Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:53 AM

Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) (9288 Views)

Pls I Need 2002 Toyota Avensis Wagon 2.0 16v Vvt-i D4 Executive 150 Hp Automatic / Honda Accord Tcs Light / Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by chevchenko: 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2008
Guys,

I need help on my car, occasionally the TCS light comes on and D4 gear light starts flashing, the car also finds it hard to move, but when I put off the Engine and starts it again, it will start working normally without the TCS light.

what could be responsible for this? if you know any good mechanic that can work on this type of thing or you have had similar experience kindly share it with me.

many thanks!
Re: Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by abbyode(m): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2008
Is your transmission fluid gauged? Please ensure this,
Re: Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by fotodaddy: 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2008
My friend's Odyssey did exactly the same thing. Eventually it stopped changing gears and he had to replace the gear box. The "new" gearbox started the same behaviour anout 5000 km later. Now he is stuck again waiting for the gearbox to go again.

Brace up for expenses!!!
Re: Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by sultaan(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2008
Google Honda Odyssey tcs light, and see what comes up.
Transmission is on its way out, get a rebuilt one.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee93ee8/5536

Then after that get ready for EGR valve

Alway chek this site when you have issues with your car,
http://carsurvey.org/modelyear_Honda_Odyssey_2000.html
someone has been there before you.
Re: Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by flexya: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
fotodaddy: My friend's Odyssey did exactly the same thing. Eventually it stopped changing gears and he had to replace the gear box. The "new" gearbox started the same behaviour anout 5000 km later. Now he is stuck again waiting for the gearbox to go again.

Brace up for expenses!!!

Very correct. Found out the hard way. Will never advice anyone 2 buy odyssey again
Re: Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by aodiki: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
I use Honda Odyssey. My advice is first get original Honda ATF DW1 to replace the transmission fluid, and then take it for a scan. Follow the procedure in the manual for a complete change of the ATF. TCS can come on when the wheel or TCS system overheats and resets when engine is restarted. Odyssey is very sensitive to ATF. If TCS is overheating, that can really affect performance of ur transmission.

1 Like

Re: Tcs Lights Occasionally Comes On And D4 Flashes (honda Odyssey) by dcole73: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2018
fotodaddy:
My friend's Odyssey did exactly the same thing. Eventually it stopped changing gears and he had to replace the gear box. The "new" gearbox started the same behaviour anout 5000 km later. Now he is stuck again waiting for the gearbox to go again.

Brace up for expenses!!!

Why wait?
Be proactive.

Prevent the failure of your second transmission box. By now, you should have studied or looked up this fault and learnt something, enough to prevent a reoccurrance.

Either there is another major faulty unit in your vehicle or you are doing something wrong.

What ATF do you use? Check your owners manual. Is it the recommended ATF for your vehicle?
Do you experience leakage in the transmission unit?

There are many more things to look into. Yes, you may spend some money on data subscription or paying for regular maintenance and checkups, but I don't think these would cost as much as a replacement for your transmission unit.

(1) (Reply)

2010 Lexus ES 350 / 2016 Foreign Used Mercedes-benz GLE350 Formatic @21m (negotiable) / ®®®®®®®®® Sold!!! Tokunbo 2009 FORD ESCAPE XLT with V4 Engine @ N2.2m negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.