Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! (2367 Views)

I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet / Religion Section 'awards Night' / Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? (2) (3) (4)

There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2013
Reading through some threads on the front page, there are many atheists out there that frequent the religion section without commenting. Sometimes, when I'm in other sections, some people that I have never spoken to say "logicboy keep up the good work" or "i also dont believe in religion"- these are people I have never seen on the religion section.

Furthermore, when you read comments on gay issues and issues on the church, many seem to care less about religion. My best thread is where people are tired of church services;
https://www.nairaland.com/1074090/how-cope-during-boring-church

Religion is running out of time. In Nigeria, it will take time but the inevitable path has been set

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by vedaxcool(m): 11:19am On Feb 05, 2013
No, they are many abdulsleek like kind of atheists (multiple IDs).
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 05, 2013
vedaxcool: No, they are many abdulsleek like kind of atheists (multiple IDs).

So funny, I forgot to laugh.
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by alexleo(m): 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
Logicboy03: Reading through some threads on the front page, there are many atheists out there that frequent the religion section without commenting. Sometimes, when I'm in other sections, some people that I have never spoken to say "logicboy keep up the good work" or "i also dont believe in religion"- these are people I have never seen on the religion section.

Furthermore, when you read comments on gay issues and issues on the church, many seem to care less about religion. My best thread is where people are tired of church services;
https://www.nairaland.com/1074090/how-cope-during-boring-church

Religion is running out of time. In Nigeria, it will take time but the inevitable path has been set

shut up and go find a better thing to do than this atheist this and atheist that, that you are always doing here. More atheists on nairaland yet you lost out in the voting even when two christians contested with you. Abeg commot for road make i see better things. PARASITE.
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
alexleo:

shut up and go find a better thing to do than this atheist this and atheist that, that you are always doing here. [b]More atheists on nairaland yet you lost out in the voting even when two christians contested with you. [/b]Abeg commot for road make i see better things. PARASITE.

You might have only failed maths in school but it gets worse; common sense also failed you. smiley

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by AtheistD(m): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
I frequented nairaland for a year before registering for some atheist vs theist threads. cheesy
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
Atheist:-D:
I frequented nairaland for a year before registering for some atheist vs theist threads. cheesy

Yep, I'm sure many are doing the same.

As for me, I came straight to talk about the excesses of religion
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
@Logicboy, I was a christian before, but through a lot of research, personal experiences, observations and posters such as yourself, I can now be regarded as a partial atheist, lol if there is a word like that.

I still believe there are other beings out there, can be higher or lower beings.

I believe books such as the bible, koran etc explains only a tiny fraction of what the universe has to offer, and moreover, they also contain a lot of falsehood.

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez: @Logicboy, I was a christian before, but through a lot of research, personal experiences, observations and posters such as yourself, I can now be regarded as a partial atheist, lol if there is a word like that.

I still believe there are other beings out there, can be higher or lower beings.

I believe books such as the bible, koran etc explains only a tiny fraction of what the universe has to offer, and moreover, they also contain a lot of falsehood.

Partial atheist or secular christian, I dont really mind.

I like people that think for themselves. So, congrats to you in seeing beyond your religion and realising that there is more knowledge in the universe outside the bible/quran.

Never stop searching smiley

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Heatblast(m): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
^^^
Plus you are female cheesy

You are probably agnostic btw smiley

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez: @Logicboy, I was a christian before, but through a lot of research, personal experiences, observations and posters such as yourself, I can now be regarded as a partial atheist, lol if there is a word like that.

I didnt even realise that you're also female. I wish we had more females that are freethinkers like yourself

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Partial atheist or secular christian, I dont really mind.

I like people that think for themselves. So, congrats to you in seeing beyond your religion and realising that there is more knowledge in the universe outside the bible/quran.

Never stop searching smiley

Thanx for the encouragement. Just figured out I might be agnostic, somewhere between the zombie christians and atheist such as yourself.

Anyway I am slowly going through all your threads, and nothing beats an intelligent post such as yours to stimulate the brain and add to my repertoire of knowledge. I swear I was becoming brain dead from reading a lot of post on nairaland.

