Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV (12587 Views)

Massive Recruitment At City Tutors Ltd / Media Recruitment / Massive Recruitment At Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by DisGuy: 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
just reading a blog about thisday owner launching their own 'international standard' TV so i checked their news website. came across this section

http://www.arise.tv/careers

Broadcast and IT Engineer
Key duties: To maintain all broadcast and associated equipment including studios, edit suites and archives...
31-Jan-2013

Bureau Chief
Key Duties: To coordinate the efforts of the reporting team, using sound editorial judgment...
31-Jan-2013

Business Anchor / Correspondent
Key duties: An authoritative and recognized business broadcaster, with a thorough knowledge of the global finance and business landscape particularly the United States and Africa...
31-Jan-2013

Business Producer
Key duties: Responsible for building rolling news rundowns, and you will have first class experience of working with leading business anchors...
31-Jan-2013
Correspondent
Full job description TBC
31-Jan-2013

Correspondent / Business Anchor
Key duties: An authoritative and recognized business broadcaster, with a thorough knowledge of the global finance and business landscape particularly the United States and Africa...
31-Jan-2013

Craft VT Editor (Features)
Key duties: To craft edit a range of output - from fast-turnaround Current Affairs and documentary programming to studio productions – for a major TV news network...
31-Jan-2013

Deputy Managing Editor
An experienced newsroom leader, used to rolling news, managing big budgets and running large, disparate teams. An output virtuoso with significant input experience who can deliver the highest standards on screen. A motivator. An innovator.
31-Jan-2013

1 Like

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by DisGuy: 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
and many more on their website, most are asking basically for a CV, i suspect you'll be using the titles as the subject

good luck!!

this dude is certainly earning his cheddar from johnny boy and Ms Allison grin
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by DisGuy: 10:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
I don't think its restricted to those living in nigeria...
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by tayoccu(m): 7:04am On Feb 05, 2013
Already applied, praying for the best.
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by 5much(m): 7:19am On Feb 05, 2013
i will apply nd hoping 4 d best
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2013
Am i on front page?
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 05, 2013
Candidates best suited for the job: grin grin grin. Here we go:

Must not be more than 25 years old by december 2013.

Must graduate with a first class or 2.1 Hons. Second-class lower candidates need not apply.

ONLY Mass communication and English Language graduate candidates accepted. Any other candidates need not apply.

5 years hands-on experience. 3 of those years MUST be in a media and communication outfit. Anyone without necessary experience need not apply.

Must be fluent in English and 2 other Nigerian languages.

MUST be willing to relocate within short notice.

Only one application per candidate. Any application with more than 1 entry will not be considered.

Relocation expenses not covered by the company.

Such is recruitment in naija. Goodluck to y'all cry
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by nikaShow(m): 7:56am On Feb 05, 2013
5 years hands-on experience. 3 of those years MUST be in a media and communication outfit. Anyone without necessary experience need not apply.

Meaning that at d age of 19, the person must have graduated form the University with a 2.1, Served by 20, and gotten a media related job
Common, give me a break, I bet you there's gonna be a compromise 'somewhere', so ignore the 'need not apply' and apply on !
All d best !

7 Likes

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by etudaddy(m): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2013
Who tell u say I need job? I am gainfully employed.
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 05, 2013
nikaShow: 5 years hands-on experience. 3 of those years MUST be in a media and communication outfit. Anyone without necessary experience need not apply.

Meaning that at d age of 19, the person must have graduated form the University with a 2.1, Served by 20, and gotten a media related job
Common, give me a break, I bet you there's gonna be a compromise 'somewhere', so ignore the 'need not apply' and apply on !
All d best !

Lol. Utterly ridiculous.

Yet, one deluded clown was pontificating on another thread about why applicants should never 'reduce' their age in order to qualify for certain jobs. Nigeria is an impossible place to play by formal rules. The country and its warped systems criminalises everyone; the alternative is to wallow in failure and woe, while you watch your unscrupulous counterparts get ahead in life.

1 Like

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2013
I dnt need ur job, av created one for myself. Tank U T.B Joshua!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by Intrepid1(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Same Thisday owner that owes his people salaries for months? Good luck with that!

2 Likes

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by 2Mekus: 10:53am On Feb 05, 2013
Nduka Obaigbuna job? I dey laugh. grin grin That man is worse than Jimoh Ibrahim and Raymond Dokpesi combined.

1 Like

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by tai2(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
Nduka no dey pay salary o...beware!
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by ypzilanti: 12:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Intrepid!:
Same Thisday owner that owes his people salaries for months? Good luck with that!

Yes oh! my relative used to work at Thisday. The guy can owe!
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by tayoccu(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
pDude: Candidates best suited for the job: grin grin grin. Here we go:

Must graduate with a first class or 2.1 Hons. Second-class lower candidates need not apply.

ONLY Mass communication and English Language graduate candidates accepted. Any other candidates need not apply.

Must be fluent in English and 2 other Nigerian languages.

MUST be willing to relocate within short notice.

Only one application per candidate. Any application with more than 1 entry will not be considered.

Relocation expenses not covered by the company.

Such is recruitment in naija. Goodluck to y'all cry

Hilarious! grin
But you really shouldn't discourage people, I went through a couple of the job requirements, and I didn't see where grade, or age were specified.
Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by PapaBrowne(m): 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
nikaShow: 5 years hands-on experience. 3 of those years MUST be in a media and communication outfit. Anyone without necessary experience need not apply.

All d best !

There surely is a catch to it.
What I see from the foregoing is that " If you are not determined enough to get this job, don't apply".
All those criterion are just set to discourage those random appliers. If you are 27 with maybe just one year experience and you really want the job badly, not because you want to get paid but because you believe that this company would go places and you can help it in doing so, you would apply at all cost. You would send your CV as well attach a well written cover letter. Your email would not be empty, your desire and passion would be seen in the mail. I would rather employ a passionate 3rd class holder who believes in the direction of my company and can be trained to be excellent than employ a first class graduate who wants to work for me only because the pay is good and would move on to chevron as soon as they broke him an offer.

All those restrictions are to prevent and discourage the half-hearted from applying.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Media Recruitment At Arise TV by Goldcon: 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pls ooo. Na my big Uncle wan open TV station so? Abeg where is he siting the station, pls am serious.

(1) (Reply)

Mobil Recruiting Fresh Graduates! / Job Placement And Recruitment In Port Harcourt And Abuja / My Office Refused To Remit Pension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.