Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,377 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (40154 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
pleep: Well in truth... the AA's had their opportunity. And fukked it up in the most royal way.

you can take a Nigga out the Brox, but you cant take the nigga out a nigga. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMwI5unlK9M

huh and these half-bred slaves what to come and ruin the beautiful lands of Central Africa. angry angry angry angry

filthy akata ate Pres. Doe alive! I HATE THEM CANNIBALS!

just as they ate this Krahn tribesman of the soil, they are planning to eat us African Indigenes up. if they ever talk such things in my homeland, i will shoot them dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

1) Concerning the weather conditions, believe me I've lived in Africa considerably and I know how the african weather is. By and large, you can't compare the american weather with the Nigerian weather. Your summer lasts for about 4 months while in many parts of africa it lasts for the whole year. Bring twins, separate them to live in both weathers for some years, let's say 10 years, the overall difference will be obviously clear. In Nigeria here, once you see someone who has spent some time abroad you'll know immediately, even before the person opens his mouth to talk. I personally know several relatives, friends and neighbours who have relocated to US/Canada and have seen the overall skin improvements they've had. This is something I personally attribute to weather conditions.
Spending a few weeks/months for business purposes isn't the same as living in Africa for 10/20 years. Maybe you should relocate to africa for 10 years and get to see things for yourself.

Despite the fact of that on this side of the world we operate upon a quarterly seasonal pattern, is really of no regard when comparing weather patterns around the world. A much more accurate assessment is to base it upon a month to month scale, the average monthly temperatures for the deep south, typically the gulf region, throughout the year is nearly identical to that of Gabon, Republic of Congo, western DR Congo, southern Cameroon and Cabinda province of Angola.

Heres a scale for Libreville, Gabon compared with one from Tampa Florida.

As you can see, the yearly temperature levels are nearly the same, with the only difference being that time of year the two regions receive their lowest and highest temperatures during the year. This is simply do to the fact of that they lie on nearly opposite sides of the world. smiley smiley

2) You said it will take less than 30 years to develop the AA african space?? WTF shocked Like seriously?? Common man! Be realistic! America didn't become great in 30 years! UK didn't! What makes you think the AA african country will?

Your main problem here is that you think inside a box of past successes. smiley Those nations you've mentioned were basically land grab nations forged into success via time tested means of slow and steady progression. They weren't fully planned nations as this one will be. Every street, highway, sewage line, electrical line and more will in this new nation will be pre- planned upon the landscape years before even one construction truck breaks its ground. Every city, town and industry will be pre-planned and built in fazes depending on the scale of population growth. Investment funds will not be a problem, this is a fact, as long as the number of AA migrants needed to successfully fulfill the percentages needed to accommodate each faze of development remains at par; this I doubt will be a problem. Billions will liquidly flow into the development yearly from the mother ship USA alone for the reasons I've explained before in my past extended post. Once ground development starts it won't take more than 30 years to achieve that in which I've stated.

Did you even consider the lack of natural resources in the land that could catalyse growth and development? What if the land is utterly lacking in crude oil, coal, bitumen, fertile soil for agricultural purposes etc?

That is the first thing we considered. Hence I desire to get the land from central Africa. Central Africa's mineral density is so vast that no matter where you settle, there's going to be some form of mineral wealth to be had, but in reality that would be of no real use to use in the larger scheme of the society in which we'd aim to develope. We don't seek to developed a natural resource supply state, but rather and nation developing and supplying products on the finished end, as well as one in which feeds off of dividends from infrastructural investments in other nations, such as supermarkets, malls, toll roads, agriculture, banks, schools, communications, insurance and more. This will be worth much, much more to the nations economy than any minerals we could dig up or pump out of the land and sale to some other nation. Besides, most of any mineral deposits we are blessed with, will mostly go toward development of our own industrial growth, but why destroy our land by using up our own when we can easily invest in getting it from one of are neighbors. smiley smiley

Of course you do know that crude oil is the number one natural resource that draws in several of millions of dollars in sales for its host country? And it isn't found everywhere in the world. In addition, the conditions for its formation takes years and requires special natural conditions to be met before it forms. Moreover, mangrove areas are the best areas for crude oil formation and such areas are few in Africa.

