something to spend my mb on tonight
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by SawG(m): 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
The films they should watch are Sonto Alapata and Mufu Oloosa Oko
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by tunamania(m): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
you need to add JOBS to the list..lovely watch,steve jobs story ,tells of a man with drive,one who knows what he wants and achieves it no matter who's ox is gored, the way things should be done,also give insights to how not to do business cos people can tak it away from you at any point,infact they're just waiting to.
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Bizibi(m): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
I love wall street alot,i learnt alot on stocks,risks in biz and future investments,the same with social network
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Afam4eva(m): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Not forgetting JOBS
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by funmeme(f): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nice one
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by mrakin(m): 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks a lot for the list of good movies. Am sure there are lots more we can learn from them other than business. I have watched THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS more than 5 times. It is my very best. As a man, very few things can take tears from my eyes, this film is a must-watch. Thanks for the others listed. I will try to get them.
Mr justmythought, may God bless you.
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by secnelly: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
A link to get ds movies will be of help.
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by kcpragmatik(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
they forgot to add "IGODO".....
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by PurpleHouse(m): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
The Associate - Whoopi Goldberg... Classic movie
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by aphrodisiac(m): 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
SYRUP is another 2013 movie all entrepreneurs must watch
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by twosquare(m): 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
BACK TO THE FUTURE
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by rhames(m): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
The Aviator is still my best among the lot. I read the true story of Howard Hughes and its more than what you see in that movie. You Could read Howard Hughes: Bashful Billionaire by Albert W. Gerber or The Amazing Howard Hughes By Noah Dietrich, his Group CEO of 25 years.Its an interesting list anyway. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by biafranqueen: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
sparkyfx: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne : A video documentary on the law of attraction and how to attract anything you want to ur self
Her 2nd audio book The Power is awesome helps you use the Secret!
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Sles: 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
"The intern" guess should qualify in d series of business TV show
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by elvymoore: 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
nice
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by spikesC(m): 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
It's not a matter of the movie you watch, but what you learnt from the movie. cool
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Hunkyimage(m): 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ah ah... Op u no include Get Rich or Die Trying... Na wao... Abi 50 cent no be entrepreneur? shocked undecided cry
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by jideroland(m): 3:39am On Sep 17, 2013
Once I saw the topic I just knew 'the social network' was going to be there *rolls eyes *
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 17, 2013
We are missing something, most of the movies we eulogize here tend to promote thieving, crooks, illegality, fraud, even killing just to succeed. I believe one can succeed on the timeless principles of honour, integrity, trust in people (which if you don't, forget about making big money cos when you wanna go big time you must delegate. Of course they will cheat and hurt you, that's where working smart comes in, put checks and balances in place to curb natural human insticts) and hard work.

It pays to be above board!

2 Likes

Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2013
MAD MEN
THE APPRENTICE (donald trump)
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2013
I'll watch out for the ones i've not seen.
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by iyenimofe(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2013
tunamania: you need to add JOBS to the list..
Afam4eva: Not forgetting JOBS
I definitely think the movie, JOBS should be watched. Even though I haven't watched the movie, reviews about the movie have increased this urge of mine to download and/or watch the movie. And not forgetting that the movie immortalises Steve Jobs, one of the unerasable names in the history of computers. And of course the wonderful actor, Ashton Kutcher...
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by BeingAkorede(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
i recommend GURU. Although GURU is a classical bollywood movie yet, it best describe pratically whom an entreprenuer should be. i have seen the movie many a time and i intend to seen it again anytime soon.

Plot
The start of the film is set in 1951. In a small village of Idar
in Sabarkantha district, northern Gujarat, a young man
named Gurukant "Guru" Desai (Abhishek Bachchan ) dreams
of making it big some day. His father (Rajendra Gupta), the
headmaster of the village school, tells him that dreams
never come true. Gurukant decides to go to Turkey and enter
the spice trade; later, he is promoted but refuses the job
because he wants to work for himself. Back in his village, he
marries Sujata (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), mainly because
of the dowry she brings him. Along with Sujata and her
brother Jignesh (Arya Babbar ), Guru migrates to Bombay
and starts trading in cloth. Gradually, he expands his
business and sets up manufacturing units of his own, under
the name "Shakti Corporation".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_(2007_film)
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
Okija_juju:
How many of these movies did Alakija and Dangote them watch to learn how to be entreprenuers. Thats how people were readin Rich Dad, Poor Dad.. Well, the guy just filed for bankruptcy.

filing for bankruptcy does not always mean you are broke. The man is currently worth $80 million net if you don't know. Wikipedia is your friend dude....

"On August 20, 2012, one of Kiyosaki's companies, Rich Global LLC, filed for bankruptcy in Wyoming Bankruptcy Court.[53] The move followed a ruling by a U.S. District Court jury that former business partners of Kiyosaki were entitled to $23,687,957.21 of the profits from events they helped to set up for Kiyosaki including a 2002 appearance at New York's Madison Square Garden. A spokesman for Kiyosaki asserted that the amount of the award exceeded the value of Rich Global LLC and that Kiyosaki would not use money from outside the company to meet the judgement.[54]" - source Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Bump
Re: Movies All Entrepreneurs Should Watch by moststylish(m): 3:49am On Jul 06, 2019
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Depressed Do You Feel At Your Place Of Work? / Should Your Subordinate's Salary Be Higher Than Yours For Any Reason? / A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.