Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

How To Make Soft Chin-chin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Soft Chin-chin (44143 Views)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / See What I Found Inside A Soft Drink / How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Soft Chin-chin by MyneWhite1(f): 8:17am On Feb 05, 2013
I prefer my Chin-chin not too crunchy, so I use eggs, and more milk, butter and sugar. There is no rising or baking, so rolling and cutting the dough is the only complicated part of the process.

Ingredients
2 eggs
500g of Plain Sieved Flour
75ml of 2% milk
150g of sugar
150g of butter
1/2 a teaspoon of salt
1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 a teaspoon of Lion Curry mixed spices
Vegetable Oil (enough to deep fry or half your pot)

Directions

1. Pour the sugar into the milk and leave to soak.
2. In your mixing bowl, mix the salt, baking powder and spices into flour, then rub in the butter till it has mixed well and looks like bread crumbs.
3. Add the eggs, plus sugar and milk mixture to the mixture and mix by hand till the dough is smooth. If it feels too wet, add a little more flour.
4. Spread some flour on a dry surface, place the dough on it and roll it out flat.
5. Cut into desired sizes and deep fry

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Soft Chin-chin by MissyB3(f): 9:30am On Feb 05, 2013
Thanks for the recipe!
Re: How To Make Soft Chin-chin by sandra79(f): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Tnx for the recipe.....will try it dis christmas.
Re: How To Make Soft Chin-chin by armyofone(m): 5:13am On Dec 07, 2013
I'd like to try your recipe. Please 500g equal how many cups ?
Re: How To Make Soft Chin-chin by latrust(f): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
Perfect
Re: How To Make Soft Chin-chin by marketresearch: 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Chin-Chin: Pour, Shake, Crunch!

Sometimes called Nigerian cookies, Chin-Chin is a sweet snack made of fried dough. We like it not too hard, not too soft, enough to deliver that satisfying crunch. Kids, their parents and their grandparents all love this snack.

for Nigerians living in the US looking for ChinChin in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/chin-chin
Re: How To Make Soft Chin-chin by marquiseT(f): 4:07am On Jan 25, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / The Cake Design A Man Ordered Vs What He Received (Photos) / Check How Much My Mother Used To Buy Garri And How Much I'm Buying Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.