Well, like I said Ace, this really will mean nothing to use in the long run, in that we will not be forming a typical natural resource supply based economy as typically is the case with most African nations. If we have some natural resources on our land, then that'll be great, but if not then it really wont be of any great concern to us in that the direction in which we'll be spearheading the economy won't seriously effected in anyway by us not having any natural resources. All around us, other nations will have all that we'll need, and what we'll need won't be much.. in that the vast majority of the nations wealth will be made off of the consumer spending of the African nations we invest our funds in as well as the Caribbean, South America and more. The nation will be much more corporate and light industrial based than heavy industrial.

Well, in the absence of crude oil, other catalysts for growth could be utilized such as establishing great tourism, technology (Japan for example), education etc.
Having access to a port is definitely a good idea and the boundary lines of africa all stretch along the sea coast and any space to be carved out for the AA country will need to be created close to the boundary to enable the presence of a port.
And finally, the development of the AA country won't come in 30 years or anytime close to that number! You got me laughing real hard at this one! grin ;

Obtaining a piece of land with coastal access is of course a big desire, but it's not a deal breaker based on the type of economy established. But of course if we're given a piece of land locked territory, we'll demand a security on our road and rail transport of goods through our neighboring nations, as well as least access to a sea port or two.

3) @Bolded: what you just wrote up there is only an assumption. You haven't yet carried out a survey to know the actual opinions of AAs. What if majority don't buy the idea? Even if majority agree on paper, the number that may relocate will be far less than the opinion indicated on paper. Believe me, I have conversed with many AAs and some of them just don't want to have anything to do with africa. Many just don't care about africa, its people and culture, or its historical past. Its just a few that care. Many even hate being called 'african americans' and would rather have you call them 'black americans'. But I guess attitudes change with time.

I'm a well traveled, well informed AA, with extensive exposure to the professional and none-professional community, this is how I know. Most will not be interested in this venture, based on some idea of coming back to the motherland to become chummy with the local Africans. No most will be doing so for total AA based self-fulfilling reasons. They'd want the nation to be nearly totally AA; this means unless you are invited by a local entity into the nation for official business or a short visit for vacationing or visitations purposes, you will not be allowed in, and visa affairs will be heavily monitored.

This means if you have been allowed to come in to handle your business for 3 months, then on or by that expiration date of that 3rd month, you better not be still residing in the nation, unless an extension has been given. If you overstay your visa period by even one day, you will be hunted down and thrown out promptly, and not allowed to return for an extensive amount of time to be determined based on the reason for your tardiness. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Boarders will be secured will a robust redundant electrical fencing network, and pill boxes, as well being staffed with a border patrol 24/7 and all boarder entry points into and out of the nation will be heavily secured. The only non-AA or Diasporan, if the nation is a conglomerate creation between diaspora blacks, that will be allowed citizenship will be those whom are married into the immediate family of the AA/Diasporan citizen of the nation, and any child or parent dependent of that spouse.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by pleep(m): 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Africa is as hot as donkey nuts dude. grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 419forlife: 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
abeg blyss say you are irish man I want to chop dem dollar
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 419forlife: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
abi na irish blyss make we baff up or go new caban i go chop yo dollar blyss
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
pleep: Africa is as hot as donkey nuts dude. grin

And so is Arizona, Southern Cali, New Mexico, Nevada and West Texas.. but we do just fine living there. cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by pleep(m): 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
Blyss:

And so is Arizona, Southern Cali, New Mexico, Nevada and West Texas.. but we do just fine living there. cheesy
With Air-conditioning...

Thats the difference. I cant name a nigga i know that would be willing to stay in Africa for an extended period of time without AC. Hell i cant even do that

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
pleep: With Air-conditioning...

Thats the difference. I cant name a nigga i know that would be willing to stay in Africa for an extended period of time without AC. Hell i cant even do that

Dude, what are you getting at? Are you insinuating that some how developing a nation in Africa will rid us of the capability to develop homes and other dwellings with Air conditioning present within them? Your point seems rather pointless to me.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by pleep(m): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
im saying a bunch of A.A's from the Brox wont last a month in Africa with no, AC, electricty etc. And it would take you up to ten years to create that stuff from scratch.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Pagan 9ja are u fcking serious?! Do u know anything about liberian history at all?! shocked

Did u just say aa repatriates ate samuel doe? For your information tard one, the native liberians killed him (namely prince johnson and his crew) after he failed to give them what they wanted in return for ousting the Americo Liberians who treated the natives badly, from office. He,in turn did the same thing to other tribes...some of whom (being pagans lol) were known for cannibalism. In fact doe's own tribe (krahn) practice that. The only thing AAs were guilty of is using the same tactic they ran from (white on black oppression) on Africans who were gracious enough to give them land.

