Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? (17978 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 / Why Do Nigerians Support Man. Utd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
Are we afraid that our chances against ghana in the final is slim? And preferably burkina faso won't give us tough time? Why did u as Nigerian supported burkina faso? Why not ghana?
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
Mod pls i need response, if possible front page..

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by seriousspy: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
Because Ghana must go tongue

54 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ihedioramma: 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
FOR LIKE 14 YRS NOW I DONT THINK NIG HAS WIN THEM THEY ARE PROBLEM TO US AND WE DONT WANT TO LOOK FOR ANY THING IN THAT CUP THAT IS WHY AND NOW WERE IS GHANA ? tongue grin cool

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Syenite(m): 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
@ ihedioramma, Wrong! We beat them 3-0 in 2001, 1-0 in AFCON 2002 and 1-0 in AFCON 2006. I supported Burkina Faso cos i dnt want them (Ghana) to rub shoulders anywhere near us. Let them play a loser's final while we play for the title. I dnt care if Burkina beats us or not. Better to lose to Burkina than to lose to those loud and foul mouthed Ghanaians.

114 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 11:51pm On Feb 06, 2013
Hmmmmm then i think the point here is that we cant make against ghana..am i right? From all ur view?
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Moyola(f): 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
. . .kuz Ghana wud prolly whip 9ja tongue

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
From tonite match onward ghanians should knw there friend when ïŧ comes to football bcus we nigerians are not.. I personally i prayed we dont meet them and as God will hv it...Ghana has gone..
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Dfrenzy(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2013
First of all, go down low....., Ghana has won the cup for a record 4 times now, if they get to the final, and knowing that in football anything is possible, they could win it 5 times and that is a record that as a 9grian, i don't want to see any other country apart from 9gria attain. Next, Burkina faso defeating Ghana and meeting 9gria at the final, has proved that, Group C is the strongest group of the competition. And that, the tough games experienced during the group stages that saw even the defending champions going out were not flukes. Finally, i have really come to love the never say die spirit of the Burkina faso and yesterday, against all odds against the Ghanains, even with bias officiating they still held their own. I want 9gria to win this cup but, if they lost to Burkina faso, men, i will still be happy.

10 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by homesteady(m): 7:53am On Feb 07, 2013
actually!! I heard dat 1 magician said Ghana and Nigeria will meet in the final.....and Ghana will win us 3-1.......so as they say "Prevention is better than cure".......so dats why i supported Burkina faso....so dat dey'll help us prevent Ghana......

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 8:37am On Feb 07, 2013
Dfrenzy: First of all, go down low....., Ghana has won the cup for a record 4 times now, if they get to the final, and knowing that in football anything is possible, they could win it 5 times and that is a record that as a 9grian, i don't want to see any other country apart from 9gria attain. Next, Burkina faso defeating Ghana and meeting 9gria at the final, has proved that, Group C is the strongest group of the competition. And that, the tough games experienced during the group stages that saw even the defending champions going out were not flukes. Finally, i have really come to love the never say die spirit of the Burkina faso and yesterday, against all odds against the Ghanains, even with bias officiating they still held their own. I want 9gria to win this cup but, if they lost to Burkina faso, men, i will still be happy.
hmm we all wished the best for our dear nation..
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 8:39am On Feb 07, 2013
Here in akure everybody supported burkina faso......thank God we are not disappointed..
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ksam(m): 10:29am On Feb 07, 2013
ipromise: Here in akure everybody supported burkina faso......thank God we are not disappointed..
not only in Akure o,,even where i live we all supported b.f..and am glad they didn't disappoint us...
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by usayab(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2013
Atleast we've tested bfaso ealiar in our group stage,they will be more easier to defeat more than ghana. All thesame i wish eagle the trophy.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by onitshaigbo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
I'm tired of those Ghanaians who always think they're better than us, even though we are the Giant of Africa. Countries like Ghana prevent Africa from being more united. Nkrumah was a greater leader but they exiled him, may God destroy Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Tolexander: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
why i prefer burkinafaso to ghana:
ghana has been defeating nigeria in the last 2 or 3 matches. Meaning they are maintaining the record over nigeria.
Cos of the diplomatic row.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Basic(m): 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
Initially I wanted us to play Ghana in the finals and beat the daylight out of them. I felt they needed to be taught how to learn to keep their mouths shut when it comes to football.
With the Super Eagles' current form, I'm sure we'll whip Ghana if we play them in the final.
Secondly, I wanted the Eagles to take their pound of flesh from the Ghanians. So, at first, I wanted Ghana to qualify for the final.
But while watching the Ghana-B/Faso semi final, I changed my wish, for 2 reasons:
1. Burkina Faso outplayed them like mad and deserved to win.
2. The refree was obviously behind Ghana. So, out of sympathy, I supported BF.
In short, I didn't support BF out of fear of the Ghanians. In fact, BF will be tougher than Ghana in the final. The Ghanians have just been an average team so far, or maybe a little above average.

