Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini (17718 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Lempeh(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
With His Current form and performance for the Super Eagles of nigeria in the on going African Cup of Nations, Spartak Moscow striker
Emmanuel Emenike has been an Eye Catching to many football fan in the country and have been creating bubbles around the corner, comparing
him with the Legendary Rashidi Yekini.
After taking these in to consideration, i can see a similar fact about the two. As a striker(Yekini) during his Era, he has always been
praised for his hard work, and has been quoted by the Caf president Issa Hayatou as a man who has gave everything for his country during
the time of his death.Though his death was a shock of "the whole African football" as quoted by bbcfootball.com

Rashidi Yekini was a Fantastic and Prolific goal scorer, scoring 37 goals in 58 apperance in his international career, his a player who is powerful and fearless and i can Emenike possesing such qualities, he is also a player who strong with the ball, fearless and also a deadly
finisher. Today i think we have a striker who is trying to come some miles close to how good was the legendary Yekini was, With his Powerful, Pacy , fearless and Finising ability. The status speaks for it's self 30 goals in 50 matches for Karabukspor in Turkey,18 goals in 37 matches for Spatark Moscow, and also a joint top scorer at the 2013 On goning African Cup of Nation.

Cheers!!!

Source: http://justgoals..com/2013/02/compare-and-contrast-is-emmanuel.html

2 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Akshow: 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
I concur.

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by ebucha: 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
Maybe
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by iamswizz(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
keita is the real heir to Rashidi

#jus joking
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by vicade(m): 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2013
Early Days
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by 2bosun: 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
Let him score the winning goal in the finals first then we can start comparing
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by executinal(m): 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
NO EMENIKE = EMENIKE

LATE RASHIDI = RASHIDI

TIME FOR CELEBRATION

[size=18pt]HATERS DIE IN JESUS NAME[/size]
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by coogar: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
he's not even close - yekini was a beast - on a day like this, yekini is scoring a hatrick or 4 goals and rasheed yekini did not need deflections to score free kicks - the ball waltzed into the net with the same trajectory of a laser-guided missile!

16 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
In this form he presently is,he will do more than Rashidi Yekini. The dude is a scoring machine. Just give him time. There is more to see of him. Up Super Eagles!!

14 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by wonderz(m): 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
No doubt, I agree with you.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by pboiskinpy(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
Emenike di ok

#jux passing
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by tunapawizzy: 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2013
Well if he keeps improving he can be like Yekini

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by magnumx: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
looks likely
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by SamConquer(m): 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2013
I THINK HE WILL BE HEIR TO OMOKACHI'the bull'
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Orikinla(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
[size=48pt]NO.
HE IS YET TO COME.
EMENIKE IS NOT EVEN AS GOOD AS AMUNEKE.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
truly early days... Yekini was an accomplished goal poacher grin grin asides that he can turn a loose ball into a blistering goal opportunity in the blink of an eye. even on one foot, Yekini stood like a tree. and for a tall dude he was agile

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Ganys: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sharaaap!!! Comot for Road make I shiiit on this thread....
Poo Poo Pooo!!!
No kill the guy career nah, e just dey start abeg angry

4 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by olanyte: 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
I HOPE SO
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Ibangap(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hah, dis comparison is too early abeg. Heir ko, next of kin ni.

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by toykathy(f): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
no be say dem say, d guy is da bomb. Emenike rocks mennnnnn
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Bolarge1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
HABA! WETIN EMENIKE DON DO?

EMENIKE NEVER REACH THE FIT OF AMOKACHI YOU DEY TALK OF YEKINI.

I BEG THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE.

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by gratiaeo(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sorry Yekini is a Yoruba
Emenike is an IGBO with tick blood! While comparing the two?
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
Emmanuel Emenike....
*Sounds like Amunike..
*More like yekini.

Both names got I/K/E/N

If E means E-mprovement......

Then.... KIN is more like 'next of kin'

Thence...... He can be a better version of yekini.

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Cmoyor: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
Yekini will always be yekini and Emenike will always be Emenike

1 Like

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by morpheus24: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
Lets just say this much, this naija team would be vastly different without him.

The guy is the HEIR. He just needs a couple more showings and he's got it.
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Razmuhy: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
true talk
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Chudi99(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
well who knows he may even be greater than rashidi yakini eventually
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Asis(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
But d guy is damn gud
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2013
Too early to conclude. Lets keep enjoying the victory over Mali. Hopefully, we ll win the tourney.
Up Eagles, Up Nigeria.
Gbàgbé òsì kì o jeun lo (forget your worries & enjoy the moment).
Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Itoroetti(m): 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
coogar: he's not even close - yekini was a beast - on a day like this, yekini is scoring a hatrick or 4 goals and rasheed yekini did not need deflections to score free kicks - the ball waltzed into the net with the same trajectory of a laser-guided missile!

I believe u are joking.how many great goals did yekini scored?how many assist did he contribute to d team in general?yekini was just a player who topped 9 with little contribution to the team.yekini was not a "hustler" like emenike.when yekini doesn't score,u can't see him in d field,but on d contrary to emenike.if emenike isn't scoring ,u see him create d assist or u see him trouble d defence.pls how fantastic was d goal yekini scored in 94 world
cup?watch d 2 players b4 comparing them.tans

12 Likes

Re: Is Emmanuel Emenike The Heir To Rashidi Yekini by Duduknight(m): 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
He is not even close. Emenike still has a long way to go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

23 Times Grand Slam Champion, Serena Williams Reaches 11th Wimbledon Final / Haaland Takes Swipe At Alexander-Arnold Over Man City Spending Jibe / Lucky Omeruo And Dorsy Chuks-Omeruo Welcome Their First Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.