@all: Now we are living in different times, and many AAs and caribbeans who are interested in living in africa do not have the same mentalities as the americo liberians of the past and thus would have no problems interacting with the natives. Ghana, Ethiopia, (Zimbabwe) and South Africa are known to have Caribbean (and some AA) repatriate communities. However, truth be told should AAs, Caribbean and Afro. Latinos decide in large groups to return the best option would be to acquire land (uninhabited...yes there are parts of africa that are not inhabited mainly in central africa) and to start from there.

The only problem I see other than economic complications would be how the Afro. Latin/Caribbeans and AAs would live together lol.

Anyway, it may or may not happen but either way I wish them luck!!
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

huh and these half-bred slaves what to come and ruin the beautiful lands of Central Africa. angry angry angry angry

filthy akata ate Pres. Doe alive! I HATE THEM CANNIBALS!

just as they ate this Krahn tribesman of the soil, they are planning to eat us African Indigenes up. if they ever talk such things in my homeland, i will shoot them dead.

yes this inbred coon did say that!!
my eyes did not deceive me. tongue sadly.

not sure what makes you think AAs/Caribs owe you anything or need anything from you. Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but this akata crap is getting old right now. You act like we came on the ships willingly or migrated west via plane. FOH.

YES!! We are mixed! Blame your kind 600 years ago who sold each other out. We didn't ask to be here. No we don't have tribes--DON'T NEED THEM!! You all do and what has it done for you?! Are you not still in Oyinboland?! grin Not America..na UK you dey!! Na lie?! Oh ok!!

As far as I am concerned you have nothing to do with central africa or us for that matter yet your obsession with anything "akata" continues. tongue

Anyway!! I wish any repatriate luck! People like Pagan9ja have completely turned me off as far as Africa is concerned. TBH.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by bigfrancis21: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

yes this inbred coon did say that!!
my eyes did not deceive me. tongue sadly.

not sure what makes you think AAs/Caribs owe you anything or need anything from you. Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning but this akata crap is getting old right now. You act like we came on the ships willingly or migrated west via plane. FOH.

YES!! We are mixed! Blame your kind 600 years ago who sold each other out. We didn't ask to be here. No we don't have tribes--DON'T NEED THEM!! You all do and what has it done for you?! Are you not still in Oyinboland?! grin Not America..na UK you dey!! Na lie?! Oh ok!!

As far as I am concerned you have nothing to do with central africa or us for that matter yet your obsession with anything "akata" continues. tongue

Anyway!! I wish any repatriate luck! People like Pagan9ja have completely turned me off as far as Africa is concerned. TBH.
Its so sweet watching ms. kails dumdum lock fists with pagan 9Ja, her woman wrapper best friend on the African American-Igbo thread! shocked shocked grin grin
Ms. Dummy tryna prove she aint dumb finally, with her fiery sermons all o'er the place. grin grin
Let me take the backstage and watch as the war brews on and on. *thinking to myself* where is my glass of chamdor wine grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by bigfrancis21: 11:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
pleep: Africa is as hot as donkey nuts dude. grin

Seconded!
We have massive desperate africans queuing up 6 to 6 everyday at the US embassy trying to escape from the terrifying scorching African heat while some people already living in a land flowing with milk and honey wanna jet back here. What an odd world. grin
400 years ago africans were taken forcefully to the US/caribbean against their wishes but now land a US slave ship at Calabar/Bonny ports and see if you won't see huge swathes of africans willingly jumping inside with their own self-made chains. grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 12:55am On Feb 20, 2013
pleep: im saying a bunch of A.A's from the Brox wont last a month in Africa with no, AC, electricty etc. And it would take you up to ten years to create that stuff from scratch.

LOl, funny.. but nothing more than a presumption. But what exactly is your fascination with the Bronx? undecided That's like the second time you made a reference to Bronx in regard to this topic. I find that rather odd considering that the vast majority of the AA population doesn't live in the Bronx, or even the Northern part of the nation period. Most live in the much warmer South of the Nation, with the highest concentrations existing in the Gulf states, whom's average yearly temperatures are equivalent to that of many areas of the Central African (Congo) region, as I've shown in an earlier post. On top of that, the very hot South-Western states of the nation have some of the fastest growing black populations in the nation, so obviously heat is not much of an issue.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 1:53am On Feb 20, 2013
why is that azztard quoting me?
like seriously was I talking to him?!
I don't think so.

