Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? (14167 Views)

The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / What's The Most Annoying Or Shocking Thing A Kid Has Ever Told You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by damiso(f): 10:43am On Feb 05, 2013
Hi everyone,saw this topic on a parenting website i frequent and thought to post here.

Let me go first.Cant really say i have horrible experiences as i tend to always look at people's good sides as opposed to the bad.Generally i have never been a cliquey BFF till i die kind of person.I have always been an inbetweener.When i was uni some of my friends called me their best friend but to me they were just good friends.Guess cos its cos i understand that we are human and are all fallible so i dont place unnecesssary pressure on another person to be perfect.I had friends that were so called bubblers(i wonder if that term is still correct smiley) to the outright geeks.The day one girl in my class saw me in the Library the shock on her face was so funny cos she prob thought i did not know where the library was grin.

I personally cant say a friend has done something so awful to me.Maybe the ones i notice that try to compete with you at everything in a subtle way.Always trying to make you know that they are doing waaaaay better than you.But as my signature says Life is not a sprint and me am not competing with nobody.They just amuse me and i try not to hold it against them,some people are just very competitive by nature,the only way they feel validated is knowing they are doing better than someone else and thats all good.

So whats the worst thing you feel a friend or as this is family section a relative has done to you?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by baby124: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2013
Where do I even begin? I used to think I had solid friends until I got betrayed by 2 out of 4. Now I am very careful. Although I still have faith in the other 2, and some other of my baby-hood friends. One out of those 2 was just obsessed in doing better than me. She will go out of her way to spoil me or anything I hold dear. Many mad people dey o. Be very careful, especially when you have a home. I would rather die with my secrets or ride solo than tell a single soul again. I still love the ones I love and know we will be friends for a long time. Besides they have more to offer than the mad, insecure twats I dumped and left alone in their madness. Always be aware of people around you and be sure of their intentions. Don't be too trusting, even a family member can betray you, not to talk of friends. Most people have an agenda in your life, figure it out.

13 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 05, 2013
Every human being I have ever met, I have trusted wholeheartedly from the get go, the ones who are asses were quick to show their true colours and I ran. I have a small circle of friends that I trust, so far no betrayal no bitchiness.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by damiso(f): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2013
Scratch my first post on some people being competitive.I think we all are,i remember one of my best childhood memories was coming first and beating the boy that was always first position and me 2nd grin.Unfortunately it was for one term only.

I think its bad when you try to pull the other person down as baby illustrated.Its worse when you are even meant to be friends.The world is big enough for us to all succeed in our own peculiar ways.If my friend is a CEO in a bank and i need to do business with them no be to my own advantage.I guess envy is a very strong emotion so some ppl cant stand the notion of being not the one good things are happening to.

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2013
I hope this makes front page, would like to see more comments.
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by baby124: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2013
damiso: Scratch my first post on some people being competitive.I think we all are,i remember one of my best childhood memories was coming first and beating the boy that was always first position and me 2nd grin.Unfortunately it was for one term only.

I think its bad when you try to pull the other person down as baby illustrated.Its worse when you are even meant to be friends.The world is big enough for us to all succeed in our own peculiar ways.If my friend is a CEO in a bank and i need to do business with them no be to my own advantage.I guess envy is a very strong emotion so some ppl cant stand the notion of being not the one good things are happening to.

I think only a psychopath will behave like that. Funny thing is with all her efforts, God keeps lifting me up while she keeps digging nasty holes for herself. Her life is such a mess now. In all, I give thanks to God for shaming and embarassing my frenemies. They shall be exposed one by one. God is very much in the business of taking care of his own. She was that type of friend that delights in other's sorrow. Doing things on the back end to even sabotage her friends relationships and marriages. I pity whoever calls her a friend and her baby daddy.Only badluck can follow such a wicked, negative and bitter person. Me, I packed all my load and ran for dear life, before it becomes too much for her and she decides to harm me. The whole thing was so crazy. Hmm. Better late than never! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by tomakint: 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2013
Friends will either make or mar you, just choose your friends carefully!!!

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by iamswizz(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
One guy finish my garri before me

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Asis(m): 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Long story short,ws patted me in d back,graced deceitful assurances and den stabbed...
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by slimlizzy: 12:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
it's just when my so-called bosom friend publicized my privacy in a bid to gain favor from my brother.at first i thought i had somebody as a friend, not until she betrayed the trust. i had learn lessons from that, and nothing in life would ever make me to have trust in somebody again.
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by condralbede(m): 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Coming back home to meet my woman being straffed by my padi...choi it was nver a good experience.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Ebestsmscom: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Lied against me.