25 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
The main reason is that, Ghanians does not know their mates... They want to prove that they are Better than Us, when we all Know they are not even Near us... If they had Won Yestaday's Match, they will not stop Shouting till Sunday.... But thank God they didn't...

9ja no dey carry Last... If u tink ah dey Lie, Ask Ghanians on Twitter...
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by shekone(m): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
i'm in ghana, i knw how much they wanted nigeria out.they r so beefin naija. .dats y most nigerians here wanted dem 2 loose d match...infact dey even fought in som places wit nigerians..dey made 2much noise..

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by shadrach77: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
I supported BF for psychological reasons. Ghana always play like wounded lions whenever they play Nigeria because they always believe they have something to prove against us. Also it's psychologically beneficial to the players since BF is regarded as s lower ranked country than Ghana cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by profola2be(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
I wanted Ghana to Loose,just because of that Guy called Asamoah Gyan!
He puffs a lot.
I don't know if anybody noticed when he was shaking the hands of the Officials and Burkinabes,before the commencement of the match,as Ghana had already won the match!
Just too proud!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ortopazz(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
Syenite: @ ihedioramma, Wrong! We beat them 3-0 in 2001 and 1-0 in AFCON 2006. I supported Burkina Faso cos i dnt want them (Ghana) to rub shoulders anywhere near us. Let them play a loser's final while we play for the title. I dnt care if Burkina beats us or not. Better to lose to Burkina than to lose to those loud and foul mouthed Ghanaians.

gud point! Let them knw their place!
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by GooseBaba: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
onitshaigbo: I'm tired of those Ghanaians who always think they're better than us, even though we are the Giant of Africa. Countries like Ghana prevent Africa from being more united. Nkrumah was a greater leader but they exiled him, may God destroy Ghana.

Tufiakwa! Because of football... My guy go chop shi-it or die trying...

9 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by bingbagbo(m): 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by profola2be(m): 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
profola2be: I wanted Ghana to Loose,just because of that Guy called Asamoah Gyan!
He puffs a lot.
I don't know if anybody noticed when he was shaking the hands of the Officials and Burkinabes,before the commencement of the match,as Ghana had already won the match!
Just too proud!!!

No wonder,he lost clear scoring chances!!!
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by nellaluv(f): 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
onitshaigbo: I'm tired of those Ghanaians who always think they're better than us, even though we are the Giant of Africa. Countries like Ghana prevent Africa from being more united. Nkrumah was a greater leader but they exiled him, may God destroy Ghana.

You mean the Armpit of Africa or yes maybe the pu $ $ y of Africa where everyone else fvcks with her and gets away with it. Smh at giant lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by LEXYCOM: 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
because ghanains are lousy and noisy.....

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ffo(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
the fear of black stars is d beginning of wisdom, check our records against them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by manny4life(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
Isn't it obvious? It's like asking ACN masters on NL, "why do you hate APC"?, Um duh, it's obvious
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
I wanted Burkina to win but i also wanted Ghana to win so that we'll teach them a lesson in the final but i changed my mind when the referee made some embarrassing decisions. It was clear the ref didn't want the Burniababes in the final.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by BeraBera(f): 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
Because Ghanaians are just too boastful and i wanted to see them cry.

And i just wanted to watch Nigeria play Burkina Faso once again. You know, we started the tournament with them, so let us end with them too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Red Cards and World Cup Officiating / Uk Pool Week 25 Fixed Draws / 8 Cameroon Athletes Go Missing From Commonwealh Games In Australia (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.