Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (19478 Views)

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / Is It Advisable For Couples To Watch Sex Videos To Improve Their Sex Lives? / A 27-year-old Man Havingsexual Intercourse Withchicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 10, 2013
Don't leave home for now...stay at home and save up for at least a year....

Don't rush to start paying bills just yet. Trust me, your time will come
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by GboyegaD(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2013
eyenCalabar: U've started already bro. Stay with them and make some saves before u start thinking of privacy. I know all the privacy u want is going to be just because of "one thing" but try and bear with the present situation for now. You won't be missing the funs much. I tell u by the time u start buying your own food, pay some bills and having to take care of "the unknown", u'll realize that it's not beans. Just bear with the situation while you plan. Make good saves now for the future.

Do you think it is easier to save when you are in your parents apt? You indirectly have no responsibilities and this in its sense becomes your greatest responsibilities as some people would definitely see it as an opportunity to leech on you.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by alyarmouk(m): 6:58pm On May 10, 2013
NOOOOO... 27 YRS KE? RENT A PLACE? 4 WHAT? WAIT TILL U REACH 55. ODOMUTETE

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On May 10, 2013
Yes, you should rent your own place cos:
Proximity to you work of place ; Privacy and being responsible for other stuff in life.
No, Dont if:
1. You are renting all cos you wanna show that you are big enuf, 2. if you salary wont be able to afford it.
Good luck
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by somalia5: 7:00pm On May 10, 2013
If not now then when?

if not you than who?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Tonyblinky(m): 7:03pm On May 10, 2013
Though having the kind of feeling that my salary is too meagre to cope wit bills,Is this salary capable of doing that?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by tspun(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2013
people day try o. I move at of my parent house at 20 n dat gave me the strength to hustle re hard. If at 27 u still live in ur prent haux na wen u won come commot, abi na way u don reach 40. Come on my frd grow up n do d rit tin fast.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: Though having the kind of feeling that my salary is too meagre to cope wit bills,Is this salary capable of doing that?

Only you can answer that question, you need to break it down . . . What is the rent per month (divide the yearly rent and all other fees by 12 months, check cost of transportation to work and back and add like 10% extra, add cost of feeding, cos now Mama wont cook for you no more, and add some extra for boy having fun . . . if your salary can afford all that, then, you good, but remember you have to do big boy too oh
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: people day try o. I move at of my parent house at 20 n dat gave me the strength to hustle re hard. If at 27 u still live in ur prent haux na wen u won come commot, abi na way u don reach 40. Come on my frd grow up n do d rit tin fast.

Moving at 20 based on what income . . .

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by EmmyDe25(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=Amelian]I have friend, way back ,a guy who started staying on his own apartment at the age of 23.. He was hustling from 19yrs old, cos his parents lived in the village and very poor, he wants a better life for himself.. He came to lagos, trained himself through secondary school , then took a break to work , before heading for a part time course in the university. He is doing well, he bought his first car at the age of 27yrs.. Relocated to a better apartment...I admire him, cause he is a hard worker, with dreams... He is not lazy at all... Such an admirable youngman, whose parents just gave him,primary education... But still making headway ... So op, you are a full adult and a man, your decision to get your own place is in order ...and will either make you more responsible or irresponsible...
Love dis story... I rily do like guys who are committed to be something in life.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:09pm On May 10, 2013
Amelian: I have friend, way back ,a guy who started staying on his own apartment at the age of 23.. He was hustling from 19yrs old, cos his parents lived in the village and very poor, he wants a better life for himself.. He came to lagos, trained himself through secondary school , then took a break to work , before heading for a part time course in the university. He is doing well, he bought his first car at the age of 27yrs.. Relocated to a better apartment...I admire him, cause he is a hard worker, with dreams... He is not lazy at all... Such an admirable youngman, whose parents just gave him,primary education... But still making headway ... So op, you are a full adult and a man, your decision to get your own place is in order ...and will either make you more responsible or irresponsible...

That is the buzz line
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 10, 2013
Op, I was 22 wen I rented my place, immediately after service with all d money I saved..at d rate of 200k per annum..I'm a lady, I save 20% of my salary every month, I pay my rent myself, save for once wen my mum had to help... And I paid her back.
My point, u don over mature to begin live on ur own!!
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On May 10, 2013
tchidi: Op, I was 22 wen I rented my place, immediately after service with all d money I saved..at d rate of 200k per annum..I'm a lady, I save 20% of my salary every month, I pay my rent myself, save for once wen my mum had to help... And I paid her back.
My point, u don over mature to begin live on ur own!!
Good luck!

It is not about age but affordability.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

It is not about age but affordability.

He put his age didn't he? undecided
I'm just trying to let him know that 27 is good enough to leave his comfort zone!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by honeric01(m): 7:17pm On May 10, 2013
In benin city, with as low as 70k, you can get a 3 bedroom flat (which you don't need right now) for one year without paying commission like we do here in lag.

With 50k salary, saving 25k will take you just 3 months to rent a place of your own (if u've nt been saving), another 3 months' savings enough to funish the apt a bit.

You have no excuse living with your parents/siblings/relatives when you can afford @ least a self contain.

My younger bro started living alone @ 19 when he was earning less than 20k monthly.

Paying bills straigthens you and makes you more responsible.

Some of your mates @ 27 are already married, some with kids.

You ain't a kid and shouldn't be asking this kinda question!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On May 10, 2013
tchidi:

He put his age didn't he? undecided
I'm just trying to let him know that 27 is good enough to leave his comfort zone!

And he asked with one of his responses that he is not sure if 50K Naira could rent an apartment . . . So apart from age, you think 50K Naira is enuf to do that?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On May 10, 2013
honeric01: In benin city, with as low as 70k, you can get a 3 bedroom flat (which you don't need right now) for one year without paying commission like we do here in lag.