Somebody tell the oloshi to "POOF!"
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by DuduNegro: 2:10am On Feb 20, 2013
I think the topic of a back to africa movement must first concewntrate on the legitimacy of the rights of return. Other issues such as land access and authority are secondary. climatic comforts is a mute point, shouldnt even be a topic for discussion.

the first and most important issue is "DO AFRICAN AMERICANS AND CARRIBEANS HAVE A RIGHT OF RETURN TO AFRICA?"

I vote YES, they do! This does not mean that they will all want to return. I will expantiate on this a little bit.

I dont see Haitians, Brazilians, Cubans, Jamaicans, and most of the Carribean blacks uprooting to come and resettle in Africa right away for many reasons but the knowledge that a right of return exist for them and their children brings with it a new sense of security and perspective. A new freedom, physically and particularly spiritually.

For the African Americans, the knowledge that they have a right of return will no doubt create an immediate relief and millions will exercise that right immediately.

The resettlement itself will not be a smooth ride, there will be pains for both indigenes and resettlers but there is a learning curve and a reconciliation period that may span, possibly up to 3 or 4 generations, before the two are reunited into one people again.

Africa has been divided amongst itself for a long time, the return of africans in diaspora could create an involuntary catalyst that will help accelerate a sense of unity, togetherness and common purpose and destiny for the african continent.

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 6:31am On Feb 20, 2013
Lol a bunch of rich amricans setting up shop in centrail africa will fall prey to any number of rebel groups.

The fact is no african countie will give up land for your return. And even if you did you assume that the land will become some massive success. Why I mean look what happend last time you where given land in africa. That place is still a mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by AjanleKoko: 8:11am On Feb 20, 2013
andrewza: Lol a bunch of rich amricans setting up shop in centrail africa will fall prey to any number of rebel groups.

The fact is no african countie will give up land for your return. And even if you did you assume that the land will become some massive success. Why I mean look what happend last time you where given land in africa. That place is still a mess.

Yeah. Maybe they think they're Jews, and will get support from somewhere.
Not gonna happen. East Africa is the hotbed of rebel groups. From Congo to Rwanda, Uganda to Kenya. Well-armed and dangerous.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 9:19am On Feb 20, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Yeah. Maybe they think they're Jews, and will get support from somewhere.
Not gonna happen. East Africa is the hotbed of rebel groups. From Congo to Rwanda, Uganda to Kenya. Well-armed and dangerous.

Why do I have this image of a ghetho gang banger holding his tech 9 side ways shooting a M 23 tank.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by DuduNegro: 9:46am On Feb 20, 2013
you guys must live in the ghetto in America because all your perspectives are limited to the possible importation of ghetto customs into Africa. Africa is the way it is with all its wars and hunger and poverty and negative image because the people are robbed of democratic power to produce a different outcome for the land. power is concentrated in the hands of a few who use it to oppress than liberate.

well, this is exactly the same barrier and hardship that the african americans face. even though they live in a democratic government theyr are disempowered and their voice and productivity is herded toward a dead end outcome that continue the orbit of destruction.

if you look in the music and the pictures and videos and movies of african americans between 60s and 80s you will see a very ideal family and houshold and community progress. they dressed well and were well mannered...but gradually the government fvckd it up for them.

same here in africa......go and look at the pictures of any african city between 50s and 80s, very serene and calm and well groomed with aesthetic forms in the landscape. it is different now, we have decay and chaos all around most african cities and the people themselves are infected by it in the way we relate with one another.

how would you feel for all countries of the world to deny africans entry to their land because of the condition of our communities and way of living in africa?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 10:06am On Feb 20, 2013
Dudu_Negro: you guys must live in the ghetto in America because all your perspectives are limited to the possible importation of ghetto customs into Africa. Africa is the way it is with all its wars and hunger and poverty and negative image because the people are robbed of democratic power to produce a different outcome for the land. power is concentrated in the hands of a few who use it to oppress than liberate.

well, this is exactly the same barrier and hardship that the african americans face. even though they live in a democratic government theyr are disempowered and their voice and productivity is herded toward a dead end outcome that continue the orbit of destruction.

if you look in the music and the pictures and videos and movies of african americans between 60s and 80s you will see a very ideal family and houshold and community progress. they dressed well and were well mannered...but gradually the government fvckd it up for them.

same here in africa......go and look at the pictures of any african city between 50s and 80s, very serene and calm and well groomed with aesthetic forms in the landscape. it is different now, we have decay and chaos all around most african cities and the people themselves are infected by it in the way we relate with one another.

how would you feel for all countries of the world to deny africans entry to their land because of the condition of our communities and way of living in africa?

