Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army (42804 Views)

PDP Senators Meet Over Amaechi, Others’ Confirmation: Nation / Motion: 22 APC Northern Senators ‘working Against Buhari’ / Ndiigbo, Her Non-igbo Eastern Neighbors And The Myth Of Igbo Domination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by olufunmibi(m): 10:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Most of you guys on nairaland politics section are so infantile in your reasoning and many of your posts betray sound use of logic, I hope Seun and those Mods in charge of this politics section know that there is an Emergency in Nairaland politics section. This online space has turned to an online beer palour where people vomit thrash and revel in stupid ethnic sentiments instead of addressing the merit of issues. Nairaland Politics was not like this when I started visiting in 2006! Moderators! Please do something on time.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by cnwamo(m): 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
You can as well list out the entire super eagles squad. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
kindabigg:

Most of the players in the SE are not core igbos, majority are deltans and from rivers.

Victor Moses, Juwon Oshaniwa, Raheem Lawal(Yoruba). Nosa Igiebor, Efe Ambrose, Fegor Ogude, Reuben Gabriel & Brown Ideye(Edo). Ahmed Musa(Hausa).

Keshi just loves his Delta people. Those players are not the best Nigeria has to off but they have done well.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
President Gudlck went and took Buhari by d hand to acompany him to d podium to light d centinary torch. So sweet as they both walk 2together smiling.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by 4Play(m): 10:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
olufunmibi: Most of you guys on nairaland politics section are so infantile in your reasoning and many of your posts betray sound use of logic, I hope Seun and those Mods in charge of this politics section know that there is an Emergency in Nairaland politics section. This online space has turned to an online beer palour where people vomit thrash and revel in stupid ethnic sentiments instead of addressing the merit of issues. Nairaland Politics was not like this when I started visiting in 2006! Moderators! Please do something on time.

This is what generates internet traffic for a website designed for Nigerians. Are you expecting serious intellectual discourse?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

So where is the figure that Ihejirika used to conduct the promotion?
It has nothing to do with Igbo per say but everything with Ihejirika. He lacks strength of character. This is the sort of action that a perverted individual takes but would later haunt the entire race. Action and reaction are not equal in human relations and by the time the present clueless administration is gone, the next president may simply retire some of these folks that are being unjustly promoted.
I understand what you're saying. There could be a case of nepotism here but that is not the point. Let's put it like this;

20 igbo generals ruling as bosses in the army
20 hausa Lt cols second in position to this Generals

when the generals retire, we would see the case of 20 Hausa general in top position

and guess what?
nobody will complain or convene for such an irrelevant matter.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by saintohia: 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
Must the north always drag everybody back?

Federal character must certainly give way for merit, to enable the country make progress.

Northerners should be thankful to the SE, because even the fake population they count on, normally have above 10% Igbos which means they should also be giving more than 10% of their so called federal character quota to SE.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by cnwamo(m): 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
Your post is baseless.
No offense sir, its called freedom of speech, get used to it Sir

olufunmibi: Most of you guys on nairaland politics section are so infantile in your reasoning and many of your posts betray sound use of logic, I hope Seun and those Mods in charge of this politics section know that there is an Emergency in Nairaland politics section. This online space has turned to an online beer palour where people vomit thrash and revel in stupid ethnic sentiments instead of addressing the merit of issues. Nairaland Politics was not like this when I started visiting in 2006! Moderators! Please do something on time.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Revolva(m): 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
That's is why I am never inspired by Nigeria...tribalism in every corner !!!! Bleep dem all

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin This is how Ihejirika is pounding nama in the North

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86b_1359125284

cheesy aboki run run KAI NAMA

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by gratiaeo(m): 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
I smell the end of this BACKWARD country...... This is a very wrong time to promote this cheap propaganda knowing fully well that this barring marriage is coming to an end come 2014

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by bigmo1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
AK 48: have u ever asked yourself why the progressive super eagles is filled with igbos?

Do u think the super eagles wud av gone far if quota was used as a selection tool?

Why didnt they complain abt the igbo domination of super eagle?

Whoever is fit academicaly n otherwise should b promoted
Ode osi! The 1994 set of supereagles is the best set of eagles ever assembled together, and also the best in Africa at any point in time. Yet this set of eagles was å fine blend of players from all the regions of the country.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by MrGlobe(m): 10:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
pro01: Nigeria has never been, and probably would never be, a nation in the real sense of the term. We're just deceiving ourselves. Since blind loyalty to one's ethnic group is a bigger priority than the collective interest, we might as well embrace a loose confederation (with regional armed forces) and retain the Nigerian identity merely for ceremonial reasons.
Well said. These gworo chewing charlatans are jokers. South East Senators too should meet over Hausa domination in NNPC and Customs. bloody Hypocrites

6 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by bushwailo: 10:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
Igbos don suffer, to Yorubas and Hausas any one from the south and not Yoruba is Igbo !

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
big mo:
Ode osi! The 1994 set of supereagles is the best set of eagles ever assembled together, and also the best in Africa at any point in time. Yet this set of eagles was å fine blend of players from all the regions of the country.
80% of that team were igbos

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Policewoman(f): 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
HAH: This the reason the army refused making Igbo chief of army since 1966, ironsi became COAS and it led to the first coup in Nigeria and it led to first mutiny as well.

Igbos that are still thinking about Biafra, don't trust them in anything government.
Idio.t.s like you deserve to be nuked by NATO bombs. So when the north had all the army chiefs and filled the rank and file of the army with illiterate aboki officers, it was good. But now an Igboman is occupying the position, your use.le.ss aboki senator brothers want to have midnite meeting because of it? Mgbo gbaposikwaa unu anya there. Infidels.