In that case, i think the gentleman can afford it then
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And he asked with one of his responses that he is not sure if 50K Naira could rent an apartment . . . So apart from age, you think 50K Naira is enuf to do that?

He can get an advance from his parents and gradually pay back... I doubt if accommodation is as costly there as it is in abuja and its environs... With 50 k, he can get a 1bedroom apartment..and start from dere! Wallahi 50k is more than enough...all he needs is cultivate a habit of saving! Shikenan!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by ATMCARD2(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: I am a graduate,aged 27, I recently got a job with a govt parastatal with a salary little above 50k and I was posted to benin city where my parents live in a rented 3bedroom flat,I share room with my siblings and a few relatives.

I don't have any privacy and comfort,moreso its quite far from my workplace.I really feel like renting a small apartment where I can start my life.

Is it a nice decision and how do i convince my parents?

pls ur thoughts on this
.Itz a vry gud decisn,ur parents n siblings wl respect u more.Always hv it in mind dat u're nw an adult n wit ur job u can pay ur dues.I got a huz at d age of 25 here in Abj even wen i hv uncles n family memberz 2 stay wit.Cari on wit ur decisn,privacy is d key 2 enable u reasn wel n faze challenges.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 10, 2013
Why not u are of age some of ur age mates already have family
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by dammytosh: 7:26pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: I am a graduate,aged 27, I recently got a job with a govt parastatal with a salary little above 50k and I was posted to benin city where my parents live in a rented 3bedroom flat,I share room with my siblings and a few relatives.

I don't have any privacy and comfort,moreso its quite far from my workplace.I really feel like renting a small apartment where I can start my life.

Is it a nice decision and how do i convince my parents?

pls ur thoughts on this

No, wait until you are 40. angry
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by An0nimus: 7:27pm On May 10, 2013
kulyie: if me as a female left my parents house at 21 plus to go and live on my own
kiss kiss kiss

@OP Leave home my brother. It may not be rosy at the beginning but hopefully one day you'll look back and be proud of the decision. Cheers.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by neksummi(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2013
An0nimus:
:* :* :*

@OP Leave home my brother. It may not be rosy at the beginning but hopefully one day you'll look back and be proud of the decision. Cheers.

I quite agree with the above advise.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by devigblegble: 7:29pm On May 10, 2013
My guy it's not a crime to rent more over I think u are too old to be staying with ya pap,
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Cestmoi1(f): 7:35pm On May 10, 2013
[quote author=Tonyblinky]My benin based nairalander i really need ur thought on this,i work at ubth and my house is behind santana mkt in sapele road,mind u i dnt keep girlfriends for long,can i really meet up?my fears though,nice advice so far,dnt want to see my self back in popsy house in sapele
get ur ass outta dat house.u are matured enuff.u need to start making decisions and take charge of your future.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:35pm On May 10, 2013
tchidi:

He can get an advance from his parents and gradually pay back... I doubt if accommodation is as costly there as it is in abuja and its environs... With 50 k, he can get a 1bedroom apartment..and start from dere! Wallahi 50k is more than enough...all he needs is cultivate a habit of saving! Shikenan!

Good . . . then, let us help him to start packing . . . Where are the boxes for us to put his shoes and shirts tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 10, 2013
U know why some r sayin stay with them and save? Cos its in naija! In a developd world, at 27,a man who is blessd with work and he still want to stay with d parent will pay house rent to them, contribute for d upkeep of d house! Our pple never grow up,that's why at 30 a man is still answering 'my boy'when in other countries he has gone very far with life.taata always

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On May 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw: U know why some r sayin stay with them and save? Cos its in naija! In a developd world, at 27,a man who is blessd with work and he still want to stay with d parent will pay house rent to them, contribute for d upkeep of d house! Our pple never grow up,that's why at 30 a man is still answering 'my boy'when in other countries he has gone very far with life.taata always

While that is true, it is not in all cases . . .
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by okwutency(m): 7:39pm On May 10, 2013
I see nothing wrong in it. You can live alone, you are an adult so it's a free world my guy.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by 234GT(m): 7:42pm On May 10, 2013
I am 27 too. I earn six digits but I am not leaving my parents mansion until I complete my own self contain bungalow. I have not even started the building yet but my savings is really much.
Away from savings, I get all the comfort in the world in my parents home. Not even my father can drive me out of his home. I don't have a babe anyway.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by ugo41babe(m): 7:45pm On May 10, 2013
I normally tell ppl to leave their comfy zone n view life the other way. I came to Lag this year to job hunt,staying with an uncle who just got married. I stay alone in one room but I dnt feel comfortable cus I can't be used as an errand boy by the wife @ this age. So I just got a self cont room to move in soon. Though I'm abt to get the job. I av always stayed alone all my teen life. My point is that the op needs to move out of the comfy zone.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 10, 2013
honeric01: In benin city, with as low as 70k, you can get a 3 bedroom flat (which you don't need right now) for one year without paying commission like we do here in lag.

With 50k salary, saving 25k will take you just 3 months to rent a place of your own (if u've nt been saving), another 3 months' savings enough to funish the apt a bit.

You have no excuse living with your parents/siblings/relatives when you can afford @ least a self contain.

My younger bro started living alone @ 19 when he was earning less than 20k monthly.

Paying bills straigthens you and makes you more responsible.

Some of your mates @ 27 are already married, some with kids.

You ain't a kid and shouldn't be asking this kinda question!
TOLD HIM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? / My Son Is A Month Old Today..(pictures). / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Wife Gives Birth To Twins After 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.