Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland (716 Views)

We Need A Law Section On Nairaland / Why Is It That Romance Section Is The Most Visited Section On Nairaland / A Section On Nairaland That You've Never Visited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland by onatisi(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
seun thanks for this wonderful site ,i think we need a legal section on nl,in order to discuss legal issues .there are many legal cases which ppl require legal advice and counsel.this will make nl more attractive to more ppl.pls do kindly give this a thought.thank you.onatisi

2 Likes

Re: Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland by Onyinyechimara(f): 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
Totally agree

Someone died today, a very young beautiful girl and it was a totally needless death
She was young but she wasn't a minor
Our hands were tied not for lack of skill/ knowledge/resources
But because of an unexpected legality

She basically exsanguinated/ bled to death right before our eyes
She had signed a power of attorney refusing all blood/ blood products shortly before her admission
(judging from the date on it)
She did this when she was hale and hearty
It's my opinion that she didn't understand fully the implications
This poor girl could hardly spell so I don't think she knew what she had signed
(Was prepared by her church elders no doubt-Jehovah's Witness)
And when her level of consciousness dropped, there was no opportunity to review her decision

Now I want to know
If the grantor does not explicitly state that their wishes should remain in effect even after becoming incapacitated (comatose in this case) , does the attorney-in-fact still have authority to act on their behalf?
In Nigerian common law, can a durable power of attorney be overturned in court under any circumstance? .
Re: Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland by onatisi(m): 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2013
this one is above me ooo.
Re: Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland by Onyinyechimara(f): 12:30am On Feb 07, 2013
Wasn't meant for you per say o...........anybody can help, anyone with experience in these things
Re: Need For A Legal Section On Nairaland by page13(f): 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
@onatis where are you in ghana, can u reach me on this email pagt@ymail.com

(1) (Reply)

Your Brain Won,t Notice This / Picture: Ogun Police Uncover Ritualists’ Shrine / Male And Female, Who Are The Most Unique Rib Crackers On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.