10 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sir what is your contribution on the topic?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Daluuzor(m): 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
after my secondary school days, i wanted to join d army but a friend said to me "except u r of northern origin, dont waste ur tym" i really tuk dis serious because av neva seen an igbo military officer, most of d military men dat av seen r frm d north and dey dont speak english. so i proceded to the university. The present COAS is a big surprise to me, being of d igbo tribe. The past COASs av neva been frm d SE, and d northerners av held dis position for ova 40yrs, so y r they screeming BLUE MURDER? Bunch of peacocks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by MrGlobe(m): 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
big mo:
The igbos still dominated the 1994 set of Super Eagles, the two greatest Nigerian footballers, Okocha and Kanu are igbos so what are you saying. Mind you, it is too early to call the 1994 eagles the best ever. If the present eagles win the cup they would be considered better by many cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2013

What will be done about Northerners dominating Boko Haram.. shocked shocked shocked
Isn't that total cheating? shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
saintohia: Must the north always drag everybody back?

Federal character must certainly give way for merit, to enable the country make progress.

Northerners should be thankful to the SE, because even the fake population they count on, normally have above 10% Igbos which means they should also be giving more than 10% of their so called federal character quota to SE.

The highlighted is true. But you must realize that Ihejirika ll not be there forever. Another man tomorrow might just pack Northern generals there and because someone has done it before in the name of "merit", there would be no basis to question such a move. A merit that is not defined is nothing short of nepotism.

I personally hate the Federal Character quota system. But the history of Nigerian army, which was once more or less a Northern Nigeria army, pleads caution. If we want to get rid of it, let us do it in a most transparent way. Get the law repealed (constitution amended) and then clearly define what qualifies someone for a promotion. I am sure if we have such a system, there would be less noise now.

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
bushwailo: Igbos don suffer, to Yorubas and Hausas any one from the south and not Yoruba is Igbo !
Many people are naive when it comes to the issue of southern Nigeria.With no apology or tribalism the Yorubas are culpable of this.I have met many of them that thinks everyone from Edo and Delta are Igbo.Even some people from the south are still naive when it comes to Rivers and Bayelsa.They think everybody from these two states are Ijaws

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by MrGlobe(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
Policewoman: Idio.t.s like you deserve to be nuked by NATO bombs. So when the north had all the army chiefs and filled the rank and file of the army with illiterate aboki officers, it was good. But now an Igboman is occupying the position, your use.le.ss aboki senator brothers want to have midnite meeting because of it? Mgbo gbaposikwaa unu anya there. Infidels.
hahahahahaha, don't mind those Shari'a prriccks!
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Clerverly: 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
lacasa: WELL DONE!!! grin

Once bitten twice shy, the Immigration woman went the same route and didn't succeed.

Now, the Army Head makes the same synical attempt and thinks he will get away with it.

Tisk! Tisk!! Tisk!!! grin

a leopard never changes its spots

God bless Nigeria!!!
This kind post coming from you Lacasa. No hope again in Nigeria angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by cowtail: 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
Rubbish. I hope senators from benue and kogi were not part of that meeting. If Almost 100 years after amalgamation, an issue like this comes up, then we have no business being together. lugard made a terrible mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Dawn of a new era. Its time positions are earned by merit. Never again will we allow our military be ran by non-qualified bigots from axis of evil.

They should meet again for super eagles...Igbos are there too! And on Nigeria, there're Igbos oh.Haha...Separate no no, stay 2geda no no.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by HerexG(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
new maonza: Igbo Dominate Army? Na Lie JOR ............. I can Only Believe This If The Crowd at Alaba, Ladipo, Opi-Iweka,Idumota, West Minister, Apapa- Ports reduces.... Wetin concern Igbo man with Army.... This Northerners should just admit Its no longer Business as Usual.......... Oga Jonathan U r doing a Good Job.

You are day dreaming, you had better wake up to reality. There is never an institution in life, you find black people in that you will never find Igbo people.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by confusion247(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
Northern senators are hypocrites. Why haven't they meet over oil block allocations? They have just shown again how the northerners are dragging this country backwards. The Nigerian Army is a professional institution that everything is based on merit. Do we have federal character in oil block allocations?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by cnwamo(m): 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
GOD BLESS YOU BROTHER. cool

confusion247: Northern senators are hypocrites. Why haven't they meet over oil block allocations? They have just shown again how the northerners are dragging this country backwards. The Nigerian Army is a professional institution that everything is based on merit. Do we have federal character in oil block allocations?

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by gramci: 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
so abokis also cry tongue

1 Like

Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by confusion247(m): 11:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
cowtail: Rubbish. I hope senators from benue and kogi were not part of that meeting. If Almost 100 years after amalgamation, an issue like this comes up, then we have no business being together. lugard made a terrible mistake.
Lugard made the worst mistake in the history of mankind. Issues like this is a prove that we are not one and we can never be one.
Re: Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army by chaloner(m): 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hope this boy is not sleepin? Are u a learner , u didn't make sense for one seconds at all, may b u re commentin abt mali. Hmmmm beta school
HAH:

Bigot for your information all appointment in govt must follow the federal character constitutionally and it is wrong for one part to dominate others

I have worked closely with the nigerian army and believe me Igbo are among the minority not because they are not recruited but because they want to make money quickly and in the military you must pay your due

One thing I notice about this Jonathan government is the deliberate marginalization of the south west in every sector, it seems the highest office holder from south west is the minister of Agriculture

And the reason why must people see the north as dominating is because the north sees itself as one but in the south everyone Identifies with his tribe and there is nothing like one south that is why jonathan will marginalise the Yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Visits Okezie Ikpeazu, Abia State Governor / The Soon-To-Be Completed Alausa Multi-Agency Complex In Pictures / 25-Year-Old Hindatu Umar In Kebbi Appointed As Arugungu LGA Caretaker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.