Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In (1022 Views)

Isreali Defence Ministers Vows To Kill More Palestinians, Kids. / We ‘ll Appoint New Power, Defence Ministers In Two Weeks – Jonathan / New Power & Defence Ministers To Be Appointed In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by MurphyT1: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Two new ministers were, Monday, sworn into the Federal Executive council by President Goodluck Jonathan in what he said was an injection of new members to the council that is expected to up the ante in governance.

The new ministers, Chinedu Osita Nebo (Enugu) and Kabiru Tanimu Turaki (Kebbi), replaced the former Ministers of Power and Defence, Barth Nnaji and Haliru Bello Mohammed respectively who had earlier exited the cabinet last year.

President Jonathan who likened their introduction midway into his government to changes made by a football coach in a game charged them to justify their introduction by bringing about changes in their various ministries. A formal inauguration of the new ministers would be done Wednesday at the federal Executive Council meeting.

President Goodluck Jonathan told the new ministers that Nigerians would judge his coaching abilities by the new innovations  they would  bring into the federal cabinet.

“We are admitting two new ministers into our fold. From the profile we have heard about them they are eminently qualified to serve this country at all levels. If it is in  politics they are eminently qualified to serve as councilors up to the president of the Federal Republic by their antecedents.

“But then background qualification is one thing but serving as a minister is another, because the challenges are different.

“One thing I believe is that you will succeed but to me it is a big challenge to me and you because if a coach of a football team sends his 11 players and decide to make changes getting close to half time then he knows that there may be weaknesses in some areas and he is bringing people to strengthen the team to make sure they score goals.

“So Nigerians are expecting that if I am bringing ministers in at this time, I must be bringing people that will strengthen the team and make sure I bring people that will score more goals than we are already scoring. And If Nigerians don’t realise that they will feel that I am not a good coach….

“Just like when the coach introduces a new player, sometimes 10 minutes to the end of the game and you are introduced to the field they expect you to score the next goal.

“So you are welcome on board you will be formerly inaugurated again on Wednesday when we will have the FEC meeting. You will get your letter  from the SGF and I assigned you to where we think you will serve  this great country. Congratulations”.

The swearing in was attended by the Deputy Senate President, Senate Majority Leader, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives , ministers and families members  of the newly sworn in ministers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/new-energy-power-ministers-sworn-in/
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by Sexkillzdick: 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by MurphyT1: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
hope they perform far better than thier predecessors
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by OurYansh: 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
What if is said GEJ is ARSENE WENGER

cheesy
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by omicron(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
I wonder what kinda of coach GEJ would make if he were truly a coach...maybe Benitez of Chelsea.....just hoping we have Abramovich in that government...so that he(Gej) will get kicked out at the end of the season for not winning a single trophy for Nigerians. We need a more competent coach when the next transfer window opens..... grin

1 Like

Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by kelvincoll(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
By arsene wenger wud u mean excellent resource manager, trophyless or Gay grin
Our Yansh: What if is said GEJ is ARSENE WENGER

cheesy

@Op.. More muscles to their elbow especially the Power Minister, He sure needs nigerians prayers and support
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
omicron: I wonder what kinda of coach GEJ would make if he were truly a coach...maybe Benitez of Chelsea.....just hoping we have Abramovich in that government...so that he(Gej) will get kicked out at the end of the season for not winning a single trophy for Nigerians. We need a more competent coach when the next transfer window opens..... grin

You are a brilliant guy! grin

1 Like

Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
If Jonathan is a coach, and with the rate he's going, he will not win a trophy in 20 seasons.

Though that depends on the team he is coaching, maybe he will do better as the head coach of Otuoke wanderers.
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by Tolexander: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Congratulation to the 2 new invitees for the national cake share. I can see everybody enjoyed the football match yesterday, very obvious from Mr President's analysis.
Seems the president has forgotten that if the clubs manager is clueless, the coaches will just be misdirected.
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by TonySpike: 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
ochukwuma15: If Jonathan is a coach, and with the rate he's going, he will not win a trophy in 20 seasons.

Though that depends on the team he is coaching, maybe he will do better as the head coach of Otuoke wanderers.

Well, let me not waste my precious time. God please guide me on my journey to Durban tomorrow morning. ........... Chuks writes from Nelspruit, South Africa.

Don't worry, the roads in SA are free from armed-robbers and police 'toll-gates'. Just make sure you follow the road signs and avoid over-speeding in order not to get booked(if you are the driver). Bon voyage and welcome to "The city where it's always summer and summer".
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2013
Gej na Amodu
Re: New Power, Defence Ministers Sworn In by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
I just hope power returns to what it was or even improve.

(1) (Reply)

What Part Of The Country Will Experience Rapid Growth If It Should Disintegrate? / Nigeria's First Astronaut To Emerge 2015 / Prophet Who Predicted Madrid Barca Final Said He Was Joking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.