Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? (19476 Views)

What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / Is It Advisable For Couples To Watch Sex Videos To Improve Their Sex Lives? / A 27-year-old Man Havingsexual Intercourse Withchicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by ugo41babe(m): 7:46pm On May 10, 2013
Note that in your parents' house u dnt av properties .
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Joeblis(m): 7:50pm On May 10, 2013
honeric01: In benin city, with as low as 70k, you can get a 3 bedroom flat (which you don't need right now) for one year without paying commission like we do here in lag.

With 50k salary, saving 25k will take you just 3 months to rent a place of your own (if u've nt been saving), another 3 months' savings enough to funish the apt a bit.

You have no excuse living with your parents/siblings/relatives when you can afford @ least a self contain.

My younger bro started living alone @ 19 when he was earning less than 20k monthly.

Paying bills straigthens you and makes you more responsible.

Some of your mates @ 27 are already married, some with kids.

You ain't a kid and shouldn't be asking this kinda question!
rubbish!!..where is he going to say before he saves for his rents under bridge?if am not mistaking the guy said he just relocated to benin to pick up the job so he needs some time..guy i'd advice you stay in you parents house for at least 6months buy then you'd have enough to do your thang!..all this bushrats saying i moved out of my parentr house at 19,20,22,do you think every had the same opportunity as you did?because you got a job at 20
dosent mean everybody will get at that age.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 10, 2013
Is very good if the income is there... @23 i was already living on my own and paying rents, then i realized what it means to be a man.... It will be good to rent a place because your eyes will open more.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Suntemi(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2013
27 years! Haaa I left my parent when I was 18 years. Stayed with some friends for 4 years, hustling and feeding myself. Rented my first apartment when I was 22 years. It's really not easy but bro it worth it. It makes you believe in yourself. And your siblings and parents will be proud of you. I'm not even up to 26 now. You need to see the way mum and dad talk with me now, because they believe I'm an adult.

Bro, at 27, I think you are 2 years late already. All man should leave his parent at max 25 years of age, IMO.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by honeric01(m): 7:58pm On May 10, 2013
Joeblis: rubbish!!..where is he going to say before he saves for his rents under bridge?if am not mistaking the guy said he just relocated to benin to pick up the job so he needs some time..guy i'd advice you stay in you parents house for at least 6months buy then you'd have enough to do your thang!..all this bushrats saying i moved out of my parentr house at 19,20,22,do you think every had the same opportunity as you did?because you got a job at 20

Comprehension problem! I can't help you understand simple English!

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by oseiwe(m): 8:02pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: My benin based nairalander i really need ur thought on this,i work at ubth and my house is behind santana mkt in sapele road,mind u i dnt keep girlfriends for long,can i really meet up?my fears though,nice advice so far,dnt want to see my self back in popsy house in shame
D only reason i would say get a place of ur own is cos of d distance. U will always be late for work at dis early stage of ur career. Kindly look for someone to pair wit around ubth area. Forget ur age, look ur pocket. U dont want to start borrowing cos rite nw, pple even dey look up to u.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by mistiff007(m): 8:06pm On May 10, 2013
Still suckling on mama's bwreeast @ 27?,c'mmon men get d hell out & start catching out on life goodies..meet up with friends for a quality social life.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Good . . . then, let us help him to start packing . . . Where are the boxes for us to put his shoes and shirts tongue tongue

Box ke?? Bagco bag jare..no time to waste. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On May 10, 2013
tchidi:

Box ke?? Bagco bag jare..no time to waste. tongue tongue tongue

Kool, make i go call Okada that will help us . . . How many Okada make i get?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by CashVessel(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2013
Hello, dats a nice question. You can stay a while; like 6months while u save some money n stabilise urself b4 looking for a place for urself.While ur at ur parents place, also do well to help out with some things they might need as some form of contributio, even if they or have more than u do.As a worker u may need to make few changes to ur wardrobe, so dis is the time.I wish u well.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by BigBossMan(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2013
GUY I WAS IN A SIMILAR SITUATION BEFORE I MOVED OUT. IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME!
HEAR MY STORY
I AM A GRADUATE, A BUSINESS MAN. I USED TO LIVE IN MY PARENTS (BIG) HOUSE IN BENIN CITY.
I STAYED IN MY PARENTS HOUSE FIVE YEARS AFTER GRADUATION BUT A BITTER EXPERIENCE MADE ME MOVE OUT!
MOVING OUT MADE ME STRIVE MORE FOR SUCCESS AND WITHIN THREE MONTHS OF MOVING OUT, I MADE TREMENDOUS BUSINESS IMPROVEMENTS
I BECAME MORE FOCUSED,I BOUGHT MORE PROPERTIES AND I WAS ABLE TO PLAN MY WEDDING (GOT MARRIED FIVE MONTHS AFTER MOVING OUT)

TAKE MY ADVICE MOVE OUT AND COME AND THANK ME LATER!
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SECURED A PLACE BEFORE TELLING YOUR FOLKS(MY FOLKS WERE OPPOSED TO MY MOVING OUT WHEN I TOLD THEM IMMEDIATELY AFTER I GRADUATED-IF ONLY I KNEW)

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On May 10, 2013
CashVessel: Hello, dats a nice question You can stay a while; like 6months while u save some money n stabilise urself b4 looking for a place for urself[/b]While ur at ur parents place, also do well to help out with some things they might need as some form of contributio, even if they or have more than u do.As a worker u may need to make few changes to ur wardrobe, so dis is the time.I wish u well.

[b]What if he now use all the salary to transport himself to and fro to work? I beg make we all join hand and help him move jare and make we no move goal post again
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by hrhobi1(m): 8:11pm On May 10, 2013
TonyBlinky, I understand santana market is far to UBTH , you can get a one bedroom apartment someone in ekewan road which quite affordable.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by BankuTilapia: 8:11pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: I am a graduate,aged 27, I recently got a job with a govt parastatal with a salary little above 50k and I was posted to benin city where my parents live in a rented 3bedroom flat,I share room with my siblings and a few relatives.

I don't have any privacy and comfort,moreso its quite far from my workplace.I really feel like renting a small apartment where I can start my life.

Is it a nice decision and how do i convince my parents?

pls ur thoughts on this
No climb a tree n sleep on it
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by steffans(m): 8:23pm On May 10, 2013
If we we're abroad....
Na by 18yrs... Ur papa 4 don drive u comot house...

In 9jas case... Most parents don't mind u reaching 35 yrs b4 moving out...
Some parents only release d wards/kids on der wedding nights wich dey expect dem to visit evry weekend...

My point: u have to take d bull by d horn... Rent a house..furnish it.. Den tell dem d week u are gona move in to ur crib...
It will hit dem Hard but dats d only way to go about it..but dey will get used to it with tym...

*Make sure u send ur own quota to dem evry month end like buying dem Supplies(tea stuffs,kitchen thngs and toiletries etc)
* it has worked with me... It can work 4 u..

Pls give us Feed back...
Cheers!!!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Inoknowbook: 8:23pm On May 10, 2013
Tonyblinky: I am a graduate,aged 27, I recently got a job with a govt parastatal with a salary little above 50k and I was posted to benin city where my parents live in a rented 3bedroom flat,I share room with my siblings and a few relatives.

I don't have any privacy and comfort,moreso its quite far from my workplace.I really feel like renting a small apartment where I can start my life.

pls ur thoughts on this

Ol'boy, go out and grapple with the world. You are not fully responsible if u are still leaving in your parent's house at your age. Being on your own, will definitely open your eyes to more possibilities and challenges. The sooner you faced them squarely, the better. Mind you, you can never progress if don't leave the known for the unknown. You better MAN UP!
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Lizzypop: 8:28pm On May 10, 2013
Op don't mind those telling u to still stay and save some money dey are only not man enof, am married to a 27yr guy and we are expecting our first baby in our own apartment with our car so what's d big deal? Infact no child of mine will live and feed on me after 24yrs.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Kool, make i go call Okada that will help us . . . How many Okada make i get?