What you talking about.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by vanstanzy(m): 11:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Its a nice move... smiley smiley smiley What? are they nuts, Africa will drain their blood. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by bunchyproject(m): 11:04am On Feb 20, 2013
Don't know much
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by k10: 11:09am On Feb 20, 2013
I believe it can be done, it might not be a large area, maybe something like an island to start with, only problem is where can you find a govt that can give you such land without any interference especially when there is a change in govt.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 20, 2013
odumchi: Honestly I think it's impossible. Just as wealthy Chinese businessmen cannot buy a section of the United States in order to establish a new country, it cannot be done anywhere in Africa.

Why? Simply because the people of Africa regard land very highly. If you were to come in and attempt to buy my father's land and use it to set up a sovereign country void of any of my father's children, don't be surprised if i began plotting against you lol. Just as those Africans you mentioned found such an idea disrespectful, I too also find it as such.

Just imagine asking an American if you could purchase a state and use it to establish your own sovereign state free of Americans...
You just spoke my mind.It makes no sense when it comes to the aspect of where they are to settle.But the issue of coming back home is good but i am not contemplating it for the now.But my kids will surely come back to Naija for their High school.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 20, 2013
They don spoil there finish then wan come spoil here.hmhmhm our eyes dey red here o. Una fit come but no fvckups because... make I reserve my comment. This no be threat but advise.

Keri hillson can come I will marry her 4 her to get citizenship grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:19am On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss: I personally know of many well off Black-Americans and Afro-Caribbeans who have stated that they wouldn't mind moving their families and business operations to Africa and this includes me as well, but one major hang up is a strong lack of acceptance to live under African rule. Now you can call this bigoted or hateful in some other fashion, but in all reality the majority of the reasoning expressed in regard to the issue, were not so much bigoyted as apposed to being simply being of a mind set of wantingu tou fully control the surroundings of their operations.

They basically want to gather up a congregation of middle and upper class black diaspora and buy out a large stretch land from, let say Angola or the DR. Congo, with an agreement for the said land to be fully liberated into the control of the group, to stand as their own independent nation, void of any African natives . They'll bring their money, businesses and such to this land and basically turn it into a progressive utopia of their life back in the Americas.

I mentioned this to a few Africans I associate with, and they found this highly offensive, for various reasons. But I'd like to know what you'all think of such a desire or plan.

@Op, it really depends on why you feel the need to come back? Is it becouse you want a land or country that you can call your own? Or is it becouse you want to be in Africa as home? Or are there any other reasons?

I for one know manny AA who have moved permanently to SA and are living in the affluent surburbs and are happy and have their community churches and social gathering/ fiests every now and then. They seem to be quite happy with their lives and have assimulated well to the country.

I think your response to this will shed more light in answering your question.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2013
The MOON is still very much uninhabited. You guys can make a go for it.

If that's not enough. There is also Mars and Venus tongue.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2013
Its offensive, I think you guys should use your money to sandfill a massive expanse of the Pacific Ocean and name it your country or continent. Its best not to ridicule Africa, its particularly insulting to be ridiculed by fellow humanoid species.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by sweetcheecks(f): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Blyss:

Despite the fact of that on this side of the world we operate upon a quarterly seasonal pattern, is really of no regard when comparing weather patterns around the world. A much more accurate assessment is to base it upon a month to month scale, the average monthly temperatures for the deep south, typically the gulf region, throughout the year is nearly identical to that of Gabon, Republic of Congo, western DR Congo, southern Cameroon and Cabinda province of Angola.

Heres a scale for Libreville, Gabon compared with one from Tampa Florida.

