Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao (4984 Views)

Nigerian Music Chart[3rd Feb To 6th Feb] / Nigerian Music Industry Chart On Nairaland / Does Nigeria Have An Official Music Chart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by IBnatty(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
Do you know that Nigeria as the entertainment power house of Africa does not have an official chart to really know how popular a song is or how a successful a single is in Nigeria?. Most charts in Nigeria are myopic and express to large extent the views of that particular media house, DJ or presenter that produces the chart. It is totally wrong because if listeners of many radio stations drawn from the major cities/states across the country can’t determine the popularity or how successful a song is, then the views of a particular DJ, presenter or media house is inconsequential.
Nairaland is about the biggest online social platform in Nigeria with over one million members from every nook and cranny of Nigeria. Every strata of the society is found here. Since a large chunk of these people are Youths nay young people, I believe that if a change is to sweep through Nigeria and the sectors therein, Nairaland will be among the effectors , the incubators and the carriers of the ‘Change’. Let’s not wait for the change to come, for us to get involved, Let us hasten it.
Nigerian Music Chart on NL is here to make a change, to make our Nigerian Music industry more visible, more professional, more interesting, more realistic and factual.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE CHART
 The Chart will debut with 3 categories namely - Afro Pop/Dance, Afro Hip Hop/Rap, Nigerian Hot/on Demand. Subsequent Charts will include the R&B and Album categories.

 The debut Chart is tabulated on the scale 1 to 15 except the Nigerian Hot/on Demand category which is tabulated on the scale of 1 to 25. The scale will be extended to 25 for the first two categories and to 50 for the Nigerian Hot/on Demand.

 Unlike Most Charts, which is based on personal assessment of songs and rely heavily on voting. This Chart is anchored on 3 bases- 1] Number of Downloads a song get from popular sites including NL. 2] Counts of airplay a song gets on radio stations. 3] Voting and positive reviews a song gets on NL.

 Though this formulation will be discontinued soon to reflect realities on ground in the music industry, which is giving listeners the power to determine how far a song gets on this chart. This is the practice most popular charts [e.g. Billboard] imbibe in charting songs. Meanwhile this is the sharing formula - no. 1 has 40%, no. 2 has 40%, no. 3 has 20%. So don’t get mad at the chart when the most voted songs do not top the chart.

 All genres of music can chart on ‘The Nigerian Hot/On Demand’ category so long it is popular and massively demanded in Nigeria. One of its bases for charting a song here includes number of times a song is streamed or viewed online.

 Unlike BDS that uses computer to listen to songs, we use a system similar to database to MediaBase to count airplays on radio stations. We use people to listen to radio stations. For now we listen to a couple of stations in the Lagos, in the East and in Port Harcourt.

 If you wana join the Nigerian music chart crew on NL, kindly send me an email.

 Please feel free to drop your suggestions. It will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by abolyem(m): 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
good idea. supported.
watchout for checkmate singles (Jackchan and Kambola)
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by abolyem(m): 12:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
what do u feel?

Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by IBnatty(m): 12:21am On Feb 09, 2013
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by tpia5: 2:52am On Feb 09, 2013
Do you know that Nigeria as the entertainment power house of Africa does not have an official chart to really know how popular a song is or how a successful a single is in Nigeria?

true that.
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 14, 2013
Nice concept... Fingers crossed until the aim of this thread start materialising... Happy valentine...
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by AfterEffect: 8:58am On Feb 16, 2013
to download or discuss about Nigerian latest musics go here https://www.nairaland.com/1192426/download-all-latest-musics-nigeria
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by valuka(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by naijaminds: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Nice1 You can also listen and download your songs here
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by bilms(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2013
This is a welcome dev. I would like to join the crew
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by IBnatty(m): 8:53am On Mar 12, 2013
bilms: This is a welcome dev. I would like to join the crew

That's great. Please, email me let us get on with it.
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by bilms(m): 8:55am On Mar 13, 2013
I have been trying to mail you for two days,but it seems your mail is disable or programed. Check it.
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by IBnatty(m): 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
bilms: I have been trying to mail you for two days,but it seems your mail is disable or programed. Check it.
aight, maybe you should reach me on: Ibnwachukwu@yahoo.com or FB - Ibeawuchi IBnatty Nwachukwu.
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by bilms(m): 5:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Why can't u enable ur nl message? It helps better
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by IBnatty(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
bilms: Why can't u enable ur nl message? It helps better
it's enabled. I'm pretty sure about that.
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by ibkkwillz(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2013
Music in this country is developing so fast. OMG!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by UyiIredia(m): 2:00am On May 30, 2013
Nice development. What are the people joining NL chart to do ?
Re: Nigerian Music Chart On NL Debuts 2mao by UyiIredia(m): 2:05am On May 30, 2013
IBnatty:
it's enabled. I'm pretty sure about that.
It isn't enabled. I couldn't send you an e-mail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phyno New Track #connect Is Getting Me Crazy / Download VIDEO: Kcee – Ogaranya Ft. Davido.mp4 / Leak Music: Flavour – Oyi (remix) Ft Tiwa Savage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.