Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,552 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali (18376 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by j4jj: 7:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
My man of the match is Moses!!!. They all played well! Although, @ OP! I guess you overscored Mikel!because there were certain times he Mikel held the ball for too long thereby givin away d ball posession!

I still prefer Mba to do most of the play makin in d midfield than Obi

S.Eagles of Nija flew superb than d Eagles of Mali
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by 4reigningqueen: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
i wonder why those that blame mikel for every mistake made on the pitch are silent.
They blame him because he is not a flamboyant player yet his quality cannot be denied.
Ride on boy,just enjoy your game.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by 4reigningqueen: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
j4jj: My man of the match is Moses!!!. They all played well! Although, @ OP! I guess you overscored Mikel!because there were certain times he Mikel held the ball for too long thereby givin away d ball posession!

I still prefer Mba to do most of the play makin in d midfield than Obi

S.Eagles of Nija flew superb than d Eagles of Mali

eh hen!they are here. My guy please go and sleep.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Gbenge77(m): 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
What a teriffic and absolutely amazing peformance by Nigeria.The boys were totally unplayable for long periods
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus:

He or Moses may win the MVP for this tournament if Nigeria win the cup.

However, how come Okocha won MVP in Tunisia 2004 before final game? And Nigeria was eliminated in semis.

I think Okocha's overall skillset eclipsed those of any other individual players at that tournament. grin
Remember, "He is so good, they named him twice" grin
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by boron10(m): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Moses is the man of the match. The Malians were able to surge forward after Moses was substituted. The never gave them the chance when he was on the field. He also had a hand in the build up of all the first half 3 goals.

If the match was goaless b4 moses got injured, i bet, it would have been a very tough game for naija. I hope he plays the final game. With him on the pitch, there wont be any tension.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Wat we saw today was a well coordinated super eagles, 'm beginning to re eventing my belief in this team.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
It's interesting to note that the 2 best players for Naija today are Chelsea players.

I suspect that Victor Moses will SURELY be given much more opportunities to start for CFC.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by kalunomics(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
my man of the match is moses. Though, all did perform well
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by OvoClose: 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2013
coogar: keshi gets 10/10 from me today!!!

he got his tactics spot on - he must have read my comment in your last thread where i criticised his lack of wing play. we used the flanks well today and all our goals but the free kick were as a result of smart wing play!

all the players but mikel get 8 for me and mikel gets a 9 for the brilliant assist to musa! the pass just split the malian defence open like moses did with the red sea! mikel for me has been the best player of this tournament. i hope his critics can now see chelsea has grossly mismanaged him!

Mikel plays the same way for Chelsea. Nigerians just don't understand the term "play your position". Notice the difference in the Chelsea game since he went to the AFCON?
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Emylexray(m): 7:13pm On Feb 06, 2013
In the press conference, Keshi was asked what the key factor was in the super Eagles victory over the malians, and he said . ..

KESHI: i studied their (mali) previous matches and saw that they were a little slow, so i instructed my players to be attacking-minded and feed our pacy attackers with the ball. That they did and it paid off.

What a game plan! It was efficacious!

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by chidi500(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2013
i hope Naija people should learn from this team selection.the same thing should go to our presidency.
pray and support anyone God have choose to lead his people.God did not make mistake when he appointed Moses to lead his people to promise land.God drop Osaze so that his people should cross over to promise land.

Best website Hosting
visit www.hostlinker.com
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Gbenge77(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
What a teriffic and absolutely amazing peformance by Nigeria.The boys were absolutely unplayable for long periods.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by donobi(m): 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
This Super Eagles is playing like Bacelona.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Desdola(m): 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
To me Victor Moses is d man of the match
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by coogar: 7:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ovo Close:
Mikel plays the same way for Chelsea. Nigerians just don't understand the term "play your position". Notice the difference in the Chelsea game since he went to the AFCON?

he doesn't surge forward at chelsea like he does for the super eagles......
they don't even trust him enough to make those sweeping passes to the attack or to the wingers. mikel is top quality - our best passer by all standards. he has shown nothing but absolute class in this tournament throughout......

3 standout players for me in this tourney have been mikel obi, emenike and alain traore(burkina faso)

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by joewilly(m): 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hon. Patrick Obaihiagbon should kindly come and do di rating for us abeg.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2013
coogar:

he doesn't surge forward at chelsea like he does for the super eagles......
they don't even trust him enough to make those sweeping passes to the attack or the wingers. mikel is top quality - our best passer by all standards. he has shown nothing but absolute class in this tournament throughout......

3 standout players for me in this tourney have been mikel obi, emenike and alain traore(burkina faso)
Yeah, that Alain Trarore guy na baller. Too bad for Bf he's out to injury.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by donpetros: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus, your rating is in order. you really know the game keep up the work. up super eagles!!
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Hotdiamond(m): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2013
pendusky: And After Elderson the son of
Echejile harkened to the voice and opened the flood gate of goals against the weak Malian Army,

Keshi the leader of the troop knelt down in his heart and cried unto the heavens, saying Jehovah grant unto thy Army victory this day! And the Lord said unto Stephen, the eye, go into the goal mouth and await further instructions.!
nice. From Where cometh thy recitation.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by coogar: 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus:
Yeah, that Alain Trarore guy na baller. Too bad for Bf he's out to injury.

i heard english clubs are after him.....my club included. his football brain, positioning and his shots are top quality!
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Ayoobscom(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
Jarus your rating is genius...thumb up...I ve nothing I could ve changed in it..
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by pendusky(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hotdiamond: nice. From Where cometh thy recitation.
from the book of Eagles, chapter 20:5
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Gishee: 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
Well done keshi!!!
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by OvoClose: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
Kingscee: LION OF BIAFRA 4 BOKO HARAM 1 
Up BIAFRA

It is comments like these that feed the growing distrust in our society. This is too stupid even for a joke in a public space.

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Kgdavid(m): 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2013
i love this team but the defense is weak. they are extremely vulnerable to set pieces. other wise we're set. its a joy to watch emenike, moses and mikel together...breath taking at times. mikel is just a whole other class....what a player! see the mad passes this guy was just throwing with ease...an african Xavi??

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
Kgdavid: i love this team but the defense is weak. they are extremely vulnerable to set pieces. other wise we're set. its a joy to watch emenike, moses and mikel together...breath taking at times. mikel is just a whole other class....what a player! see the mad passes this guy was just throwing with ease...an african Xavi??

Yeah, I concur with the bolded. The marking on set pieces has to be a little tighter; if possible, the defense should do man-to-man marking on set pieces.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
The match na four-mali-ty for our boys. cheesy
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Mehiedu(m): 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
This team will go places if kept together.up Super Eagles,Up Nigeria.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Mali by Grendel(m): 8:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
grin cheesy cry ok!
I give it to GEJ for promising our super Eagle 30000$

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCONQ: Super Eagles Fly Out To Bissau For Guinea-Bissau Clash (Video) / Greenwood Will Not Play For Man United This Season – Investigation / Maurice Cooreman Dies In Belgium Aged 79

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.