As you can see, the yearly temperature levels are nearly the same, with the only difference being that time of year the two regions receive their lowest and highest temperatures during the year. This is simply do to the fact of that they lie on nearly opposite sides of the world. smiley smiley

Your main problem here is that you think inside a box of past successes. smiley Those nations you've mentioned were basically land grab nations forged into success via time tested means of slow and steady progression. They weren't fully planned nations as this one will be. Every street, highway, sewage line, electrical line and more will in this new nation will be pre- planned upon the landscape years before even one construction truck breaks its ground. Every city, town and industry will be pre-planned and built in fazes depending on the scale of population growth. Investment funds will not be a problem, this is a fact, as long as the number of AA migrants needed to successfully fulfill the percentages needed to accommodate each faze of development remains at par; this I doubt will be a problem. Billions will liquidly flow into the development yearly from the mother ship USA alone for the reasons I've explained before in my past extended post. Once ground development starts it won't take more than 30 years to achieve that in which I've stated.

That is the first thing we considered. Hence I desire to get the land from central Africa. Central Africa's mineral density is so vast that no matter where you settle, there's going to be some form of mineral wealth to be had, but in reality that would be of no real use to use in the larger scheme of the society in which we'd aim to develope. We don't seek to developed a natural resource supply state, but rather and nation developing and supplying products on the finished end, as well as one in which feeds off of dividends from infrastructural investments in other nations, such as supermarkets, malls, toll roads, agriculture, banks, schools, communications, insurance and more. This will be worth much, much more to the nations economy than any minerals we could dig up or pump out of the land and sale to some other nation. Besides, most of any mineral deposits we are blessed with, will mostly go toward development of our own industrial growth, but why destroy our land by using up our own when we can easily invest in getting it from one of are neighbors. smiley smiley

Well, like I said Ace, this really will mean nothing to use in the long run, in that we will not be forming a typical natural resource supply based economy as typically is the case with most African nations. If we have some natural resources on our land, then that'll be great, but if not then it really wont be of any great concern to us in that the direction in which we'll be spearheading the economy won't seriously effected in anyway by us not having any natural resources. All around us, other nations will have all that we'll need, and what we'll need won't be much.. in that the vast majority of the nations wealth will be made off of the consumer spending of the African nations we invest our funds in as well as the Caribbean, South America and more. The nation will be much more corporate and light industrial based than heavy industrial.

Obtaining a piece of land with coastal access is of course a big desire, but it's not a deal breaker based on the type of economy established. But of course if we're given a piece of land locked territory, we'll demand a security on our road and rail transport of goods through our neighboring nations, as well as least access to a sea port or two.

I'm a well traveled, well informed AA, with extensive exposure to the professional and none-professional community, this is how I know. Most will not be interested in this venture, based on some idea of coming back to the motherland to become chummy with the local Africans. No most will be doing so for total AA based self-fulfilling reasons. They'd want the nation to be nearly totally AA; this means unless you are invited by a local entity into the nation for official business or a short visit for vacationing or visitations purposes, you will not be allowed in, and visa affairs will be heavily monitored.

This means if you have been allowed to come in to handle your business for 3 months, then on or by that expiration date of that 3rd month, you better not be still residing in the nation, unless an extension has been given. If you overstay your visa period by even one day, you will be hunted down and thrown out promptly, and not allowed to return for an extensive amount of time to be determined based on the reason for your tardiness. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Boarders will be secured will a robust redundant electrical fencing network, and pill boxes, as well being staffed with a border patrol 24/7 and all boarder entry points into and out of the nation will be heavily secured. The only non-AA or Diasporan, if the nation is a conglomerate creation between diaspora blacks, that will be allowed citizenship will be those whom are married into the
immediate family of the AA/Diasporan citizen of the nation,
and any child or parent dependent of that spouse.

@Op, I think you answer my previous questions in this piece. I am shocked shocked shocked shocked at your proposal, especially when you are explaining in detail. Meaning you want to come back here to
1.Take advantage of the riches of this land and lock out natives of that land
2. You have no interest in the people or the culture of African
3. Want to come and build another America in Africa
4. Are you familiar with the of "Apartheid system" in SA? Those people were thinking exactly like you do.
5. More specifically your idea sounds more like a so called "Afrikaaner homeland" Oranje in the Free state. Please google
this and see if you are not having the same aspirations as this
folks?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by lekkie073(m): 11:44am On Feb 20, 2013
and who says we will welcome back slaves? abeggiiii...

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by IKenn(m): 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
u guys should jus go to north korea n shop for nice nuclear weapons then use the weapons to clean out cameroun. The huge debris left behind can be swept into the ocean. U can then pay the camerounian citizens who were not in d country when the wipe out was being carried out $500m each for their land, they'll thankfully accept. Case closed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27)

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / Ooni Ogunwusi Off To UN Headquarters In New York (Pctures) / Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.