Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:55 PM

::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: (78077 Views)

Beyond Faith / Lara's Tale Episode 2 / Lara's Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Olibaby(f): 9:27pm On May 04, 2016
Nice story...i wz xpectn 2 hear wen funke wl push lara away n shout 2 ha dat she z nt ha mother bt i guess d writer ddnt tink of dat.wel,it wz an interestn story.weldone@bukky

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Nphzzycute(f): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
nice writeup #more_power_2_ya_elbow

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Harrylord75(m): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2016
BukkyDan:
Thanks to ya'all for your encouragement.

;:::::::******;;;;;;;;;
Lara gazed at her full length at the mirror; satisfied by what she saw, she smiled to herself.
She smoothened the hips of her flimsy knee length gown, she loved her hips, its one of her greatest physical asset.

"Hmmm can't wait!" she told herself excitedly as she oiled her cornrows.
She should have fixed a weavon or plaited some braids as her friend-Deji had adviced, but she isn't a fan of those artificial stuffs, she preferred to go natural.

"What's lacking?" she asked her beautiful reflection.

"Nothing more, just to wait for the man." she chuckled.

Tony, her husband, would be back home, after spending five good months overseas on his so called 'business trips'.
Their marriage was barely a year, and Tony has spent more than half of it travelling. She hissed.

Their's was an arranged marriage, she had met Tony for the first time on their wedding day. She remembered how harsh he was on that day.
She shuddered at the thought.

He had always gave excuses when it comes to making love. He had never touched her, not even a kiss...

The door bell rang, interrupting her thoughts.

"Yea baby! Time for action!" she said excitedly as she catwalked to the door.

"Hey...welcome back home!" she said pleasantly as he walked in.

"Thank you!" Tony mumbled.

She tried to hug him, but he stoped her
"Please!" he raised his hands.

She swallowed hard, plan number one failed. Next plan...

"Errmm, why don't you take a cold shower? You must be tired after such a long journey...errmm, I'd be setting the table..so that errm...you can eat." Lara said with a sweet smile.

Tony ignored her, instead, he walked past her into his room.
Lara followed him with her eyes.
What was she gonna do, he still hates her this much. She sighed heavily sitting at the edge of a sofa.

She was lost in her thoughts when Tony's phone rang sharply. She stared at the phone as it vibrated on the center table, she was tempted to pick it but couldn't, Tony had warned her severally never to pick his calls.

"Hello Baby?" Tony said into the phone catching Lara's attention.

"Yea, just arrived few minutes ago." he said again.

Lara swallowed hard. Baby? Did he just call another woman baby?

"No no no! That's not true baby, you know I'll miss you more." Tony said again.

Lara rose sharply, she felt her anger rose, this was a disrespect to the highest order.

"Yea love, ama call ya later. Okay? Take care sweerie." he cooed softly before ending the call.

He turned to Lara who glaring at him.
"Why don't you get me my food, instead of you standing there like a palm tree?" he said scornfully.

"Who is she?" Lara blurted out.

" 'she' is not your business i-diot!" He snapped at her.

"Now move your bum into the kitchen!" he ordered.

Lara walked quitely into the kitchen, she was no longer angry but scared. She was scared of something she couldn't fathom.
Well, she won't give up, plan number three...

"so do you like the food?" she asked as she watched Tony eat up his food in mouthfuls.

"Your mum told me its your favourite dish." she added not minding his rude silence.

Tony coughed slightly, gulped down some water.
"Please Lara, let me eat in peace! Do I need to choke?" his voice was harsh.

"But..I..." she looked confused.

Tony rolled his eyes.
"I wonder why this illiterate girl can't just let me be!" He muttered at the Bewildered Lara.

"Can't you gerrit that I don't talk while eating? Didn't your mother teach you table manners?" he asked angrily.

"I'm sorry." Lara mumbled leaving the dinning area. Tears clouded her eyes, she looked visibly scared.

Tony watched her leave, he felt sorry for her. He shouldn't treat her that way, he knew! But he just hated the marriage, he was forced into it by his parents.
She was beautiful and lovable, but his anger has already taken over his heart.

His food became tasteless, he hated to see beautiful girls cry.

HELLO GUYZ.

AM A NEW MEMBER HERE.

HOPE AM WELCOME

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by josephmbonu: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2016
Following Following

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2016
Who carry this old cargo come?
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by tosynomolara(f): 8:30am On Sep 06, 2016
okay
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by drewsman: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2017
one of the best story ever i have read on nairaland

1 Like

Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Onechester: 9:51am On May 10, 2022
Captivating story Got Me Head
Re: ::::::::*lara's Faith *:::::::: by Ogamysamo: 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2023
hmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The One I Love / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) / My Book Of Rants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.