Although he received my punch.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by bigfat02: 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
[size=15pt]i have helped 75% of my friends but in turn they betrayed me ,i will be going for payers soon .WHY ME ALL THE TIME....[/size]

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thanks
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by kennytidistar(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2013
She touch my head by robbing it then i fell sick. She didnt know it against my nature for any lady out of wedlock to do that to me. Then she stop being my friend and she became my enemy.
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by 80million1: 12:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
threw away my fan ice 'lolly' way back in Primary 2.

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by abiki(f): 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
While we're at it, we shouldn't forget the worst things you've done to our friends too.

8 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by ifihearam: 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
You can have anyone as friends but stay clear from jealous and competitive friends they can go to any length to ensure they are more successful than you.

8 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by feminineA: 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
Have not been very lucky with friends o really bEen dissapointed over and over. Am too trusting. Can trust anyone till you give me a reason not to. But am always let down.so everyone is just a casual friend expect 2 I call my good friends
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by begwong: 12:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
my friend tried to snatch my girlfriend from me despite the fact that he was squatting with me.Had to throw him out with his ghana-must-go bag same nite.
****heard he slept in the toilet in our compound****

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Conspiring with some of my classmates to lie against me. That was during Secondary School days, JSS2. I was so annoyed & felt like grabbing his head in order to pull it out of his neck...
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Artistree: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Been betrayed 2x by people I could have laid down my life 4.
My supposed closest female friend wit whom I was friends 4 12yrs suddenly became jealous of me & said so MANY hurtful fings(2my face o) abt me & God, dey hurt so much I almost fainted...cried & couldn't eat for days.
Ain't gat no more human friends as I talk 2 God when I need 2talk.
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by BarryX(m): 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
Not allowing the most cherished position on nairaland
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by yuzedo: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Lol! Wish i could bring my private life on NL... *thinking* Nope! Nuh uhn! cool #StayFaffin' cool

#80million:
threw away my fan ice 'lolly' way back in Primary 2.
grin grin grin

abiki: While we're at it, we shouldn't forget the worst things you've done to our friends too.
Hear, hear! Cos na everybody be victim, nobody be aggressor. Everyone is faultless on NL, nobody dey sin! cool
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by alphaconde(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
I don't keep dangerous friends, I will rather hurt them first before they can get me angry. Oh are girl friends including ok? Yeah she keeps sleeping with a friend of hers. When I visit her and find the guy he doesn't leave the room when I leave they will start sleeping with each other. I just left them now sad
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by MissOpe(f): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
She stole my Jean...another stole my money and phone... Period... No blackmails.. No lies.. Whatever
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by mysticgal(f): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
she made me hate life wella.anyway a friend dat does not appreciate you is not a friend but a foe.
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
Is it not funny that all Nairalanders are all saints, and have been let down by friends ? No single person has confessed letting down a friend. Anyway, I let down many friends and I am not apologetic, cos its just the natural thing. Trust no one is a key word. But for me, its, trust not even yourself. So being let down by friends is never surprising to me cos its the natural paradigm

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by neksummi(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Is it not funny that all Nairalanders are all saints, and have been let down by friends ? No single person has confessed letting down a friend. Anyway, I let down many friends and I am not apologetic, cos its just the natural thing. Trust no one is a key word. But for me, its, trust not even yourself. So being let down by friends is never surprising to me cos its the natural paradigm

The question wasn't "What's the worst thing you have done to a friend?" So you don't expect us to answer wrongly.

Hmmm. This guy took the advantage of the fact that he was close to the family and went ahead of me to befriend the girl I told him I was eying to marry. His thought was how could he watch me marry such a beautiful girl under his nose? Before I came, the girl had already fallen for him. Worst part, he was denying that he asked her out. He was always complaining that it was the girl who was after him.

Guess what? They're no longer together. She called me last week just to greet me. But you know what? I don waka!

10 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Nazcoj(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
Not coming for my late father's burial, had no good excuse why he missed same, well guess d world is like dt

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Osama10(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
I helped a supposed close friend of mine who was in dire need of help with 120k, it was time for him to pay up stories started coming up from some weeks to months.

It came to a time my mum just told me to forget about the money and that is how I lost that cash till today.
Re: Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
neksummi:

The question wasn't "What's the worst thing you have done to a friend?" So you don't expect us to answer wrongly.

Hmmm. This guy took the advantage of the fact that he was close to the family and went ahead of me to befriend the girl I told him I was eying to marry. His thought was how could he watch me marry such a beautiful girl under his nose? Before I came, the girl had already fallen for him. Worst part, he was denying that he asked her out. He was always complaining that it was the girl who was after him.

Guess what? They're no longer together. She called me last week just to greet me. But you know what? I don waka!
Why would you waka ? They gods have played the ball into your court, what you have to do is Score! You dont have to marry her, but you can use her to make your friend miserable. Its called Pay Back Time. You know what to do my bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Destroys My Properties Whenever She Is Angry, Man Tells Court / How Did You Feel The First Time You Became A Father? / Husband Rejecting The Wife's Food. Immaturity Or Punishment For D Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.