Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,921 members, 7,802,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com (864 Views)

Please Pals Help Me Review This Website / I Need Constructive Criticism About My Site @ Www.freegist.com / Please Help Us Review Our Own Borthersoft.com Download Site www.greenlandng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by divinetalent(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2013
I upgraded our company website ie www.idigitgs.com today and I need your ratings, suggestions, criticisms etc about the sites.

However, its a single page website . . . .

Thanks for your time.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by soloqy: 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Too much white space below the Icon menus. The rotating and flashy stuff at the head can be a distraction. Its quite old school and amateurish (I mean the flashy text at the head). I only looked at the landing/home page. Will look through later.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by divinetalent(m): 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
@sology . . . . Noted thanks for your comment.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by yawatide(f): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2013
1) I concur with soloqy
2) I think the black background needs to go. B/w that and the animations, it looks more like a techno disco site (no offense)
3) If you don't have a portfolio, don't display it. No need having "coming soon" thumbnails. I would rather have 2 portfolios than 100, with 98 being "coming soon"
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by DualCore1: 11:37am On Feb 05, 2013
Nice JS effects, poor graphics/layout.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 05, 2013
Damn...the two top flash animations is distracting. If i don't look at the web address can't really figure what site i am at.

There's no introductions, nothing just images and rotating stuff...and the black background and green fonts looks much like a 2007 mobile site....

If i were you..i had remove all those links and present something much neater...
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by divinetalent(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
Thanks all for your contribution. Meanwhile, I have an urgent job to deliver that's why I didn't reply in time.

Hence, I have edited the website just now and it looks fabulous.

Thanks and still waiting for your suggestion or criticisms.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by DualCore1: 2:36am On Feb 08, 2013
Doesn't look any better in my opinion.

The "call us now" is shouty
The logo is not smart
The green text under the logo is edgy
The scrolling images, the transition is too fast and sharp and I dont see the use of all that green text on them.
That other thing scrolling at the bottom with languages, its just so fast and looks dangerous like a fan blade about to chop off your head. I don't see the effectiveness of that thing.

From my user experience the only sane part of your site is the page contents (all the pages, except the portfolio page).

1 Like

Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by divinetalent(m): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks dual core. However, I need a constructive criticism not sentimental criticism . . . . .
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by miracle4(m): 8:10am On Feb 08, 2013
Dual Core: Doesn't look any better in my opinion.

The "call us now" is shouty
The logo is not smart
The green text under the logo is edgy
The scrolling images, the transition is too fast and sharp and I dont see the use of all that green text on them.
That other thing scrolling at the bottom with languages, its just so fast and looks dangerous like a fan blade about to chop off your head. I don't see the effectiveness of that thing.

From my user experience the only sane part of your site is the page contents (all the pages, except the portfolio page).
oga dual why this part na
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2013
miracle4: oga dual why this part na

He's right bro...can the op just do away with the merry go round flash image??

It's distracting one, maybe something like a flash image that slides from left to right would be perfect if he is adamant on using flash images at the top...
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by DualCore1: 9:07am On Feb 08, 2013
divinetalent: Thanks dual core. However, I need a constructive criticism not sentimental criticism . . . . .
You're welcome, go through my posts. I tell things like they are, no sentiments.

miracle4: oga dual why this part na
Its distracting and has no real effectiveness on the site. I don't think it will make a good user experience for anyone to have 2 of those rotating effects on the same page and rotating in opposite directions. In addition to the head chopping effect, it can cause nausea and some light form of hypnosis.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2013
Dual Core:
You're welcome, go through my posts. I tell things like they are, no sentiments.

Its distracting and has no real effectiveness on the site. I don't think it will make a good user experience for anyone to have 2 of those rotating effects on the same page and rotating in opposite directions. In addition to the head chopping effect, it can cause nausea and some light form of hypnosis.

Na true yarn...am having serious headache now after staring at the website...lol ..just kidding

But seriously there's too much flas items on the web...it may even be slow to load because of the network speeds of most of Nigeria's providers/network
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by soloqy: 11:28am On Feb 08, 2013
Dual Core:

It really can cause nausea and it definitely makes one giddy after looking at it for a while. If it was in movies, there would be a warning telling intending viewers of photosensitive epilepsy that may occur.

That rotating flash was in the first comment I made. And its so old school and amateurish. Please just do away with it. There are other ways and tools to 'jazz' up your site.People are running away from flash and some are still diving into it. If you must use flash, do it moderately..
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by divinetalent(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks all. . . . Meanwhile, @ mdsocks & soloqy, you people are talking like someone who never develop a webpage before, where do I use flash in that site. The rotating image are not fast @ all and are necessary in that page.

The website is superb and fabulous.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
so what do you call the scrolling header??

sorry i called it a flash or script....what is it called friend?
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by DualCore1: 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
divinetalent: I upgraded our company website ie www.idigitgs.com today and I need your ratings, suggestions, criticisms etc about the sites.
divinetalent: The website is superb and fabulous.

Lord, take control.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by soloqy: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
divinetalent: Thanks all. . . . Meanwhile, @ mdsocks & soloqy, you people are talking like someone who never develop a webpage before, where do I use flash in that site. The rotating image are not fast @ all and are necessary in that page.
Okay, its not flash but you emulated flashy stuff so much. There was no need sniffing under the hood of your site so I commented just on what was presented visually

The website is superb and fabulous.

Ok then, good for you....
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by DualCore1: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2013
mdsocks: so what do you call the scrolling header??

sorry i called it a flash or script....what is it called friend?
Some flash-like effects can be replicated using Javascript or jQuery. The difference is known when you right-click on the effect. If its a flash object it will be in a flash player and when you right-click the effect you will see the Flash player context menu. In the case of this site it's all jQuery. Turn off Javascript and refresh the site and you will get the drift.

It however shows the futility and folly of man for the OP to leave the visual issue at hand and burn energy on the technology behind which no one sees or should be bothered about.
Re: Pls Pals Help Me Rate This Site | www.idigitgs.com by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
Dual Core:

Lord, take control.

I was actually teasing him...

Yes the site was upgraded and looks fabulous... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Best WEB Programming Language??? / Urgent Help Needed And Ready To Pay / How Do I Go About This -domain Selling ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.