Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Malaria Is Really Dealing With Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Malaria Is Really Dealing With Me (2077 Views)

Mothers Please Take Care Of Your Children, Malaria Is Out With All Its Tentacles / What Drug Can A Pregnant Woman Feeling Malaria Take ?? / How Malaria Is Spread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaria Is Really Dealing With Me by plural: 9:47am On Feb 05, 2013
Dear All,

Welcome to the new year.
I need the help of medical professionals in the house.

Background: My genotype is AA and in the last five years I have had a lot of history/issues with malaria.
Fast forward to January 2013.

Between January 3rd 2013 and February 2nd, I have had about four different treatments for malaria. All these to no avail.
Symptoms include Joint pain, fever, headache, weakness of the body.

-Treatment No 1: I went to the hospital and after tests it was confirmed that I have malaria.
I was given a combination of drugs including 4 tablets of Fansidar. I can't remember the other drug I combined with Fansidar.

- Treatment No 2: When there was no relief from the first treatment, I went to the clinic in the Office and was given Lumether. This did not bring the desired results.

- Treatment No 3: I went back to the hospital and requested for a full test. The tests included Malaria, Widal, FBS, CBC, LFT, etc. After the tests it was confirmed that I still have malaria. I was given a combination of Artemether Injection (3days) and Camoquin tablets.

- Treatment No 4: I did not get relief from treatment no 3 I went back to the hospital. The doctor deduced that I might have resistant malaria and requested for more tests. The tests included Malaria and Hepatitis B. I was still positive for Malaria and negative for Hepatitis B. The doctor decided to put me on Quinine injection for 3 days and quinine tablets for 5 days. However, after taking the Quinine tablet for a night I vomited. I went back to the doctor who converted the Quinine tablets to Quinine injections. In total, I received six different doses of Quinine injection Morning and Night.

I feel better now. However, in case I am not fully out of the woods yet, what do I do?

Are there any alternatives, herbal or orthodox.
Also note that in the past I have gone for HIV screening and tested negative. I have also not been exposed to it.
In the past few weeks I have also started using insecticides inside the bedroom. I also fumigated the surrounding with Sniper

Best regards.
Re: Malaria Is Really Dealing With Me by nas4q(m): 10:17am On Feb 05, 2013
I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS. I ONCE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT BECAUSE I READ HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY I WAS ABLE TO DEDUCE THE LIKELY PROBLEMS. WHAT WORKS FOR ME NOW IS A COMBINATION OF ARTHEMETHER AND LUMEFANTRINE EVERY 3MONTHS ALONG WITH AMOXICILLIN CAPSULES ONE AND A HALF SATCHET. THIS CURES ALL SYMPTOMS OF CEREBRAL MALARIA AND TYPHOID FEVER. THEN EVERY 3WEEKS I TAKE LARIDOX TABLETS FOR CURE AND PREVENTION OF QUICK ONSET MALARIA. SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MALARIA AGAIN
Re: Malaria Is Really Dealing With Me by gawab: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
Just go to herbal market and buy mistletoe leaves. Take it regularly as tea. Call 08184408033 for further help. Misletoe is afomo in yoruba language. Mistletoe will keep away malaria from you.
Re: Malaria Is Really Dealing With Me by wharlz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
plural:
Dear All,

Welcome to the new year.
I need the help of medical professionals in the house.

Background: My genotype is AA and in the last five years I have had a lot of history/issues with malaria.
Fast forward to January 2013.

Between January 3rd 2013 and February 2nd, I have had about four different treatments for malaria. All these to no avail.
Symptoms include Joint pain, fever, headache, weakness of the body.

-Treatment No 1: I went to the hospital and after tests it was confirmed that I have malaria.
I was given a combination of drugs including 4 tablets of Fansidar. I can't remember the other drug I combined with Fansidar.

- Treatment No 2: When there was no relief from the first treatment, I went to the clinic in the Office and was given Lumether. This did not bring the desired results.

- Treatment No 3: I went back to the hospital and requested for a full test. The tests included Malaria, Widal, FBS, CBC, LFT, etc. After the tests it was confirmed that I still have malaria. I was given a combination of Artemether Injection (3days) and Camoquin tablets.

- Treatment No 4: I did not get relief from treatment no 3 I went back to the hospital. The doctor deduced that I might have resistant malaria and requested for more tests. The tests included Malaria and Hepatitis B. I was still positive for Malaria and negative for Hepatitis B. The doctor decided to put me on Quinine injection for 3 days and quinine tablets for 5 days. However, after taking the Quinine tablet for a night I vomited. I went back to the doctor who converted the Quinine tablets to Quinine injections. In total, I received six different doses of Quinine injection Morning and Night.

I feel better now. However, in case I am not fully out of the woods yet, what do I do?

Are there any alternatives, herbal or orthodox.
Also note that in the past I have gone for HIV screening and tested negative. I have also not been exposed to it.
In the past few weeks I have also started using insecticides inside the bedroom. I also fumigated the surrounding with Sniper

Best regards.
good day pls how were you able to finally treat this resistance malaria and also prevent future infections

(1) (Reply)

This Is Onome, The Victim Of The July 13th Bullion Van Accident Along (PHOTOS) / Please Where Can I Buy Melatonin In Lagos? / See How To Locally Treat External Piles (hemorrhoids); Symptoms, Remedy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.