Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage (2441 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
kissing, to many, is not a sin and many thinks if a man kiss them or if they are kissed by the woman they intend to marry they have committed sin is it true?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Goshen360(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
^
No, it's not a sin. tongue kiss
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
Divepen: kissing to many is not a sin and many thinks if a man kiss them or if they are kissed by the woman they intend to marry they have committed sin is true

Sin against whom?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
hmm, what business do you have kissing a girl you are not even sure you will marry smiley
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
what if the persons involve are getting ready for marriage will you advise they do not try it since they love each other
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=ifeness]

Sin against whom?[/qu
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
aginst GOD
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Divepen: aginst GOD

And who is this god?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
If you are engaged to be married , I do not think so, but this is just my opinion.

Paul says :

"But if a man thinks that he's treating his fiancee improperly and will inevitably give in to his passion, let him marry her as he wishes. It is not a sin." - 1 Corinthians 7:36
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND THE EARTH
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Divepen: THE CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND THE EARTH

Really? Wow! And how did you know that?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Ishilove: 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
I'd rather not kiss because they awaken passions that can lead one to sin. However, I'd rather do some light kissing than gangster necking and petting.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by omiobo: 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
Holy kiss or unholy kiss? I know you are talking about unholy kiss. Don't go there,it is a sin.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by onyfrank: 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
ifeness:

Really? Wow! And how did you know that?
and hw did u know dat ur mother born u?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by advocate666: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
ifeness:

Sin against whom?

holy spirit
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by ooman(m): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
it is absolutely right
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by delkuf(m): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote
author=Ishilove]I'd rather not kiss because they awaken passions that
can lead one to sin. However, I'd rather do some light kissing than
gangster necking and petting. [/quote]Thank u very much. That is d point, it awaken passion, passion that lead to sin
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Image123(m): 12:37am On Feb 06, 2013
Goshen360: ^
No, it's not a sin. tongue kiss
can you be clearer oga?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Goshen360(m): 12:50am On Feb 06, 2013
^
Why you run comot from the other thread? Because I say I wan ask you question? cheesy

Anyway, as regards you demand for clarification, my answer is - to him that is pure, all things are pure. You still want further clarification?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Bella3(f): 2:28am On Feb 06, 2013
Why you run comot from the other thread? Because I say I wan ask you question? cheesy

Anyway, as regards you demand for clarification, my answer is - to him that is pure, all things are pure. You still want further clarification?
Does this all things that are 'pure' include premarital sex.x?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Goshen360(m): 2:35am On Feb 06, 2013
^
Is 'immorality' pure? cool
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Bella3(f): 2:43am On Feb 06, 2013
^you said 'to him that is pure all things are pure' which might include immorality.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 06, 2013
onyfrank:
and hw did u know dat ur mother born u?

I saw my mum,incliding the pictures lol

How did you know yahweh created humans? Care to show some evidence?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by EvilBrain1(m): 2:48am On Feb 06, 2013
omiobo: Holy kiss or unholy kiss? I know you are talking about unholy kiss. Don't go there,it is a sin.

More detail please. Exactly what type of kiss is holy? Is kissing on the cheek ok? What about on the neck, or other places? Which body parts are out of bounds? Is all kissing on the mouth unholy, or just open mouthed kisses? How much tongue is acceptable before God?

We should really try and thrash out this issue because a lot of people are at risk of going astray.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Goshen360(m): 2:53am On Feb 06, 2013
@ Bella3,

Na wha for u o. There're scriptures clearly against immorality and premarital s.ex. Now, I said to kiss someone the OP "might" intend to marry is not a sin because if the heart of the OP is 'pure' and nothing further is intended in the heart, how then does such kiss become a sin?
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 06, 2013
Divepen: kissing to many is not a sin and many thinks if a man kiss them or if they are kissed by the woman they intend to marry they have committed sin is true

Good morning Dive,

The answer to your question is not a simple "Yes" or "No". The act of kissing in itself is not sinful just like the act of having s*x in itself is not. But when s*x is used in a way that it is not designed for, then it becomes illicit, immoral and as a consequence sinful e.g premarital s*x.

In the same way, kissing if not properly channeled can be sinful. S*xual pleasure is morally disordered when sought for itself. If an activity is by its nature highly (s*xually) stimulating, then it belongs only in marriage. This ofcourse would make French kissing and touching sensitive areas sinful.

There are some promoters of chastity who propose never kissing until the wedding day. They seem oblivious to the 'tender', 'gentle' and 'affectionate' kissing which if done correctly is not sinful; and on the contrary, this is an active display of tenderness. This however is quite different from the desire to appease sensuality.

Affectionate kissing can be a way to manifest a feeling of nearness, especially if it is brief. Prolonged kissing, even if done in a tender, affectionate way, is a way of enjoying each other, more than communicating nearness or solidarity. I believe this is sinful and it is rather immaterial whether the individual is our fiancé or not.

Well for me as an individual, I will advice that we try to avoid kissing if we can cause if we can do it without getting arous*d, can we say same for our partners?

Thank you!
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Image123(m): 7:10am On Feb 06, 2013
can you guys please practice what you preach or at least be man enough to preach what you practice? It's getting nauseating, the phariseeism.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Image123(m): 7:15am On Feb 06, 2013

This is more unclear, meanwhile your tithe debt is accumulating you'll need that accountant.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by ijawkid(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2013
Who invent kiss sef??......grin
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Image123(m): 7:23am On Feb 06, 2013
ijawkid: Who invent kiss sef??......grin
Labaran Jonathan, thank me later.
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by onyfrank: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2013
ifeness:

I saw my mum,incliding the pictures lol

How did you know yahweh created humans? Care to show some evidence?
ok u saw ur mum and d pix ba, ok me i read it in d scriptures and i saw d wonders and beauty of d universe.
So in all, u bliv say na ur mum born u wit FAITH
Re: Should A Christain Kiss Before Marriage by Bella3(f): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2013
Goshen360: @ Bella3,

Na wha for u o. There're scriptures clearly against immorality and premarital s.ex. Now, I said to kiss someone the OP "might" intend to marry is not a sin because if the heart of the OP is 'pure' and nothing further is intended in the heart, how then does such kiss become a sin?
No mind me ogrin. But i think it is best avoided.wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

On Coza / Nobody Is Going To Heaven / What Is The Abuja Declaration Of 1989 And Have You Seen The Edited Declaration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.