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

Thanx for the encouragement. Just figured out I might be an agnostic, somewhere between the zombie christians and atheist such as yourself.

Anyway I am slowing going through all your threads, and nothing beats an intelligent post such as yours to stimulate the brain and add to my repetoire of knowledge. I swear I was becoming brain dead from reading a lot of post on nairaland.

Abeg ooo! Dont let my head swell! smiley

I have also made some mistakes in some of my arguments as well! I'm human also!

However, the overall point is that I want Nigerians to see beyond christianity and islam, beyond religion.

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Abeg ooo! Dont let my head swell! smiley

I have also made some mistakes in some of my arguments as well! I'm human also!

However, the overall point is that I want Nigerians to see beyond christianity and islam, beyond religion.

Modest as well. Be still my heart.

Just noticed I have some grammatical errors on my last post. Sorry about that, my brain thinks faster than I can type, and I sometimes omits words, even sentences. Lol
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

Modest as well. Be still my heart.

Just noticed I have some grammatical errors on my last post. Sorry about that, my brain thinks faster than I can type, and I sometimes omits words, even sentences. Lol

It cool smiley
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by ijawkid(m): 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

It cool smiley

E be like you don see wife .....just arrange wedding make we attend...grin
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2013
ijawkid:

You again.... smiley
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Lolz, e be lyk say u read my mind cheesy....
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
ijawkid:

@ijawkid, lol. I've been laughing so hard since I read this your post.
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Realestdude: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
I'm one of the atheists that don't post or comment Much. Keep up the good work logicboy. grin
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
Realestdude: I'm one of the atheists that don't post or comment Much. Keep up the good work logicboy. :DI'm one of the atheists that don't post or comment Much. Keep up the good work logicboy. grin

cheers mate!
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by ijawkid(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

You again.... smiley

Just marry so that I no go call you gay again.....hehehehehe...grin...
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by ijawkid(m): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

Lol........would you take logic bobo to be your lovely atheistic husband??........lol..grin
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Just marry so that I no go call you gay again.....hehehehehe...grin...
Are you married? Are you Christian? Do you fornicate? grin
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Bella3(f): 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol........would you take logic bobo to be your lovely atheistic husband??........lol..grin
You're a trouble makergrin
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Bella3(f): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

madam... I remember you. Shei na you call Jesus gay??
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
BĂ©lla3: madam... I remember you. Shei na you call Jesus gay??

Emm emm na me, but if you have read the whole thread, you should have been able to figure out why I said so. Your bible says the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life. I was speaking in parables. Try and figure out what I was trying to achieve.

Do not worry about it. Your Jesus still loves me smiley
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Abeg no wound pesin o!!
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Bella3(f): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
kmcutez:

Emm emm na me, but if you have read the whole thread, you should have been able to figure out why I said so. Your bible says the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life. I was speaking in parables. Try and figure out what I was trying to achieve.

Do not worry about it. Your Jesus still loves me smiley
Am supposed to be welcoming you, so no argument.
KEEP AN OPEN MIND.cheesy
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
It's good to see a female agnostic on here.we seem to be on a similar pedestal,kmcutez.
Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Dipwater(m): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I didnt even realise that you're also female. I wish we had more females that are freethinkers like yourself

What naija females know is how to eat and fart .
They don't think logically and read good books that wuld liberate them from mental slavery.its quite. Depressing chatting with females that do not think outside the box,

My word to the kmcutez, sweetie keep. On observing and tranforming ur life . Don't worry u will get there,its a step by step approach .thanks

Re: There Are More Atheists On Nairaland! Some Dont Use The Religion Section! by Bella3(f): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2013
Dipwater:

What naija females know is how to eat and fart .
They don't think logically and read good books that wuld liberate them from mental slavery.its quite. Depressing chatting with females that do not think outside the box,

My word to the kmcutez, sweetie keep. On observing and tranforming ur life . Don't worry u will get there,its a step by step approach .thanks
Nigerian gurls don suffer no be small.

SHOCKER!!!! We Heard Prophet Ajanaku Voice- Neighbours!!! / How Did Isaac Reap A Hundred Fold In Famine? / 80% Of Nigerian Pastors Get Their Powers From Occult Sources