Just bring keke, but if u no see, charter 2... 1 for luggage, 1 for him.. grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On May 10, 2013
tchidi:

Just bring keke, but if u no see, charter 2... 1 for luggage, 1 for him.. grin grin

Ok . . .
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 10, 2013
Agbaya, its your type that waste the lives of girls under the pretence that your mummy is not in support.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Youngmon3Y(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2013
Numerous options have been filed,the one i think is best is for you to forget anything about privacy for,concentrate on your work,save enough,work for promotion and dont forget to put it in prayer....wish you tha best
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 10, 2013
eyenCalabar: U've started already bro. Stay with them and make some saves before u start thinking of privacy. I know all the privacy u want is going to be just because of "one thing" but try and bear with the present situation for now. You won't be missing the funs much. I tell u by the time u start buying your own food, pay some bills and having to take care of "the unknown", u'll realize that it's not beans. Just bear with the situation while you plan. Make good saves now for the future.

Ye he can save for a while, but leaving alone/independent has its own disadvantages and advantages. What u just said is the disadvantages. Is the Disadvantages that makes u a man. Life is not bread and butter.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Elxandre(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2013
I'm 20 and i'm definitely moving out this year! And i'm not working yet!

You should be ashamed for creating such thread @ 27!

Moving out makes you a man. If you dont move out at 27 when will you? When you start earning big at 34.

DONT BE LAZY MAN cool
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by khanivorous(f): 9:11pm On May 10, 2013
I reserve my comment till may 27 then I'll wish you a happy children's day

I left my parents at 25... Heading to 28. If you are 25 and above and still leaving with your parents.. Happy children's day in advance

GROW UP

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by abdulkayus(m): 9:24pm On May 10, 2013
U ppl are somehw indirectly abusin me ooooo, cos i jus turn 26 yesterday and still livin wit my parent. Although, i dont hav a job, still on searching bt immediately i get, i think i will move out, bt mu, dont want us to move out yet.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by moneyhungry(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2013
lastmanstandn: Ode. I started living and fending for myself @ 19. That was the last I slept under the same roof with any of both parents. And we're all in Nigeria.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Greenslim: 9:27pm On May 10, 2013
you are an adult ,and its all about you.u earn more respect and it allows u to plan beta for ur future wen u stay apart.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by chreldb(m): 9:36pm On May 10, 2013

pls ur thoughts on this

I mean no offence but you sound like a stingy and self centred person. Initially I wanted to advice you to be weary of all those giving fairytale stories of how they moved out at 18 yrs of age and turned out successful a year later until I read the bolded again. What I mean is that you can afford to rent an apartment of your own in Benin City without much stress on what you earn. Move to Ugbowo or anywhere close to your work place. Even if it is a self contained apartment, it is much better than sharing a room with relatives and siblings in your parents house. That is just wrong and inconveniencing to your younger ones. I know they say it is condition that made the crayfish bend. But guy in this scenario you are no shellfish, you are just selfish. No pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by Tonyblinky(m): 9:37pm On May 10, 2013
blink182: Agbaya, its your type that waste the lives of girls under the pretence that your mummy is not in support.
I wonder what this has to do with this post,must u comment?
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by moneyhungry(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2013
ugo41babe: Note that in your parents' house u dnt av properties .
it's 'property' not properties.
Re: Is It Advisable For A 27-yr-old Graduate To Rent His Own Place? by moneyhungry(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2013
Joeblis: rubbish!!..where is he going to say before he saves for his rents under bridge?if am not mistaking the guy said he just relocated to benin to pick up the job so he needs some time..guy i'd advice you stay in you parents house for at least 6months buy then you'd have enough to do your thang!..all this bushrats saying i moved out of my parentr house at 19,20,22,do you think every had the same opportunity as you did?because you got a job at 20
jonky.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: UPDATE Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / How Do You Deal With A Lazy Elder Brother Or Sister? / My Son Is A Month Old Today..(pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.